pedro

AV-7 Antivehicle Cannon

indexed.gif

AV-7 Antivehicle Cannon

The AV-7 Antivehicle Cannon, also called Republic Artillery Gun or Clone Artillery Cannon, was a repulsorlift self-propelled artillery unit used by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. The vehicle could be operated by one clone trooper in a seat on the side of the gun, and had a chamber for refilling shells to the side of the lower chassis.

Republic Artillery Guns were used during the Battle of Christophsis where they countered the Confederacy's AATs and titanic Tri-droids. The Separatists erected an energy field which prevented the clone troopers from using the cannons, but Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano disabled it, allowing the cannons to help swing the outcome of the battle.

I love the AV-7 and had wanted to build it since seeing the Clone Wars movie. I initially got as far as while as building a leg... and it stayed that way for months! I saw that the competition was on at the weekend and started building in earnest, finally finishing and photo'ing last night. This is one of the hardest models I've ever attempted to build by far and took loads of fine tuning to get it right. Parts count well over 400, legs alone account for over 200 parts! So, here it is...

Main Shot

av7-01.jpg

Front

av7-front.jpg

Right

av7-right.jpg

Rear

av7-rear.jpg

Left

av7-left.jpg

av7-top.jpg

Here's a couple of extra images...

Gunner

av7-pilot.jpg

Detail

av7-detail-rear.jpg

EDIT: I thought I'd add an extra photo showing minifig to leg scale. Captain Rex kindly agreed to participate!

av7-leg.jpg

Unfortunately I only had time to build one competition entry so this is it! Please take a look at the Bricklink gallery when moderated here to see many more photos of my AV-7.

Good luck to everyone who's taken part!

Edited by KimT

This is awesome! The design is unique and the color is much like the real one.

The cannon design is very good as it looks quite strong.

and the legs definitely look strong enough to hold it up :thumbup:

GOOD LUCK!

This is huge! It looks very accurate to the design and I love the barrel. Good work and good luck :thumbup: .

Wow. This is intensely perfect. I wanted to make this but I didn't have any good source images. Where did you get them? Wookiepedia?

-S-

Wow. This is intensely perfect. I wanted to make this but I didn't have any good source images. Where did you get them? Wookiepedia?

-S-

Reference for this is pretty scarce and I mainly worked from the two images on Wookiepedia. It might have been possible to crank on the movie and check out some stills but I thought there was enough to work with in the images and got on with it. Where parts of the vehicle were completely hidden I just got creative and greebled it a bit :wink:

Cheers for the positive replies!

Can I borrow your creations for my CW animation? :thumbup::laugh:

That is an accurate model and is just perfect. :wub: I like the detail around the seating area. :thumbup:

Greetings,

JD

A well detailed and very vigorous looking cannon indeed, the use of some dark red parts

fits nicely and the 'feet' design looks pretty good! :thumbup:

The scale is perfect, you got every little detail down, and more! Great job and Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

A great version of this vehicule.

I really like how you manage to make its shape

Edited by legopiotre

Good work on that Av-7 Antivehicle cannon. :thumbup: I made one but it is way off scale, Yours looks much better then mine.

and I almost forgot CONGRATULATIONS in winning first place!!

Good work on that Av-7 Antivehicle cannon. :thumbup: I made one but it is way off scale, Yours looks much better then mine.

and I almost forgot CONGRATULATIONS in winning first place!!

Wow, Oi lego hire this guy lol.

That is sweet, the detail is incredible and looks very true to how it was in the movie.

BTW dude, if winning isn't enough to brag about, this thread is 3rd listed in google search.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Av-7+Ant...lient=firefox-a

Wow! That's AMAZING!! Congratulations in winning first place, you deserve it!!

It's the best AV-7 MOC I have ever seen. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

BTW dude, if winning isn't enough to brag about, this thread is 3rd listed in google search.
Only to be beaten by some wookiepedia/wikipedia topics :thumbup:

Ah, cool! Might get a few extra visitors to EB too :wink:

Can I borrow your creations for my CW animation? :thumbup::laugh:

When you get that big Hollywood budget we can build a battalion of these! :laugh:

Wow this is great. I'd love TLC to build something like this (then you'd say, 'I inspired that') a bit different but close. Great win!

The cannon barrel is sagging just a little too.

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

I'm a little late in viewing this forum but this was a very nice surprise...

I'm a little late in viewing this forum but this was a very nice surprise...

Same here, wow that is beautiful!

Didn't read the title expecting another astro entry and this monster leaps out at me, awesome design and execution, would luv to have a dozen of these protecting my base :thumbup:

Hello, I know you have been inactive for the last years but I just discovered this awesome MOC and I would like to ask you whether you still had a Lego Digital Designer file or similar so that I could recreate this model for my private collection? I would be willing to pay for it. I'd appreciate an answer, thanks in advance! :)

On 12/30/2020 at 1:54 AM, Fypsilon said:

Hello, I know you have been inactive for the last years but I just discovered this awesome MOC and I would like to ask you whether you still had a Lego Digital Designer file or similar so that I could recreate this model for my private collection? I would be willing to pay for it. I'd appreciate an answer, thanks in advance! :)

Same here!