CloneCommanderDelta7

Which Clone Era is your favourite & why?

With the introduction of the Clone Wars clones, it seems there are a enough types of clones to begin a new discussion. It may be the same as other types (hopefully it won't be) but I'll give it a go-->

1. Which era of clone trooper is your favourite and why? Choose from ep 2 clone troopers, Clone Wars clone troopers, Ep 3 clone troopers or stormtroopers.

2. Then state which subgroup you like best, e.g. Clone Wars clone troopers --> Clone Pilots

Please submit your opinion, as it is greatly appreaciated!

Edit: I sort of meant Lego, seeing it was a Eurobricks

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

Well My favourite are probably the Clone Commandos. I really like there are armour and modifiable rifle. The game is great too.

Episode 2 Clones. Episode 3 clones just look like a badly done morph of Episode 2 -> Stormtroopers.

<rant>

Stormtroopers are not clones. I don't care what EU says they are, or even if George says they always were supposed to be. (Which I have heard he has.) It makes no sense at all. For years authorised sources have stated that the Stormtroopers were recruited. Yes there are certain old sources, such as Soldiers of the Empire!, that do say I'm wrong, but I ignore them. Why? Well other sources published around the same time, such as Splinter of the Mind's Eye, have so many oddities (such as a blue saber for Darth and the abandoned Kaiburr Crystal sub plot), it's quite clear that any similarities to how the story ended up are just an accident. This whole retconning thing gets on my goat...

</rant>

Episode 2 Clones. Episode 3 clones just look like a badly done morph of Episode 2 -> Stormtroopers.

<rant>

For years authorised sources have stated

</rant>

The EU and George Lucas aren't "authorised sources"? :tongue: One of the later books states that recruiting became a necessity, I forget which one, I think it may have had a Stormtrooper on the cover (narrows it down!).

<rant>

Stormtroopers are not clones. I don't care what EU says they are, or even if George says they always were supposed to be. (Which I have heard he has.) It makes no sense at all. For years authorised sources have stated that the Stormtroopers were recruited. Yes there are certain old sources, such as Soldiers of the Empire!, that do say I'm wrong, but I ignore them. Why? Well other sources published around the same time, such as Splinter of the Mind's Eye, have so many oddities (such as a blue saber for Darth and the abandoned Kaiburr Crystal sub plot), it's quite clear that any similarities to how the story ended up are just an accident. This whole retconning thing gets on my goat...

</rant>

I always thought that the Stormtroopers were primarily built up of recruited units but some clones were enlisted into the army. Oh yeah and it it's lego wise my favourite are probably Stromtroopers/ Sand troopers, Scout troopers including the clone wars variant and Clone Shock troopers.

Edited by Skipper 24

Cloning were used to a lesser extend in Stormies as Darth Sidious knew the weakness of a clone army, which is mass-rebelling against their master.

ep2 clones are my favourite, the details on their helmet are better than CW clones.

No fleshy neck visible too.

Edited by green dewback

The EU and George Lucas aren't "authorised sources"? :tongue:

I didn't say that. What I meant was up until the PT Stormtroopers were not clones, and all sources agreed, including EU. Only one (and rather vague, obscure and early) source said otherwise.

My favourite type of clones are the episode two clones or if they are allowed the clone wars clones.

The type is simply a normal soldier.I hate the episode 3 clones as I think they look too much like the stormtroopers and I tend to not think stormtroopers as clones seen as they were completely different.

I always thought that the Stormtroopers were primarily built up of recruited units but some clones were enlisted into the army. Oh yeah and it it's lego wise my favourite are probably Stromtroopers/ Sand troopers, Scout troopers including the clone wars variant and Clone Shock troopers.

I think there is some recon on this part, which I find acceptable. So I agree with you.

Cloning were used to a lesser extend in Stormies as Darth Sidious knew the weakness of a clone army, which is mass-rebelling against their master.

ep2 clones are my favourite, the details on their helmet are better than CW clones.

No fleshy neck visible too.

Why would the weakness of a clone army be mass-rebelling? They were genetically engineered to obey. And yes contact with for instance jedi made them more human, but still.

When I have to choose for one type of (lego) clones than it's the ones from ep.2/CW, but that's based on their lego representation. Because thats what were talking about, right?

The blue ARC troopers from the 2003 2d animated clone wars were the best, the closest thing to it is the Captain Rex minifig.

Why would the weakness of a clone army be mass-rebelling? They were genetically engineered to obey. And yes contact with for instance jedi made them more human, but still.

Since Palpatine was able to sneak in the order66 code into the republic army without the Jedi knowing, it makes it possible for Obi-Wan and Yoda to sneak into some secret control room and activate some random order69 - making the clone "stormtroopers" rebel against their officers or just suicide. Instant win for the Rebel Alliance.

Its the same reason why trade federation droids on naboo all stopped fighting when the control is killed. Don't put all the eggs in 1 basket.

Just speculation, reading from Wookiepedia is interesting. :classic:

The blue ARC troopers from the 2003 2d animated clone wars were the best, the closest thing to it is the Captain Rex minifig.

Since Palpatine was able to sneak in the order66 code into the republic army without the Jedi knowing, it makes it possible for Obi-Wan and Yoda to sneak into some secret control room and activate some random order69 - making the clone "stormtroopers" rebel against their officers or just suicide. Instant win for the Rebel Alliance.

Its the same reason why trade federation droids on naboo all stopped fighting when the control is killed. Don't put all the eggs in 1 basket.

Just speculation, reading from Wookiepedia is interesting. :classic:

What if you only have 1 basket to put them in though :tongue: ? I personally think droids are a bit more of a stupid idea. I mean there is no back up ship or anything.

I'd have to say the Biker Scouts and Kashyyyk Troopers(still can't get over that sweet helmet :wub: )

As for Era I think it would be CW clones since a fleshie head is better than a black head. (Also I like how the helmet is filled, and the availability of the CW clones greatly exceeds the Ep. II ones)

I have no particular favorite sub-group, but my most favorite group is Episode 3 clones. They are a nice mix between retro Storm Troopers and modern Clone Troopers.

Clone Commandos all the way! I agree it is a great game. I have beaten it on all the difficulty settings and am now reading the series. Those guys are the best of the best.

Probably the Episode III clones in the movies because of their various colours, and their armour. Whereas LEGO figures it would be Clone Wars clones. The design is great and I love the helmets. :thumbup:

The EpII clones look alright but the helmet looks a bit blocky. :sceptic: The Stormtroopers are good, no cons. The Commandos are good characters to have in the SW universe, but they don't appear enough so I don't like them.

Greetings,

JD

I thought that the Empire started to recruit non-clone troopers was because they had already bombarded Tipoca City and destroyed the Clone Rebels, along with the Kaminoan Cloning Facilities. They couldn't clone again because the Empire also destroyed the clone template.

Clone Commanders from Ep 3 are my favourite, but since they have no Lego form (except in Clone Wars form) my Lego favourite is Clone Wars Clone Troopers.

Not to mention Galactic Marines, Airbourne Paratroopers, Biker Scouts, Jet Troopers and Heavy Troopers (the ones off Battlefront 2) are all minifigures we'd love to see, as with the rest of the Clone Commanders!

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

<rant>

</rant>

Agreed on both counts, mostly because stormtroopers are too pathetic to be clones, and because they wouldn't have survived long enough to make it to the New Hope era. I read somewhere that they can't make good clones from clones- a bit like inbreeding if I remember right.

I have to say Episode II clones, because this is when they were at their best. Oh, the specialized guys were great at in Episode III, but they they had to go and start missing badly so Obi-Wan and Yoda could defeat them.... :look:

Oh, and the phase I clones had proper ARC troopers, of course. There were the commanders, but they just aren't as amazing as the Alpha and Null class ARC troopers.

definately clone commandos. ive read the series twice and played the game, they are so cool. to bad TLC can't make 'em.

definately clone commandos. ive read the series twice and played the game, they are so cool. to bad TLC can't make 'em.

It wouldn't be hard to make them, especially since they have come out with Clone Wars sets. But I doubt they would do that. The game isn't popular enough. Plus its a T rated game and Lego has to keep it E for everyone. Even the little youngsters. Why do you think they don't like to include guns if they have to. They have an anti-violence policy. Then again, they did make a Force Unleashed set, and that was rated T. But that was a huge game release that many people were anticipating, so they thought they might make a profit off of it. -Of course, now I might change my mind just because of those female stormtroopers! :tongue:

What's with all this hype on Clone Commandos? I myself only like the Null-Class Commandos. Other than that I don't like them at all. One question before you all get angry at me, why do all of you like them so much?