71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion on this set

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Yey got mine!

I'd always dreamed about getting an AT OP and a dropship for the AT TE - to bundle them to together is just - wow

Not quite as amazing a set as i'd initially thought though - getting it attached to the AT-TE is very annoying and does require a mod to the AT TE (though its the removal of a part of the handle)

Its still a dream come true to have these sets in Lego form!

OK, I played around a bit more and made a few ‘modifications’ as Han Solo would say. Take a look at this:

I ripped out the folding cockpit and simply fixed it to the hull of the AT-OT. I then added a gun rack on each side and a walk-thru to the cockpit. I patched up some of the holes and put in two storage lockers.

10195-52.jpg

10195-53.jpg

10195-57.jpg

The cockpit still opens and closes the same:

10195-54.jpg

10195-55.jpg

10195-56.jpg

Now the best part… The Dropship can pick it up! I still have to fix the hole in the back of the Dropship, but that should be easy.

10195-58.jpg

10195-59.jpg

No doubt there are better modders on this board but this was my first whack at it. Let me know what you think.

Next, I’m going to tackle the ramp in the back…

Great review. For the diehard starwarsfans a must to have. Well I'm not that kind of people, so this set won't be in my collection, until is priced off a lot. I voted average.

I still don't get it, why you would build only a walking tank without heavy guns on it? I prefer to build 5 AT-TE instead of 10 AT-TO for warfare.

I voted for....Above Average!

Because this is such an great set, which is a ''must-buy'' for every fan.

But the too high price and the ''less'' Clone Troopers are amiss at the set...

I hope to get one of these soon...

...and thanks for this nice review! :thumbup:

'Bricks'

The dropship is so big - i dont have anywhere to put it on display!

Really growing on me this set - esp the dropship, the designers have spent most of their time here and its a very strong design

Thanks for the great review, Dunamis.

Now that I've seen this set reviewed, I've decided not to get it. I'd be much more satisfied with just the RGS and AT-TE, which are together less money than this set. Somehow, it's just lacking. Sure, we've all wanted an AT-OT for a long time, but there really isn't any "wow" factor to it. The folding cockpit is neat, though. I do like the LAAT/c and its color scheme, and that it can also carry the AT-TE, but there is nothing special here, either. I think the set would've obtained a lot more buyers if it had exclusive minifigs, too, like Aayla Secura.

I cannot wait until TLG realizes that only serious collectors will get this, and drastically slash the price until it's affordable.

Very good review. I love to mods you did to the AT-OT. I'll probably get this set in a week or so. Until then I'll probably be re-reading reviews and looking through pictures of the set :tongue: .

OK, I played around a bit more and made a few ‘modifications’ as Han Solo would say. Take a look at this:

Very nice! It's great how much better it looks by filling up the holes. Make sure to take full pics when you're done!

Nice review :thumbup: I like the dropship the most and how it can a carry the at-te and the at-ot. One more thing in the minfig pix you put the wrong body on the last clone on the top row. I bet someone has already said something about it so keep coming with those reviews.

Dunamis- Great build. I thought the yellow piece was from your flick fire pin, but I guess not. I have the same left over.

Edited by starstreak

OK, check it out. I managed to rig together a retractable ramp.

Here is the normal (retracted) view from the rear:

10195-68.jpg

And the view from the top:

10195-60.jpg

And here is the ramp extending:

10195-61.jpg

10195-62.jpg

Ramp fully deployed:

10195-63.jpg

10195-64.jpg

Deploy the troops:

10195-65.jpg

10195-66.jpg

Since I took out the old fold-up ramp, there was a lot of room so I rearranged the middle seats and moved them to the now open space. Same number of seats but better arrangement (yeah, I know I need better color coordination I'm working on it)...:

10195-67.jpg

Thoughts?

thats great :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: nice ramp but its too narrow but considering the limited space you have, its perfect. i also like the mod of the cockpit :thumbup:

thats great :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: nice ramp but its too narrow but considering the limited space you have, its perfect. i also like the mod of the cockpit :thumbup:

I couldn't do a 6-stud wide ramp because it wouldn't fit under the floor. The 4-stud wide ramp fits perfectly. (but I hear what you are saying...)

Very nice review. You built it so quick with exellent pics, unlike someone I know "Starstreak" *cough* *cough* :tongue: . Just messing.

I like the ramp you made. Nice job. :thumbup:

Wow! Now that's cool. Why couldn't TLC do that? It has a lot more playability than the slide.

How did you mod it? Did it require any extensive modding, or did you simply build onto the bottom?

Wow! Now that's cool. Why couldn't TLC do that? It has a lot more playability than the slide.

How did you mod it? Did it require any extensive modding, or did you simply build onto the bottom?

Yes do tell. And if you could. Provide pictures of what you did exactly. This looks like something Id like to do. Although I might MOD your version a tad.

Yes do tell. And if you could. Provide pictures of what you did exactly. This looks like something Id like to do. Although I might MOD your version a tad.

Well, I wasn't planning on getting this at all, until I saw the MODs he did. Now I might just have to...

Well, I wasn't planning on getting this at all, until I saw the MODs he did. Now I might just have to...

I agree. The price was putting me off, but the mods that dunamis has done really improve the set. Keep up the good work!

I agree. The price was putting me off, but the mods that dunamis has done really improve the set. Keep up the good work!

Well I was actually gonna get it this week but this makes me want it more and more.

It didn't take much. I just lowered the bottom hull by one plate size and put some tiles inside it so the ramp would slide through. I'll take some more photos tomorrow and post them showing how it works.