Anyway then I came back on and it was logged off on eurobricks. I am very sorry to waste your time Siegfried. I think it may have just got stuck.

I think this topic can now be closed down or locked.

It's OK, and I'll close this as requested. :sweet:

I have noticed that when I visit the EB frontpage it appears that I am not logged in to the forums, but when I take the forum link I am already logged in.

Can anyone tell me why this is so?

In reply to your question I have questions!

1. What browser are you using?

2. What are the two URLs? Take note especially that the "www." is consistant. If I (using Opera) go to "http://eurobricks.com/forum/" I'm not logged on, but if I click any link I instantly am. This is because the login cookie is being stored for the exact site so I am only logged on with the "www." shown . But since we've set the board to display all links with the "www." the problem is instantly solved by clicking any link.

3. If the above doesn't resolve your issue, how long has this been going on? What happens if you go to the frontpage via this link?

2. What are the two URLs? Take note especially that the "www." is consistant. If I (using Opera) go to "http://eurobricks.com/forum/" I'm not logged on, but if I click any link I instantly am. This is because the login cookie is being stored for the exact site so I am only logged on with the "www." shown . But since we've set the board to display all links with the "www." the problem is instantly solved by clicking any link.

Ah ha. If I visit http://eurobricks.com I am not logged in. It must be as you say, the login cookie is registered to www.

Thanks for your help.

I have a problem when I log in, I go to the forums and type my username and password in the box at the right, but it sends me back to the frontpage. When I use the log in button at the top it sends me to the forums, where I want to get to. Is this normal? It's not a big thing, but it gets annoying.

This is normal, but I do agree that it is a bit annoying. One solution would be to stay logged in.

This is normal, but I do agree that it is a bit annoying. One solution would be to stay logged in.

Another solution is to use the link to the Log-in page on the top on each forum page. That makes you pass through another way and you soon return to the forum you were already browsing. It's very useful when you did not just open EB, but are already into a topic and want to add a comment.

LuxorV

If I go to a different website or close out of it, it logs me out automatically. :sad:

If I go to a different website or close out of it, it logs me out automatically. :sad:

It shouldn't. What browser are you using? Do you know how to reset your cookies? That can often be the problem. I never log out.

It shouldn't. What browser are you using? Do you know how to reset your cookies? That can often be the problem. I never log out.

This happens on my laptop too. It doesn't really matter what browser you're using, it's just the computer's settings.

So I was browsing Eurobricks today and I noticed I had something VERY unusual happen. Take a look to the left and see who I am. Now take a look at this image of my screen a few minutes ago. Now call me crazy, but I am pretty sure that is not me. I am on my own personal desktop system so there is no way anyone else could have logged in. I have Eurobricks set to automatically log me in and FireFox (version 4.0b12) to save my password. When I viewed the forum this morning I was signed in as myself. However, just a few minutes ago I realized I wasn't me. I find this to be a very unusual glitch so I figured this should be brought to the attention of the staff to look further into this. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Thank you for your time.

Noted. We've heard of this happening before, but it's hard to investigate unless it happens to us! If it happens again, please PM the staff and/or create a topic while it's happening.

Hi,

I've registered in this forum some years ago, had some login issues after a while and didn't logged in for about 2-3 years?!

Now I would like to log in again but that didn't work.

I've tried a lot to reactivate my account in this forum. I've tried

- password recovery with username : no email

- password recovery with my registered email : no email

- password recovery with a lot of email addresses I might have changed to : no email

- guessing some passwords which could be the lost one : no luck

- sending messages to admin : no email

So now I've registered new but would like to use my old nickname 'gerkenz' again.

I would be glad to get in contact with someone having admin rights and could help me.

Thanks a lot.

Kai

Thanks! I'm back :classic:

Good to have you back!

Tomorrow I'll delete this topic and the Fry account.

Topic closed.

Even though I have selected the option to "remember me", every time I close the browser window and try to view the forums again, I have to re-sign in. Is this normal?

I have the same problem on my windows computer. Yet the weird thing is on my Mac, I close the internet and shut the computer off and when I turn it back on and return to Eurobricks I'm logged in. Never had a problem with logging in on my Mac, only my windows computer. Not sure why this is though.

Your login data is stored in a cookie, so you may want to check your settings to make sure that you don't clear your cookies when you close your browser.

This is always cookie related. Clean all EB related cookies (or all of them), then restart your browser and try again.

Hi, I've an account previously. When I try to login, this message will definitely pop up.

You are not allowed to visit this community.

And I can't access anything including my own profile. Any ways to solve this? Thanks.