Sign in to follow this  
Marko

MOC: Marko Bay in Med

UPDATE December 2009

I thought that I will give an update about my town. Town had to move to another room (as my son was growing and needed all of his own room to him) and was a bit downsized :sceptic: Now still most of the buildings are not finished properly but the population is growing and growing. Some of the mini figures even moved out to nearby islands. Nazi Army protections services were replaced by Agents Mobile Command Truck and some of the Star Wars fleet. Otherwise it has been a year of the sports - NBA Challenge, Football Championship Challenge II, NHL Street Hockey, Gravity Games Skateboard Vert Park Challenge were added to the town and nearby winter resort got Gravity Games Snowboard Boarder Cross Race.

Birdsview

DSC_7671.jpg

Shell hotel neighborhood

DSC_7668.jpg

Now we have skating grounds, land hockey and out of picture are football and basketball courts to keep the young crowd away from Dr. Inferno and Dollar Bill temptations.

Old fort

DSC_7662.jpg

Old fort was restored and now houses Police station and fish market run by former pirate captain.

Street

DSC_7663.jpg

Town decided to take town the genetically modified palm trees and the job was given to most trusted and well paid of the town workers.

OLD POST:

Due to world financial crisis I am not able to present to you my finished version of the town this year. So I decided to go for WIP now. What you see is created from scratch starting Christmas 2008 (when my son got harbor, coast guard and Ferrari sets) as we had only Duplo (almost all ville sets from 2005 on) until now. For the project I ordered only from BL new parts or purchased sets locally.

General Info

Marko Bay is located on an Mediterranean island. Its citizens are friendly folks who live from tourism and trade. South side of the bay has old town quarter with church, hotel and some residential buildings to the south-east. Not yet started are left from the hotel town hall with shops and to the right supermarket with apartments on top floors. South-west we have Ferrari Garage, Shell station and Airport. To the west we have two private houses - one belongs to Felippe Massa/Kimi Räikkönen and other to Juan Montoya. There is one more lot left there that will be most probably inhabited by Bruce Wayne. On north there are Coast Guard station, port and the Barn (first building of the whole settlement). Many developments were planned for future but due to the recession plans will be reviewed.

Birdsview

DSC_5447.jpg

View to south

DSC_5449.jpg

View to west

Buildings

DSC_5456.jpg

Airport is main entry to the town and has seen most different planes - Shell Duplo jet, CV-22 Osprey

DSC_5450.jpg

Residences of the better half ...

DSC_5461.jpg

DSC_5468.jpg

Ferrari Garage and Shell station serve many of the town motorists

DSC_5459.jpg

Octan Hotel was the first building on south bank

DSC_5460.jpg

Church in progress

DSC_5451.jpg

Mostly community workers residences

DSC_5463.jpg

Some shops in progress for hair, hats and wine

DSC_5465.jpg

Shell Hotel is to accommodate increasing tourist

DSC_5470.jpg

Port and Coast Guard station

DSC_5458.jpg

The Barn is owned by John Frederick "The Footballer"

Edited by Marko
Remove deeplinks due to huge image size

I have uploaded the pictures as well. Sorry for the sizeable pictures but I tried my best by making them small bite size, though everything is relative. Enjoy and give me some feedback.

Hello Marko,

Your images are too big, thus I had removed the image tags by leave it as links until you resized these images to allow the readers to have a better viewing experience with faster download with the smaller image size, of using either 640 x 480 or 800 x 600.

This tutorial is very user friendly which can aid in your resize.

WhiteFang

Hello Marko,

Your images are too big, thus I had removed the image tags by leave it as links until you resized these images to allow the readers to have a better viewing experience with faster download with the smaller image size, of using either 640 x 480 or 800 x 600.

This tutorial is very user friendly which can aid in your resize.

WhiteFang

Thanks. I resized them and made back to images.

nice layout you have there.

i see many buildings is under construction.

i like the shell hotel, the color is cute. :thumbup:

keep building.

A very fine work, it really looks like a sunny and comfortable little town. :thumbup:

You managed to use many bright colors in a well matching way, like in

your neat Shell Hotel, which adds a lot to the friendly and charming

appearance of your nice layout. :classic:

Looks like you're off to a good start. It seems like you have alot of buildings in progress at once. We'll be looking forward to future additions, keep it up!

its funny how a residence has a BMW F1 car in his driveway :tongue: . it looks pretty empty right now, but itll grow no doubt. :thumbup: I like the "beach" too :classic:

Wow. Great work, Marko. I'd love to have so many road plates and start something like that. The airport is really good - especially that big helicopter airplane thingie in it.

It could do with a bit more populating, I think. Some of it looks a bit sparse at the moment. Some houses, maybe a fire station or police station would all be good additions. I hope we'll see lots more of it soon. Have you any interiors planned for that hotel?

Also, I'm quite taken aback by the people who keep a formula-one car in their driveway!

Marko, thanks for resizing these images. :thumbup:

I love the set up of your town which depict the growing scene and undergo development stage, in those zones. It's always nice to see a combination of classic looking town combining with the recent sets. Your town looks peaceful but there are so many large looking vehicles including a fighter jet? Geez, is that a military airport? :tongue:

Thanks for sharing it with us, and do update as your town grows. :classic:

Thanks for the comments.

Today there are 14 residences, one 6 bed barracks plus 11 hotel rooms for the town people. For overnight stay also there are sleeping quarters on the Coast Guard and Cargo ship, plus Shell jet and Osprey both sleep each 2 more minifigures. All in total there are 50 bed places available in Marko Bay town.

My future buildings are planned in bright pink, tan, sand red and dark pink - it should add even more some color.

DSC_5325-2.jpg

Yes my town people are allowed to drive formula cars on the streets. Though for street use they must fit into max 7 stud width, so some modifications are made at Ferrari Garage. More about the BMW Williams F1 with Montoya and comparison to Räikkönen Ferrari you can see at REVIEW: 8374 Williams F1 Team Racer

DSC_5467.jpg

Osprey and pub The Barn are owned by John Frederick "The Footballer" who has another island in the Med to be covered in future. Today the plane is used as transport for mechanics, henchmen, light jeep and sleeping.

Very nice start.

Because some of your buildings are still in progress....

Your city kinda looks Hurricane ravsihed!

I think your Ocean Hotel is awesome, but try to get another green blind to fix it up fully. The Pub is wonderful. I like how you've used the lime green bricks, it wouldn't normally be a colour I would associate with a Pub, but it looks great. The chrch looks like it will be amazing, may I recomend getting some 'Basic Brick Sets' for the church.About your Osprey it does have a tail, I'm sure you could fix that up. I would like to see some more of your own creations. Just to some it up, try to fix the problems I've already stated and try to get some blue baseplates of Bricklink or something.(I know there hard to get, but it will be worth it) :laugh:

UPDATE December 2009

I thought that I will give an update about my town. Town had to move to another room (as my son was growing and needed all of his own room to him) and was a bit downsized :sceptic: Now still most of the buildings are not finished properly but the population is growing and growing. Some of the mini figures even moved out to nearby islands. Nazi Army protections services were replaced by Agents Mobile Command Truck and some of the Star Wars fleet. Otherwise it has been a year of the sports - NBA Challenge, Football Championship Challenge II, NHL Street Hockey, Gravity Games Skateboard Vert Park Challenge were added to the town and nearby winter resort got Gravity Games Snowboard Boarder Cross Race.

Birdsview

DSC_7671.jpg

Couple of more pictures in original post.