Sign in to follow this  
NeoKross

Captain & Son's Cabin

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 69b

Captain & Son's Cabin

After many fine long years raiding and pillaging with his ship "gorthmund" Captain Drothgar Decided that perhaps he ought to start teaching his son the family trade. After all, an Orc can't live forever on the high seas...

3400880492_2b99764e1f.jpg

3400839730_fda155cfe0.jpg

3400839170_4311b78cb8.jpg

More images can be found Here

~T

that's a nice entry ! I love how you did the "weapons rack" , with a skeleton, that's very original! and the bed is really cool too!

Them pirates be looking a little seasick aye :pir-tongue:

Possible improvement points:

1. Maybe the door and/or window could be sloped, just like the wall.

Good points:

1. I really like the wall, don't think I've seen that before (at least not in this way).

2. Original sword-rack.

3. Nice hanging bed, good plan to have one of those on a ship.

Nice entry. There are a lot of original parts to it.

THINGS I LIKE

1.I really like the bed, its very creative.

2.The bookshelf is nice.

3.Your skeleton weapon rack looks great.

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS

1. Maybe you could tile the wall. That way it matches the floor.

2.I agree with the others , a slanted door that matches the walls would be great.

Good Job and Good Luck.

That's a nice little entry you have there. :pir-classic:

It's a nice "feel-good" story with the father and son orc, plus it has some nice interior designs. The walls are very interesting with the raising effect, and I think that turned out very well.

Your little bookshelf adds some great color. That little orc longboat is simply superb. I love how it's similar to the usual model ship design but with a few "orcish" twists.

Improvement Ideas:

1) I agree with ISC that it would better if the window was a bit further back, so it would be more on the same level as the door is. The way it is now I don't think you can even see out of it.

2) The black lantern on the bottom right blends in a bit too much with the floor. Perhaps having it on the wall somewhere would be best.

=================================================

Overall, excellent work with you entry! The little fun details like the bed make it enjoyable to look at.

Best of luck to you! :pir-classic:

I like the idea of angling the window, though I'm not sure how it would be done... As it stands right now, you can see out of it though. I used two 3x3 plates with the angle on them to frame the window. In the Flickr set photo "CCC 039 adjusted" you can get a feel for how they were used. I actually would have liked a 2nd window originally but I ran out of the parts ;p

I also briefly considered tiling the wall but I like the texture that the studs create. makes it feel rougher and more lived in.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

~T

I also briefly considered tiling the wall but I like the texture that the studs create. makes it feel rougher and more lived in.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

~T

I actually like the walls untiled. It gives some nice contrast with the smooth floor like you said. :pir-classic: