ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

I just got back from my closest Lego Store (Kansas City, about 2 hours away) and managed to grab/stuff/pack the following into two PAB Large Cups ($14.99 +tax each).

93 @ 1 x 2 Bricks, Modified Log

57 @ 1 x 2 Tile, Mod Grille

80 @ 1 x 2 Trans Clear Bricks

77 @ Trans Clear 1 x 2 x 2 Panels

121 @ 2 x 2 Yellow Tiles

137 @ 2 x 2 Red Tiles

35 @ 1 x 8 Red Tiles

12 @ 4 x 4 Yellow Plates,

4 @ 4 x 6 Yellow Plates

52 @ 1 x 4 Lt Gray Bricks

12 @ 1 x 10 White Brick

24 @ 1 x 16 White Bricks

....and to fill up all the gaps around my carefully packed structures 630 Trans Clear 1 x 1 Round

So, #488 Bricks in one cup and #846 in the other for a total of 1334 pieces costing $30. Win!

Chris

p.s. Despite it being a busy Saturday the Store's associates were really helpful about suggesting different packing strategies :)

I would have bought many many windows had there been any when I was in my local (3+ hours away) store. I can't wait to see what you can build with them!

I can't wait either but I'm having builder's cramp at the moment. You guys are putting pressure on me. :laugh:

========

Mother always say eat your greens. I wonder if this counts?

Picture19352.jpg

So, #488 Bricks in one cup and #846 in the other for a total of 1334 pieces costing $30. Win!

Mother always say eat your greens. I wonder if this counts?

Saw some windows and couldn't resist.

So, I've finally made it through the PAB cups. In total, 3 big and 1 small cup were full.

I am so jealous right now. When, oh when, is LEGO going to open a store in Australia?

It took me 1.5 hours, but I got it done! With some help from the excellent staff at the Vancouver store. :) I can finally finish my Canadian Flag flower mosaic.

8178029224_972e9fee0f_z.jpg

Edited by Legobrandon

Saw some windows and couldn't resist.

I was just at Fairview today...were you able to fit all those windows PLUS the horses and other parts in 2 cups total??

I was just at Fairview today...were you able to fit all those windows PLUS the horses and other parts in 2 cups total??

All the horses fit in one cup. The windows fit into another cup. I had windows in two 4x5 stacks and the rest in 1x5 and smaller stacks. Some times I wish the cups were squarish. :classic:

Kristel, you could take a Lego shopping vacation to Canada. We're part of the Commonwealth.

Kristel, you could take a Lego shopping vacation to Canada. We're part of the Commonwealth.

Would love to! I spend three weeks in Canada in 2008, covering Vancouver, the Rockies, Toronto and Montreal. The best holiday I ever had. Canada was just beautiful. This was part of a bigger USA and Canada trip that also included a week in New York and a couple of nights in Seattle. This was before I came out of my dark age, so I probably walked past a number of LEGO stores and didn't even realise. More interested in buying clothes and shoes at that time!

Canada may be part of the Commonwealth, but there are a couple of major obstacles - a big ditch of water and a lack of funds!

All the horses fit in one cup. The windows fit into another cup

Thanks for the info. I'll have to make a trip soon...there weren't many of the trans-purple cones yesterday!!

Oh leaves, horses and windows, I wish they would have more to choose from in Copenhagen, but I got a bunch of those small round bricks in blue, light blue, red and clear.

I got my second large cup in Cologne yesterday. They had a great selection of parts and gave me the promotional cardboard box that can be filled for free after Christmas AND a nice little winter-themed city set (3300014) that I didn't know about.

svpjuaud.jpg

The contents of one large cup and one christmas cardboard box. The selection wasn't as good as the last two times I visited the store, but I got some great pieces nontheless, for example 99 of those SNOT brackets in white and a lot of those black 1x2 bricks with vertical clips.

u7h8xzx5.jpg

Got one of those promotional boxes, here's a quick list of what I got in there.

300+ 1x2 Trans-clear bricks

100+ 1x1 Trans-green round bricks

30+ 2x4 Dark bley bricks

30+ 1x1 Trans-clear plates

14 total black wedge plates both left and right

A few assorted plates that fit in the box, nothing special of note.

Finally I could discover the fun of filling these PAB Cups!

With the store recently opened in Lille (France), it is a little than one hour away by car from Brussels, not too much. It was worth going there to buy the two Horizon Express at 100 € a piece rather than 110 € on the Belgian version of the online Shop.

ktVaN.jpg

What's beside the cup was in it, but it opened in the bag in the trunk of the car :D

My sister and her husband helped to put together parts to reduce the used space: it is funny to do. It is worth filling a cup just for the fun of trying to put a maximum in it. Other people which were there were just puting parts in the cups without method, except another one who was also stacking them.

In bottom right of the cup there is an empty space that I could not fill afterwards with small parts... I didn't empty and restart just for that. Next time I'll do better.

As I have read on a French forum, the parts selection in that shop is not so good. I hope it will improve in the next months.

For example there were motorbike wheels, that seems quite useless since not useable alone.

Also car wheel holders, but without the related wheels...

NKz81.jpg

I took 2x4 bricks in medium blue, dark bluish grey et dark red (I should have taken more dark red and less of the two others)

blue & light bluish gray 2x4 slopes, 1x2 orange & tan, red hinges, brown seats, white brackets, 1x1 trans-green plates, turquoise-like rounds, trans-orange slopes.

And a few more things.

Just returned from a brief New Year holiday to Wales which we do most years, Went to the Cardiff LEGO store for my annual PAB cup refill. Got 4 large cups with just over 2700 bricks/parts in total.

A lot of lime green and red tiles, (I was hoping for black or LBG/DBG but there you are.) and a good selection of natural coloured bricks and plant parts that will good for landscaping buildings and train scenes.

The wife has got me two more for my birthday that I filled so I can expect another 1000 or so bits come next week!!

It took about half an hours to fill each cup whilst she was looking around the clothes and other shops that women frequent.

Also got two of the new Horizon Express trains whilst there. An expensive day or two but worth it in the long run!!

Filled my Christmas Box last week. Not much selection, but these boxed are well suited for plain bricks anyways.

8365563893_a15991594f.jpg8365565113_6edafc3a33.jpg8366636514_c847066501.jpg

8366637894_832cb087c8.jpg8365569073_15c7267d91.jpg

Type Description Colour Quantity

Brick 1x2 Medium Blue 9

Brick 1x2x5 White 8

Brick 2x2 Black 1

Brick 2x4 Blue 14

Brick 2x4 Brown 5

Brick 2x4 Orange 2

Brick 2x4 Red 18

Brick 2x4 Tan 19

Brick 2x6 Dark Bluish Grey 8

Brick 2x6 Red 1

Brick 2x6 Tan 9

Brick 2x8 Black 2

Brick 2x8 Blue 2

Brick 2x8 Red 4

"Brick, Modified" 1x2 log Brown 17

"Brick, Modified" 1x2 with Handle White 3

"Brick, Modified" 1x2 with Vertical Clip White 3

"Brick, Modified" 2x4 log Brown 21

Hinge Plate 1x2 Locking with 1 Finger On End Light Bluish Grey 12

Hinge Plate 1x2 Locking with 2 Fingers On End Light Bluish Grey 12

Plate 1x1 Trans Green 12

Plate 1x1 Trans Red 16

Plate 1x2 Brown 14

Plate 1x3 Brown 10

Plate 1x4 Blue 12

Plate 1x4 Yellow 10

Plate 2x10 Tan 2

Plate 2x2 Orange 15

Plate 2x2 Corner Tan 14

Plate 2x6 Tan 12

Slope Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3 Trans Clear 11

Slope Slope 33 3 x 1 Black 18

Slope Slope 45 2 x 1 Tan 18

Tile 1x2 Lime Green 1

Tile 1x4 Green 5

Tile 1x8 Black 2

Tile 2x2 Red 2

"Tile, Modified" 1x1 with Clip Grey 6

"Tile, Modified" 1x2 Grille with Bottom Groove / Lip White 11

Total 361

but these boxed are well suited for plain bricks anyways.

Indeed, they seemed much easier to fill than the usual cups. Well done :)

Filled my Christmas Box last week. Not much selection, but these boxed are well suited for plain bricks anyways.

Total 361

That's impressive! :thumbup:

I filled a pick a brick cup with Technic parts at the Downtown Disney Lego store.

dscf6944.jpg

440 Technic parts for only $15 dollars :thumbup: , but this is probably a once in a million thing. (See my thread on this for more details as to why.)

I filled a pick a brick cup with Technic parts at the Downtown Disney Lego store.

440 Technic parts for only $15 dollars :thumbup: , but this is probably a once in a million thing. (See my thread on this for more details as to why.)

Wow, that is really a great deal. I thought I hit the jackpot when I found 7 of the black & gray Technic turntables this weekend at my Lego store.

Filled my Christmas Box last week. ...

Like others have said, that really is impressive. I'm curious, how much time did it take to put pack that? In my store, the PAB area was so crowded I could hardly get to the wall and forget about taking any time to pack the cups or boxes.

Edited by whataboutlego