Hinckley

Vote for a TRU exclusive City set!

i just looked option 2 and where bike rack is with the bikes it looks like we may get a new mold for the bike rack.

I choose 3 because it would be pretty to to have a truck stop because TLC never released one of them and I think it would be a neat set.

I voted City Square, I think it could really be a GREAT set :thumbup: (and because I have a lot of trucks already and I'm not really a Train lover... :grin::tongue:)

BTW, those green/yellow taxis are pretty and they appear in the first and second set proposal... As some elements are from real sets (like the bus, the red car and the green truck), do you think we could expect some official taxis for 2010? As the bus from 7641 this would be a looooong waited set :cry_happy:

It all seems like a trick question, as everyone said berore there is the town square set and a repare shop on its way! I voted number 2 because, well come on when was the last time we saw a monerail? it would be perfact for so many things :classic:

I voted for The truck stop. I have always liked truck stops and would most likely buy one if one were to come out.

Those sketches are really interesting...

Vig n°1 : Just put town plan and the '09 pizzeria, and you will have it.

We can notice that there is a green and yellow taxi (what a strange color scheme for a taxi...)

Vig n°2 : we can clearlly see that the monorail is the 6399 version. So, I don't think that we will have this set.

We can see the yellow bus form the upcoming larger city set, so no buses in the exclusif set.

And we have the tram and two green and yellow taxis. A tram will be a very expensive set. So maybe we will have the taxi.

Vig n°3 : we can see some trucks, and particularely the white Octan truck. I just hope that we will se it on shelves.

So, in conclusion, if you choose n°1, we will have the taxi.

n°2, the taxi as well.

n°3, the oil transportation truck.

Thanks TLC for that choice! :tongue:

I voted for n°2, for a mertoliner, even if It wouldn't be in a future set...

There's a truck garage set coming this year, so although I like trucks, a truck stop it seems redundant. I voted for number one. I don't have Town Plan, but I'd like a set with a more modern take on those buildings. It's not as playable as the others, but it offers something different. I have several trains, so a monorail doesn't really excite me. I still think a museum set would be cool. If nothing else, it'd be a great parts set for the history lovers, and kids could bring the exhibits to life a la "Night at the Museum".

I am curious if the people that are saying that we are already getting a truck repair shop so #3 is out even know what a truck stop is...:hmpf_bad:

Truck stops are restaurants, motels, and gas stations. One does not repair a truck there, at least not generally.

That is like saying we already have a sink, what do we need a bathtub for...

Edited by Casval

I like option one.

Also, though I'm hesitant to mention it, it appears you can vote more than once... It seems they never learn...

Steve

That is like saying we already have a sink, what do we need a bathtub for...

We don't, we already have a shower :tongue:

We don't, we already have a shower :tongue:

Well played... :tongue: Okay, how about we already have a sink, what do we need a toilet for?

I really wish Lego would produce a very nice, quality City hospital. That would make my day. Have it have patient beds, MRI machine/X-ray, an ambulance bay, waiting room, elevators, and everything else that real hospitals have (unlike the joke of a hospital they released a while ago).

Well played... :tongue: Okay, how about we already have a sink, what do we need a toilet for?

We wear underwear/boxers for a reason you know..... :tongue:

Check out this page at Toys R Us to vote on a new city set for 2010.

Thanks for the heads up Hinckley. :sweet:

They have to know that we'll riot if they produce that set without a monorail, right? They really should've known that one would (probably) win if they showed a picture of a monorail. Is it common knowledge that many AFOLs want that back in production?

And as previously mentioned, we'll be getting a truck repair shop already and have Town Plan which seems remarkably similar to Town Square. But, I think they will produce all of these sets no matter what we vote...they just won't all be TRU exclusives. Maybe a S@H exclusive and a Target exclusive? Although, wasn't one of the SW options last year another Slave I? They haven't made that. What was the third option?

Riot? Thats an understatement. :devil::tongue:

Also Im sure that if number 2 is picked they will have to include atleast 1 taxi [Hopefully 2 like the pic shows and a taxi pickup bay thing], A bus, a monorail, And a little snackbar and seats & a roadplate [obviously]. But after I voted I looked closely at number 1 and it has a toy shop [although I doubt they'd include that.] :sceptic: But it'd be cool if they did. Still im sticking with my number 2 vote. And number 3 would've been good but I dont really need/want more trucks, They can just release the trucks seperatly. But as Hinckley said It'd be even better if they released them all! :thumbup::cry_happy:

Did I mention I love that little taxi :cry_happy:

Option 2 was an easy choice for me. The monorail and its station are so obviously from the Airport Shuttle set. :thumbup:

I don't know if anything will actually come of this though.

It was a hard decision, but choice 2 for me. Thanks for this, TLC! I wonder why they don't at least activate cookies in this poll or something. Now some nerds will waste their free sunday to click on the Airport Shuttle a thousand times...

I know I know, it is off topic, but didn't the Slave I win in the SW poll? Am I completely wrong??

I know I know, it is off topic, but didn't the Slave I win in the SW poll? Am I completely wrong??

Home one was first, Palp's arrest was second, and Slave 1 last.

Someone mentioned that because some things in the sketches were in previous sets we might not get them. I disagree, they would not be the same as the older versions, but we would still get them.

Edited by Silent Help

I can't decide which is the best to me, so I just voted for all three of them twice. :grin:

I would like a toy store (it's in the background) in the City Square set, it would be nice to get a monorail train, and it would also be great if there was a motel (it's in the background; I really wish there was a hotel set with lots of accessories, floors, furniture, and detail) in the Truck Stop set.