Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Steve

The Spoils of War

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 69a

Here is my entry for the Captain's Cabin Contest.

This MOC is all about the spoils of Victory, Plenty of Food, Drink, Women and Treasure.

I did not have time to come up any detailed furniture etc... (and after seeing the other entries I could not have come close to the detail that oo7, I Scream Clone and others have done- Amazing Detail!)

But this did give me an excuse to use the treasure I have been collecting over the past few years and have a little fun with this MOC.

The thing I like the most is the Picture of the Capt. I used the sticker from his wanted poster from the "Soldier's Fort" set.

EDIT: Thanks for all you tips, Here is my MOC with some modifications

I added a line of dark blue to the room, some torches and more Pearl Gold Pieces to tone down the brown color. (thanks to everyone for the input) I also added a "Captured Admiral" and have him hanging up in the background (I did this with Han Solo in Jaba's Palace in mind).

I added a few bookcases and decided that one of the slaves should be "faning" (spelling?) our good Captain. I also took someone's suggestion of adding another pirate looking in. I also found a few more gold coins and added some gold chests.

When I get some time I will count how many Coins there are in the MOC.

Thanks

capt_cabin_001.jpg

capt_cabin_002.jpg

capt_cabin_003.jpg

Edited by SlyOwl

You must be a rich pirate! :pir_laugh2:

Now where is his pirate bank account... :pir-tongue:

What I like:

The treasure! I wish I had that many coins, gems and golden bars... :pir-wub:

The nice detail of the cabin's walls and floor. Looking very good and realistic!

All the salty wenches nice pretty girls in the cabin!

What could be improved:

Perhaps some candles on the walls to add some detail.

A few pieces of furniture would be nice though, but watch out it's not getting too crowded then.

I think this is a pretty good one! Good luck on the contest matey! :thumbup:

*I want to be the pirate* :pir_bawling:

So nice entry!

I love all the gold and treasures in front of the ''little king''.

Ohh and your walls are amazing...

Thanks for sharing and good luck!

'Bricks'

You must be a rich pirate! :pir_laugh2:

Now where is his pirate bank account... :pir-tongue:

What I like:

The treasure! I wish I had that many coins, gems and golden bars... :pir-wub:

The nice detail of the cabin's walls and floor. Looking very good and realistic!

All the salty wenches nice pretty girls in the cabin!

What could be improved:

Perhaps some candles on the walls to add some detail.

A few pieces of furniture would be nice though, but watch out it's not getting too crowded then.

I think this is a pretty good one! Good luck on the contest matey! :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments, I agree I could use some more stuff on the walls, I just ran out of time.....I am working on the interior of a cabin for my new ship and will try to add some more stuff to the walls though

That must be one happy captain :pir-grin:

Possible improvement points:

1. The moc is very brown (/frown), maybe you could add some other colours to break up the monotomy of the brown. Maybe some black treasure chests, a nice coloured trim on the wall, , other window frames, lanterns, something like that.

Good points:

1. Good idea, this must be every captains dream :pir-sweet:

2. Plenty of booty, swag, simoleons, loot, boodle, treasure, wampum, haul, spoils, pillage, prize, scratch, dough, moolah, sugar, plunder and gold to go around, even though the captains is a real pirate in keeping everything to himself :pir-tongue:

That must be one happy captain :pir-grin:

Possible improvement points:

1. The moc is very brown (/frown), maybe you could add some other colours to break up the monotomy of the brown. Maybe some black treasure chests, a nice coloured trim on the wall, , other window frames, lanterns, something like that.

Good points:

1. Good idea, this must be every captains dream :pir-sweet:

2. Plenty of booty, swag, simoleons, loot, boodle, treasure, wampum, haul, spoils, pillage, prize, scratch, dough, moolah, sugar, plunder and gold to go around, even though the captains is a real pirate in keeping everything to himself :pir-tongue:

Thanks for your comments,

I will look at adding some color to the cabin on my new ship that I am finishing....it is all brown now

Thanks!

WOW, you sure do have some big heap of treasure :pir-oh: Is there any way you could tell us how many coins you have.

WHAT I LIKE

1.THE TREASURE....of course.

2.The women. you sure do have a lot of Princess Leia slave torsos.

3.The tiled floor.

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS

1.Your entry is wayyyy to brown. Maybe you could add some other colors.

2.It seems a little bare in the back, how about adding some furniture.

3.A couple of jealous pirates in the background would look great.

4.Replacing the baby blue handle and the rack thingies on the beer barrel would look better.

Good Job and Goog Luck :thumbup:

That's a hilarious entry. :pir-grin:

You have to have the largest coin collection I've ever seen! They look excellent together with the gems, and provide a very vibrant feel to your entry.

Good idea with all of the human "treasures" as well.:pir-tongue:

Improvement Suggestions:

1) I agree with the others that the brown is a bit too repetitive. Luckily, that's an easy fix. For starters, I would change the window panes in the back to maybe pearl gold, yellow, or some other bright color. Hanging some non-brown things on the walls would also greatly help.

2) Just a very minor point, but the captain is a bit "standard", seeing as he's the same thing as you find in sets. I think your entry would have a more personal touch if you would perhaps use some other combination. Maybe add a plume and change the torso or head.

3) Adding some lanterns to the wall would help your entry a lot by breaking up the brown.

4) I think some better pictures would show off your entry in a better way. Try getting some large pieces of white paper or posterboard, use the macro feature on your camera if you have it, and avoid using too much flash.

================================================

Your entry really is entertaining. I definitely laughed when I saw it, and with a few added details, I think it could be even better. :pir-classic:

Excellent job, and good luck to you! :monkey:

That's a hilarious entry. :pir-grin:

You have to have the largest coin collection I've ever seen! They look excellent together with the gems, and provide a very vibrant feel to your entry.

Good idea with all of the human "treasures" as well.:pir-tongue:

Improvement Suggestions:

1) I agree with the others that the brown is a bit too repetitive. Luckily, that's an easy fix. For starters, I would change the window panes in the back to maybe pearl gold, yellow, or some other bright color. Hanging some non-brown things on the walls would also greatly help.

2) Just a very minor point, but the captain is a bit "standard", seeing as he's the same thing as you find in sets. I think your entry would have a more personal touch if you would perhaps use some other combination. Maybe add a plume and change the torso or head.

3) Adding some lanterns to the wall would help your entry a lot by breaking up the brown.

4) I think some better pictures would show off your entry in a better way. Try getting some large pieces of white paper or posterboard, use the macro feature on your camera if you have it, and avoid using too much flash.

================================================

Your entry really is entertaining. I definitely laughed when I saw it, and with a few added details, I think it could be even better. :pir-classic:

Excellent job, and good luck to you! :monkey:

Thanks for the tips, I have modified my moc and will try your tip on taking the pics for my next MOC (when I am not rushed to finish a deadline) I decided to go with a standard Capt to match the picture on the wall...Although I agree that it was to boring, so I used Qui Gons hair piece for him instead.

Thanks Again!

WOW, you sure do have some big heap of treasure :pir-oh: Is there any way you could tell us how many coins you have.

WHAT I LIKE

1.THE TREASURE....of course.

2.The women. you sure do have a lot of Princess Leia slave torsos.

3.The tiled floor.

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS

1.Your entry is wayyyy to brown. Maybe you could add some other colors.

2.It seems a little bare in the back, how about adding some furniture.

3.A couple of jealous pirates in the background would look great.

4.Replacing the baby blue handle and the rack thingies on the beer barrel would look better.

Good Job and Goog Luck :thumbup:

I added some book cases and a jealous pirate. Thanks for the tips!

Aha! That's so far ahead of what you had before. So colorful and vibrant now.

It looks like one gigantic party. :pir-grin: The Qui-Gon hair looks excellent, and I love all of the new decorations like the palms, torches and the pirate coming through the window.

Great improvements!

This is a big improvement, some treasure chests still blend in a little bit too much, but the overall colouring change is very good.

Nicely done. This may sound strange, but the addition of a monkey would make the whole thing complete for me.

Good Job. :thumbup:

Nicely done. This may sound strange, but the addition of a monkey would make the whole thing complete for me.

Good Job. :thumbup:

Funny you should say that...I intended on adding one...perhaps messing around with the admiral...however he blended in with the back round too much and There was nothing for him to hang on too. If I go back and tweek this for fun I will try to change the wall a bit so I can do this.

Thanks

I particullary like the girl on the left with its huge palm tree leaf to make some wind !

That pirate is like a modern day pimp with his women and all his bling! :pir_laugh2: Cool moc, lots going on. Good luck in the contest!

You've done some great work on your entry! The improvements turened out really well!

I especially like the dark blue stripe in the wall and the torches on it. Great job.

The rest is really good as well, a bit messy, but I like it. :thumbup:

I think you've improved the chances to win a prize a lot. Good luck!

You have made a major improvement, like what the Captain said, you have a better chance at winning.

Edited by Broadside

Wow that a loot of booty! ;)

Overall this is a great MOC.

I really like the detail with the walls like the stripe of color.

Dislikes:

Too many torches. You really don't need that much light. The woman in the corner on the bookshelf looks like she's going to burn herself.

The studs on the walls to the sides. A minor point.

Puriri

I counted the loot up

287 Gold Coins

95 Gems

33 Gold Bricks (1x2 tiles)

2 gold islander decorations?

1 silver key

2 gold islander decorations?

Those are from the adventurers line (the jungle/aztec/inca one), I got only one myself from BL, they're not that cheap.

But that is quite some treasure you have there, I think I'll count my treasure some day.

Those are from the adventurers line (the jungle/aztec/inca one), I got only one myself from BL, they're not that cheap.

But that is quite some treasure you have there, I think I'll count my treasure some day.

Thats good to know, I got if off Bl as well and had no idea of its origin

Thanks

What a lucky guy with all those women and treasure. I would be in heaven by now if I had all that but I don,t. :pir_bawling: