Sign in to follow this  
sigmeister

MOC: US Secret Service Vehicle

indexed.gif V-LP-3A

My creation is a US Secret Service communications vehicle. This vehicle accompanies the presidential motorcade and provides comms for the agents that protect the President. This vehicle is my own creation and is not a replica of any real vehicle. It should be noted that the placement of the lights and antennas were inspired by actual USSS vehicles. I tried my best to create this MOC with the limited Lego pieces that I have. I hope you enjoy it.

Legomoc001.jpg

Please excuse me for not having doors. I do have 2 tiny door pieces, but I left them out b/c they looked really weird on this big vehicle.

Legomoc002.jpg

Rear view: Looks like an ordinary white van doesn't it? Note: Some people might criticize the tall antennas but the real USSS vehicle has many antennas and such on the roof.

Below is the picture that inspired me to make this MOC. Note the antennas and bulges.

3153338795_591326ce22_b.jpg

Legomoc004.jpg

Close-up shot of the discreet emergency lights. Notice the lights right above the minifig's head. (These LED lights shine outward; they do not blind the occupants of the vehicle.) One might complain about the lack of lights and logos, but actual USSS vehicles are left unmarked so that they may "blend in". Sorry about the quality of the picture.

Below: Real USSS Suburban with its lights on.

rnpca2562-vi.jpg

Legomoc003.jpg

Same shot zoomed out.

Legomoc005.jpg

Interior: I built the interior using my imagination. There are 5 special agents: driver, observer, technician, and two agents standing by incase they have to take action. Sorry about the quality of the picture.

I appreciate reviews and comments. Thank you for taking time to look at my creation.

Nice moc. Good detail. I like the lights. Very realistic. On a side note...

rnpca2562-vi.jpg

...I build emergency vehicles just like this one for a living. Everything from police, secert service, fire, swatt, Command vehicles... Pretty much anything goverment related that needs lighting, computer/comunication equipment.

Legomoc004.jpg

Close-up shot of the discreet emergency lights. Notice the lights right above the minifig's head. (These LED lights shine outward; they do not blind the occupants of the vehicle.) One might complain about the lack of lights and logos, but actual USSS vehicles are left unmarked so that they may "blend in". Sorry about the quality of the picture.

You are correct. Vehicles that have lights above the driver and passenger, and no light bar on the roof are reffered to "slick tops" in the police out fitting industry. You are correct that the purpose to ussualy to remain low profile as it is generaly harder to spot than a police vehicle with a full light bar on the roof.

A very nice work in a neat and distinct shape and all these lights look really good too.

Nice moc. Good detail. I like the lights. Very realistic. On a side note...

Thanks

...I build emergency vehicles just like this one for a living. Everything from police, secert service, fire, swatt, Command vehicles... Pretty much anything goverment related that needs lighting, computer/comunication equipment. You are correct. Vehicles that have lights above the driver and passenger, and no light bar on the roof are reffered to "slick tops" in the police out fitting industry. You are correct that the purpose to ussualy to remain low profile as it is generaly harder to spot than a police vehicle with a full light bar on the roof.

Yes, I know what slicktops are. Sounds like you have a really cool and interesting job. (I've always been interested in emergency vehicles.) Are you located in Europe? (I'm guessing because it says on your profile that it is 2 AM at your location.) If so, what country?

I'm in western United States. I really like my job. Its somthing different every day. I could be working on a Ford Crown Vic or a Dodge Charger one day, or a Chevy Tahoe or Swatt truck another.

Nice moc^^ I think it should have been released by lego in the 90's ! ( looks like a 90's set to me^^)

NIce job incorporating real-world details into a MOC of your own design. The interior is quite nice, and the offset window on the rear looks great, and gives the impression of a door.

My only comment for improvement would be that the sides and roof are a bit plain and need some detailing. Obvoiusly you don't want too add too much detail, but a subtle trim line across the sides (light grey perhaps?) or a couple vents, or even a gas cap would add some detail to the sides. On the top, it could be as simple as a pair of 1 wide plates running the lenght of the roof to give the impression of a roof rack.