• Keep every minifig as it is and mix them up
    • MOD them all to yellow SW style
    • MOD them all to flesh SW style
    • MOD them into pupil yellow faces
    • MOD them into pupil flesh faces
    • Mixing up mods and originals
    • I collect Indy and give a brick about this

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Since SW suffered from the change from yellow to flesh minifigs, but still uses the same 10 year old face design (no pupils, less detail), we now have different and unluckily unique minifigs with

- no pupils, yellow (SW)

- no pupils, flesh (SW)

plus from all the other themes

- pupils, yellow (from all non-licences)

- pupils, flesh (from Indy or Speed Racer)

So what do you do about it? Do you mix them? Even with the CW figs? I am quite interested in this cause for it is a major decision and a kind of mess what to do. Imho they look strange all together and a choice has to be made. Also I found it rather sad we still get the old Han and Leia faces later this year, as well as getting the classic smiles on the Hoth Troopers. :hmpf_bad: But since no-pupils-flesh-faces (not classic smile) are really rare, it is difficult to make them into something more cool, as well as making them into unique minifigs. On the other side I am also a big fan of the newer pupil faces, used in Indy or even in yellow in the usual themes.

So here we go again! Please take part in a poll! What do you do:

- keep every minifig as it is and mix them up

- mod them all to yellow SW style

- mod them all to flesh SW style

- mod them into pupil yellow faces

- mod them into pupil flesh faces

- mixing up mods and originals

- collecting Indy and giving a brick about this

I hope I didn't get any of you who were not thinking about this yet into to big troubles.. :classic: And if someone is out there who says "What, Han Solo with another face, that is blasphemy!" Try it out, it doesn't look that bad!

Thanks a lot for reading and making the poll, Zzz out!

I actually keep each individual set in a plastic bag, minifigs and all, so no mixing gfor me.

I just mix them. I don't really mind the differences, I just accept it as different skin colour or tone.

Creepy faces from CW are a pollution to my mf collection and I avoid them.

The new clone troopers are slightly better as they have a helmet to cover that hideous face.

Edited by green dewback

I loved the switch from yellow to flesh! Now there's a range of colors for my characters, Light, Tan, and Dark! I mix CW and flesh w/puils and no pupils, but I never mix yellow and flesh minifigs! Then it's like mixing real people, with giant yellow people. With all liscenced themes, I keep my flesh and yellow sorted.

As for nonliscenced themes, I always use yellow, because there's a lot larger range of faces with yellow, so for as many MOCs as I can, I use yellow. Like my latest MOC! :tongue:

I have seperated the OT minifigs and the PT minifigs in two different base plates!

I just mix them. I don't really mind the differences, I just accept it as different skin colour or tone.

same here!

In MOCs I usually don't mix yellow and flesh, but I mix pupils and no pupils freely. Like Big Cam, I keep a lot of my sets separately bagged, but my minifig parts drawer is sorted by piece, so all the heads mix together.

i dont have fleshies but i doo keep all my figs mixed up with all my lego

once I get a house this summer, I plan to have a room for my collections, adn at that time I plan on getting storage bins for my lego sets, then I might mix things together, and at that time, regardless of skin color, I'd have all my minifigs together.

Me too! I do the same. It does not really matter to me.

I MOD their skin color according to the majority of each color in any give MOC.

If that makes sense, which it should.

I've removed all of the yellow, brown and creepy faced figs from my collection. They're like different races mixing. :sick: It's just wrong.

Since I'm always the one to say this, let's not bring up a discussion! Someone could be offended by that! I'm not going to say what I feel about it, but other people could get angry...

Sorry if I'm mini-modding! Plus, CW faces aren't that creepy!

As much as possible I've tried to update with new flesh heads, although the top of some of the torsos where the chest is exposed are still yellow and don't quite match. But I like the consistency of having almost all flesh heads.

Interesting topic! :thumbup:

I'll have to go with the first choice - keep them as they are. Since I usually don't buy re-released sets which I already own the old/new version of, I don't have the same minifig in two different versions either. And because I'm usually happy with how the minifigs look, I don't mod them either and just leave them as they are. This way there is a specific style for every era for me:

Episode I = yellow with no "pupils"

Episode II = yellow with no "pupils"

Clone Wars = flesh, CW-style

Episode III = flesh with no "pupils"

Episode IV = yellow with no "pupils"

Episode V = some yellow, some flesh, all without "pupils"

Episode VI = yellow with no "pupils"

I prefer the flesh style, though. I am glad that they decided to go this way and am trying to get more and more flesh versions of the figs that I have in yellow. If I had more flesh heads, I would probably mod them, but I rarely buy any other sets than SW anymore. :sceptic:

So here's for hoping that they'll release every SW fig in flesh form by the end of the license. :thumbup:

I've removed all of the yellow, brown and creepy faced figs from my collection. They're like different races mixing. :sick: It's just wrong.

Wow, there's a post worth revising. No really, please edit that. It's probably just a mistake, but it's pretty offensive!

Back to the topic at hand...

As to the topic at hand. I'm not primarily a SW collector, but I have alot of them, and some SW heads have made their way into my Town layout. I freely mix yellow, flesh, brown, and dark flesh heads in my layout regardless of pupils or no pupils. I only have a couple of clone wars heads, and I'm not particularly fond of them, but it probably won't be long before they get mixed into my layout as well. I like variety, so the more colors the better. I wish I had some brown female heads though.

Well, there aren't very many types of flesh heads (compared to yella ones), so I use flesh heads for my main characters and yellow for generic ones.

I just keep the as they are, no modding, nothing.

I`ve made a regulation though, all Republic and Imperial personnel should be flesh coloured to make them more uniform, especially the Imperial officers.

Apart from that they are all mixed, but only for the Rebels it really matters, the only humans in my CIS are Dooku from Solar Sailer and Jango who might be better with a fleshie version of his normal face.

First I devide them in good guys and bad guys. With the clones by the good guys because they worked for the republic. And the stormtroopers with the bad guys.

Then came the battle packs and I was forced to make two extra places for clones (2nd version) and Battle droids.

But I can also think to make divide further in rebellion guys, Jedi's (Is Luke a rebel or a jedi), droids, stormtroopers, clones 1st version, Battle droids divide from super battle droids. etc :classic:

I don't pay attention to any of the color differences. They're LEGO, not people. If they were different sizes, that'd affect me a lot more.

The good thing for me is that I started collecting LEGO Star Wars stuff in 2006 or 2007. That means that I have no yellow heads! :laugh: