Sign in to follow this  
Thrash

A'Thr'Sh's Hovercraft

indexed.gif

For my entry into the Land Vehicle Contest, I've made a hover craft for a character I made up named A'Thr'Sh. I don't know that much about Star Wars, but I tried to do some research on wookiepedia and use what few things I know from the movies to make a backstory that relates it to the Star Wars Universe. The hovercraft contains about 300 pieces, so it is in the medium category.

title.jpg

Backstory:

A’Thr’Sh was born in a Tusken Raider clan on Tatooine. For many years he went around with his clan doing normal Tusken things; pillaging, raping, killing…really just being a jerk to the other inhabitants of Tatooine. For the most part, his clan picked their targets well and had many successful raids, but one time they made a big mistake and attacked a Sith lord who happened to be visiting Tatooine. The Sith lord didn’t appreciate the attack very much, so he killed all of the attackers…except for one. As it turns out, the force was strong within young A’Thr’Sh, and the Sith Lord could definitely feel it. He didn’t have an apprentice yet, so he decided to take in young A’Thr’Sh and teach him the ways of the Sith. A’Thr’Sh played along and learned from his new master for a while, but that was only so that he could be strong enough to kill him to get revenge on him for killing his clan. After killing his master, he went back to Tatooine and gave his master’s old spaceship to Watto in return for a hovercraft that he could get around the deserts of Tatooine with. Watto agreed to the deal, and A’Thr’Sh had a brand new hovercraft. The hovercraft was fitted with four automatic plasma rifles, and two laser cannons, one that swivels on the top of the hovercraft and one in the front to blast away anything that lies in its path. Also, the hovercraft had spikes in the front so that A’Thr’Sh could impale people by running into them. To move around, the hovercraft has 4 thrusters on the bottom to elevate it off the sand and then two more in the back. With his brand new hover craft, A’Thr’Sh went to Mos Eisley Cantina and found two young men willing to join his crew. To make some money, A’Thr’Sh began taking on bounties for people, and he quickly became one of the most feared bounty hunters on Tatooine.

Front:

front2.jpg

Right:

right2.jpg

Left:

left2.jpg

Back:

back2.jpg

Top:

top1.jpg

A'Thr'Sh and his two henchmen:

bounterhunters.jpg

I hope you guys like it! Comments and suggestions are welcome! :classic:

A'Thr'Sh's Hovercraft Brickshelf

~Thrash

Edited by KimT

Neat model. Good luck!

Out if curiousity, where did you acquire the pieces composing A'Thr'Sh's armor?

Neat model. Good luck!

Does Brickforge ring a bell?

And this is really Castle-ish, so I'm guessing you don't have too many Star Wars parts, other than the lightsaber?

EDIT: And the Scout heads and Tusken torso....

Edited by booger540

I love the back story and the MOC is well constructed. It does seem a bit too castle-y but it is a fine entry nonetheless.

Super.

This has been passed :grin:

Good luck

Neat model. Good luck!

Thanks! The armor is from brickforge.com. Specifically, the pieces are a gladiator mask and segmented pauldrons. Hope that helps!

And this is really Castle-ish, so I'm guessing you don't have too many Star Wars parts, other than the lightsaber?

EDIT: And the Scout heads and Tusken torso....

I actually have quite a few star wars parts, I just don't use them very often so they aren't sorted as well as the pieces that are more useful for castle building. Also, I'm more used to building with castle themed pieces, so that probably also contributed to the castle-y appearance of the hover craft.

I love the back story and the MOC is well constructed. It does seem a bit too castle-y but it is a fine entry nonetheless.

Thanks! I know it's a castle'y...

Looks awesome! Really like the background story and the details

like the spikes and the turret. I really :wub: the figures.

Good luck on the contest :thumbup:

Thanks, two of my favorite parts were making the figures and coming up with a story. It was quite a challenge to come up with a somewhat coherent story without knowing much about starwars...

Super.

This has been passed :grin:

Good luck

Thanks KimT! Great contest :thumbup: