Aliencat

MOC: The Reality Dysfunction

On a quiet morning in may, the people of Milegreen, a bustling seaside town, are rudely awoken by a sudden tear in the time-space continuum, paving the way for an invasion army from an alternative timeline that should never have taken place.

Hungry for a real life and driven by the fear of having to return to their non-existent dimension, these creatures fight with a ferocity unmatched even by history's most legendary warriors.

thumb1-5.jpg

^ click image to enlarge

After no more than an hour after the eruption, our heroes, Professor Neilsworth, Jobasha the Cat and Mandy Chicago are pushed back to Northfall Road where they decide to make a stand, to buy the people of Milegreen a little more time.

thumb2-5.jpg

^ click image to enlarge

A curious Aliencat peeks out the window to see what all the noise is about:

thumb3-5.jpg

^ click image to enlarge

A Power Miner and a Rock Monster are telling jokes by the campfire over a cup of coffee, oblivious of the ruckus above them.

thumb4-2.jpg

^ click image to enlarge

View the MOCpage with detail photos and descriptions here.

View the Brickshelf gallery with all photos here.

Edited by Aliencat

You're a sick man, Aliencat! A sick man with a sick imagination!

...and I am in awe! This is a fantastic creation, and a with a story to boot! I love how the infestation creeps and covers everything as it spreads. :devil:

Also, kudos on the creative recycling of old MOCs (There's at least one that I recognise from earlier MOCs of yours). :thumbup:

That’s an amazing creation!

I especially like the Rock Monster and Power Miner. :tongue: So many details, and interesting things about this MOC.

Wow! Amazing creation, really! :thumbup: Love the building being "eated" by the black one, the fighting scene and, of course, the PM detail :wink:

woah thats awesome :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: it kinda reminds me of the alien symbiote in Spiderman 3. I like the other buildings and the car and the... well i like everything!!!

Woah, thats amazing, nice job with the detailing. I can't get over the Power Miner and Rock Monster in the drain. If I'm correct...... I think you've broken down your Green Grocer(I can't believe you) Anyway great MOC I wish I was as good as you.

that's.. just .. awesome !!! really , I love it ! I also love the powerminer having good time XD

just great job aliencat !

Wow! What imagination AlienCat. I saw this on Brother Brick last week, and am impressed with the entire scene. It takes a unique vision to create the "black manifestation" as you have done so as it takes over the modular town. The addition of the Fabuland characters even add one more level of creative complexity to the mix.

Great job with amazing detail! :thumbup:

Fantastic Aliencat. The flow of the MOC is fantastic, and the recreated part of the town in Black looks so cool. The slowly fallig road is a nice touch, as are the tentecles coming out of the window and the Black figure. THe town part is also very nice. The Alien cat is so screwed.

Just said this in anothr thread about another MOC, but this is seriously one of my favorite MOCs in a long time! So much detail and such a great idea! Awesome work!

Hey thanks for the responses, Guss, TheBrickster and Zepher! :)

Just said this in anothr thread about another MOC, but this is seriously one of my favorite MOCs in a long time! So much detail and such a great idea! Awesome work!

Hehe I recognise that, I have that too, that I keep saying wow that's the most amazing thing I've seen lately, but there's just so much cool stuff out there, I mean it every time.

That is wonderful!I have recently taken a great enthusiasm towards black fantasy and the like,and I find this one of the best MOCs I have seen yet!

The entire model has a sort of...organic feel to it!

This really is not fair. Your buildings are already jealousy-inducingly fabulous, but now you add a cool sci-fi edge, and it's unattainably cool.

By the way, apparently chicks dig your buildings too. I showed it too my wife, and she was very impressed! Anyone who hasn't checked the brickshelf page, really needs to do so. There's more great detail in this MOC than the few pics above can capture.

Edited by Eilif

Amazing. Not only are your buildings great but the wave of black creatures looks realistic too. Nice work, You added some funny details in there :thumbup: .

Once again: brilliant.

Where do you come up with those ideas anyway!?! Ah, don't tell me, cat's brain + alien body (or is it the other way round?)

In any case, I'm really excited to see what you'll come up with for the EBCT Contest...

Awesome stuff Aliencat, but from you I've come to expect no less! I love the surreal and creepy nature of the scene juxtaposed with the hilarious power miner and rock monster. I love Black Fantasy and plan to make a sizeable moc on it one day, so this is really an awesome filler for me. I love how it is "eating" the buildings, just brilliant stuff! :wub:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

You amaze us once again, Aliencat! This looks mind-blowingly good! So much detail, a very nice corruption, and a good story too! This scene has quite a lot of creepy atmosphere as Batbrick said, and it leaves you terrified! Very inspiring! Amazing job, and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Just one question: If the corruption has only spread over the first one and a half houses, how come that it's coming out of the windows of the fourth house (the sand green one)? Does it spread faster inside the houses? If so, why?

Just curious.

Awesome work Aliencat!

I love the quirky details in this MOC. The invasion/encroachment of the cityscape is well constructed. As someone who is looking to MOC more city buildings in future, you have inspired me greatly, well done.

:classic:

Hey thanks a lot for the compliments everyone :)

Just one question: If the corruption has only spread over the first one and a half houses, how come that it's coming out of the windows of the fourth house (the sand green one)? Does it spread faster inside the houses? If so, why?

Just curious.

That's three questions dude! But I'll answer them anyway.

1. Because it looks cool.

2. Possibly, or maybe it came from the back, or maybe it has more than one epicenter.

3. I have no idea.

Great choice of theme! The tentacles, the building absorbed in black, the chaos...I really love how you render the infestation :wub:

As usual, your buildings are really great and I can see great attention to details. You really have a gift Aliencat!

Simply awesome! :thumbup:

Corker! What a brilliant MOC! I love the clash of worlds. The lion head cornices (if that's the right word) are very cool and classic. I'm so glad the power miner and rock monster have sorted things out. :grin: