Sign in to follow this  
Lasse D

Pirate Ship

thindexedgif.gif 81a

Not counting ships made at events, this is my first real pirate ship. It has a lot of details from official LEGO ships through time, while trying to have some original ideas as well.

Let's start out with a video (click the picture to see the video):

Here are some pictures of the details. Click to enlarge.

stern.jpg_thumb.jpgcannons.jpg_thumb.jpgcaptain.jpg_thumb.jpggbc.jpg_thumb.jpg

sternrail.jpg_thumb.jpgchest.jpg_thumb.jpgactcannons.jpg_thumb.jpggbc1.jpg_thumb.jpg

figurehead.jpg_thumb.jpgentrance.jpg_thumb.jpgrudder.jpg_thumb.jpggbc2.jpg_thumb.jpg

parrot.jpg_thumb.jpgside.jpg_thumb.jpgship3.jpg_thumb.jpggbc3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Monsters! They be takin our balls!

monster.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

LOL ! that's a funny module, very well thought and made ^^ you did a very great job , I never saw such an original module for this kind of thing^^

Very funny! When I saw the pictures I didn't know what the blue machine under the ship was, but after I saw the vid I know!

I've never seen something before here on EB. Great job.

The ship is nice as well, especially the bow is nice. The upside down windows in the stern are funny done too.

Great job and thanks for sharing!

Nice ship, I like the bow and the Cabin is awesome.

Good work, especcialy for a first ship.

Thanks for the feedback.

The cabin is a result of those windows being my only ones with the classic glass and a lack of black arches.

Do the gray and white bars look natural, or should I explain that they are supposed to be folded sails? It is not easy to find stuff which is good to transport balls and be natural on a pirate ship at the same time.

I gotta say, I was a little unimpressed and not really sure what I was looking at, but after I saw the video... HOLY COW!

Super great MOC. Excellent work!

This is so brilliant! :pir-laugh: I'm in awe of how you've combined two skills: mechanical perfection and artistic creativity. Great work!

Wow, fantastic GBC module! :thumbup:

I can see this system being used in diorama's as well, it looks like the ship is actually sailing. :pir-sweet:

Do the gray and white bars look natural, or should I explain that they are supposed to be folded sails? It is not easy to find stuff which is good to transport balls and be natural on a pirate ship at the same time.

They look ok, but in brown they might look better. (Spare wood i.e.)

I gotta say, I was a little unimpressed and not really sure what I was looking at, ...

I guess that is what happens to most who see the pictures. In fact. I posted the ship in another forum and a whole week went by without a single person even commenting on it! :pir-sceptic:

> Green Hair

Thanks. That's a good idea. I hope to get some brown pieces soon so that I can try it out.