(27.03.09) This is my seventh review. It features:

Product: 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT

Theme: Star Wars

No of pieces: 1758

Release Date: 2009

RRP: USD $250.00

Featured Episodes: AOTC, TCW, ROTS

Lego "Shop at Home" Catalog Description

Two incredible Star Wars™ vehicles in one!

Flying through the skies of hostile planets, the Republic LAAT/c (Low Altitude Assault Transport/carrier) Dropship swoops down and deploys the AT-OT (All Terrain Open Transport) troop carrier for attacks on Separatist strongholds. Dropship features an opening cockpit, rotating front and rear cannons, auto-firing missiles and armament bay, and a fold-away handle on top. AT-OT features poseable legs, rotating cannons, crew compartment with weapon racks, and folding cockpit and boarding ramp. Drop ship automatically locks onto walker, then releases it with the push of a switch! Also works with #7675 AT-TE Walker. Includes 2 clone pilots and 6 clone troopers.

10195001.jpg

This is the box compared to a Darth Vader fig for size. The dimensions are about 580mm x 480mm.

10195002.jpg

The back of the box shows many of the features included in this set including opening cockpits, missile launchers and the connecting feature between the AT-OT and LAAT/c.

10195003.jpg

The top of the box showing the figs included. 2 clone pilots and 6 clone troopers.

10195004.jpg

There are three instruction booklets, as you'd expect for such a big set (the biggest I've ever bought!)

10195005.jpg

The sticker sheet is quite a big one with symbols, logos, detail and nose art.

10195006.jpg

10195007.jpg

10195008.jpg

10195009.jpg

These are the pages at the back of the instruction booklet that show the same features seen on the back of the box.

10195011.jpg

10195011.jpg

The bags in this set are numbered which is something I've not seen for a long time. The number 1 bags hold the pieces of the AT-OT and the number 2 bags have the LAAT/c pieces.

10195012.jpg

This is the All Terrain Open Transport or AT-OT, a large troop transport that has been pulled off perfectly by TLG.

10195013.jpg

There is seating for 3 down each side and a further 3 in the middle. There is also seating for 7 at the front.

10195014.jpg

The pilot is sitting in his huge cockpit at the front. The stickers here are really nice. (He has windscreen wipers!)

10195015.jpg

This is how the front looks normally. However, for dropship transportation, there needs to be a little modification to the front...

10195016.jpg

Firstly, the top frame is folded backwards and tucked down. I don't think the clones sitting at the front are actually affected by this folding, which is much better than I thought!

10195017.jpg

Then the cockpit is folded backwards too. You'll see why this is when I show it being picked up by the dropship.

10195018.jpg

The boarding ramp is normally folded up on the back like so.

10195019.jpg

It can be unfolded to allow the troops to board the vehicle.

10195020.jpg

The ramp is a bit steep so this clone decides it's an emergency slide instead!

10195021.jpg

The back clones can stand on their seats to shoot the mounted guns at any surrounding infantry.

1019524.jpg

The pilot can sit comfortably in the cockpit which opens at the sides and top to make it easier to put him in.

10195022.jpg

A side view of this great vehicle!

1019526.jpg

1019525.jpg

A comparison between the AT-OT and 7675 AT-TE. The AT-TE is just a little bit bigger than the AT-OT.

1019527.jpg

The Republic Low Altitude Assault Transport/carrier Dropship. This is extremely movie-accurate. Well done, TLG!

1019528.jpg

The pilot sits in the cockpit similar to those of the 7676 Gunship you'll see later. The cockpit opens much easier as it is only clipped on a one point rather than using a double clip.

1019529.jpg

Inside the front is a small platform with 8 missiles. Each wing has 4 additional missiles meaning you don't need to keep moving them from storage to the wing which is great!

1019530.jpg

There are some nice stickers on the sides as well as extra pieces for detail. These look really good.

1019531.jpg

The top is also very detailed and houses a secret handle.

1019532.jpg

The handle folds forwards to make it easy to carry around. It's very sturdy but weighs a lot with a vehicle attached!

1019533.jpg

There are more stickers on the back as well as a rear gun.

1019534.jpg

Inside the 'neck' of the ship are technic beams to keep it strong, unlike the Rep. Gunship.

1019535.jpg

On the underside of the wings are missile launchers. By pushing the yellow stud at the back, all four missiles are released at once.

1019536.jpg

This is the underside of the ship, where the vehicles attacked. You can see a yellow stud in the middle holding back a grey bar (follow the blue elastic band). When the handle on the top of one of the vehicles is pushed into the yellow stud...

1019537.jpg

it moves upwards, releasing the bar through...

1019538.jpg

the hole in the top of the handle, attaching the ship and the walker. Clever!

1019539.jpg

You may be able to see the attachment in the middle of this picture.

1019540.jpg

And behold, the dropship can carry the AT-OT like so.

1019541.jpg

The dropship is also compatible with the 7675 AT-TE. The handle needs to have a hole at the top to allow the connection. Also, the gun needs to be turned to the side, otherwise it gets in the way at the front.

1019542.jpg

This can be carried by the dropship like this as well.

1019543.jpg

1019544.jpg

Here is a size comparison between the LAAT/c and LAAT/i. As you can see, the dropship is quite a bit bigger.

I think this set is really good. £166 for 1758 pieces is good and the vehicles are so accurately-designed. It's a shame that better minifigs weren't included as that would have persuaded more people to buy it, I'm sure. I'd certainly recommend buying it if you are a SW LEGO fan. You'll need lots of space to display it as the dropship is enormous and only just fits on my shelf. Also, if you have lots of clones from BPs and need somewhere to transport them, this is the vehicle to get. It includes 6 clone troopers and seats 16 so there is plenty of space for those loose clones.

Build: 7/10 - The dropship was very technic and the legs of the AT-OT got a bit boring. It took a long time to build as well.

Design: 9/10 - The legs of the walker are floppy and hard to stand up. The folding 'head' is also a bit of a design flaw.

Minifigs: 8/10 - 2 pilots and 6 troopers is good, but TLG could easily have put in a Jedi or clone commander. Clones can be easily bought in the BP.

Playability: 10/10 - This set has so many functions and features. One of the best sets ever in this field.

Swooshability: 7/10 - It's very heavy and huge which make swooshing difficult.

Overall: 82/100 - An accurate calculated score.

See the gallery here (when public).

Any questions, picture requests or comments are welcome. Hope this was useful! :sweet:

Edited by KimT

Seriously this is the lamest post I've seen in a while you better have some pictures up in a few seconds.

Edited by Rook

Seriously this is the lamest post I've seen in a while you better have some pictures up in few seconds.

Not the lamest, but still.... Why post something like this?

If you intend on doing a review, then do it.

Posting something like this will not ensure that your review will be the 2nd in the Review Index.

Do the pics, then post a review.

If you need to make a WIP on a review, then I suggest joining the Reviewers Academy and work on it there until it's ready for public posting.

On the other hand, if the dropship is no closer to you than the mail, then you've made a grave mistake. :vader:

Thanks for your kind comments. :angry::tongue:

I was just posting the description while I uploaded all the pics. I didn't think anyone would rush into criticising me in that time!

I'll build and review the dropship tomorrow, as well as compare the vehicles with 7665 and 7666.

Hope you like what I've done so far. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome, as always.

Thanks! :classic:

Thanks for reviewing this great set. :thumbup: I really want this set, but it is too costly. :sceptic: Do you guys think it will go on sale?

Greetings,

JD

Thanks for the review! I cant wait for the gunship, but I must ask if it has one or two clone pilots.

jifel

I'll build and review the dropship tomorrow, as well as compare the vehicles with 7665 and 7666.

Hope you like what I've done so far. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome, as always.

Constructively, 7665 was the Cruiser, Ep. I, and 7666 was the Hoth base, Ep. V.

Neither are the Clone Wars.....Unless you are comparing for size...

Nice review ADHO15 but is it just me or it looks really fragile and come on lego fill in those holes so you don't get sued by the republic.:laugh:

He probably meant 7676 and 7675.

Great, we already have a 2nd review! But no one is done yet with the review. I just need to have patience. I can't wait until you complete it. And I'm looking forward to the comparison pictures.

Well i love how TLC got the shape of the AT-OT cockpit (wish i had thought of that :hmpf_bad: ) but i can't help but think the rest of the walker looks a little unfinished.

wow, the ATOT is much better than i expected :thumbup: cant wait for the second review

Looks good so far. I feel the AT-OT is a bit empty though. I wonder what the Laat/c is like?

Nice to see some pictures are up. :wink::grin: Good start, and I look forward to the dropship portion. :classic:
Thanks for reviewing this great set. :thumbup: I really want this set, but it is too costly. :sceptic: Do you guys think it will go on sale?
wow, the ATOT is much better than i expected :thumbup: cant wait for the second review

Thanks guys for your comments. :classic:

Thanks for the review! I cant wait for the gunship, but I must ask if it has one or two clone pilots.

Thank you. There are two included: one to pilot the dropship and another to pilot the walker.

Nice review ADHO15 but is it just me or it looks really fragile and come on lego fill in those holes so you don't get sued by the republic.:laugh:
Well i love how TLC got the shape of the AT-OT cockpit (wish i had thought of that :hmpf_bad: ) but i can't help but think the rest of the walker looks a little unfinished.
Looks good so far. I feel the AT-OT is a bit empty though. I wonder what the Laat/c is like?

Thanks. I agree that it does look a little bare around the edges, but that is to cut costs and to make it lighter and therefore easier to carry with the dropship. It's open look may also make it look a bit empty.

He probably meant 7676 and 7675.

Great, we already have a 2nd review! But no one is done yet with the review. I just need to have patience. I can't wait until you complete it. And I'm looking forward to the comparison pictures.

I did mean the 7675 AT-TE and 7676 LAAT/i, thanks for clearing that up Smith Boy.

Edited by ADHO15

Good review ADHO15 :thumbup: I also really want to get this set though it'll probably get to Hong Kong in about

2-3 weeks :hmpf_bad: Anyways can't wait to see your review for the Dropship!

Thanks for your kind comments. :angry::tongue:

I was just posting the description while I uploaded all the pics. I didn't think anyone would rush into criticising me in that time!

:laugh: :laugh: Are you nuts?

I felt something I hadn't felt in since.... and then I came here and stumbled upon a pictureless post with only the S@H description. What did you expect? :grin:

It's all good and your review is coming on nicely.

Thanks for posting it :thumbup:

Good review ADHO15 :thumbup: I also really want to get this set though it'll probably get to Hong Kong in about

2-3 weeks :hmpf_bad: Anyways can't wait to see your review for the Dropship!

Thanks. I'm part way through building it now.

:laugh: :laugh: Are you nuts?

I felt something I hadn't felt in since.... and then I came here and stumbled upon a pictureless post with only the S@H description. What did you expect? :grin:

It's all good and your review is coming on nicely.

Thanks for posting it :thumbup:

Alright. :sad: Sorry.

Thanks for the comment. I was going to add a poll when I've finished the review but it seems you've put one on for me. :grin:

The review is finished now. Please leave comments if you wish! :classic:

Great review ADHO15! :laugh:

I like the Republic Dropship more than the RAG.

It has some cool greebling (those pipes on the sides) and is larger.

I voted Above Average, because of the price.

Edited by ILikePi

A great review ! :thumbup:

Thank you for detailing the mecanism to attach the walkers with the dropship.

I think the dropship is awesome with the color scheme and its accuracy. the stickers are very good !

Definitly a set I will buy :tongue:

A very good review :thumbup:

Well i have said it elsewhere and i love the dropship and badly want 2. The design is near perfect and looks fantasic with the AT-TE underneath.

The AT-OT is a like another designer got his hands on it. Yes the cockpit is very good and the legs look good too, but the main hull is very thrown together. The sides are all sloping the wrong way and my god it so full of holes it is like swiss cheese! The whole design is not helped by the folding cockpit which i am sure could have been avoided. I did not expect the AT-OT to be a completely faithfull version of the original but for the price they are charging i did expext better!

What really shows it up are the pictures of it next to the AT-TE and that is a £70 set! £166 to much more like £140.

Great review ADHO15! :thumbup:

I like the comparison pictures. Especially the dropship carrying the AT-OT and AT-TE!

The LAAT/c (dropship) looks/is a lot bigger than the LAAT/i (gunship).

Well the review looks good now. :thumbup:

But you have to admit posting a set "review" without anything about the set (other then what Lego.com said is pretty lame. It looked like you trying to post the "first" set review even though you didn't have it "yet".

Well the review looks good now. :thumbup:

But you have to admit posting a set "review" without anything about the set (other then what Lego.com said is pretty lame. It looked like you trying to post the "first" set review even though you didn't have it "yet".

Thanks, but I did have the set. The AT-OT was built and I'd taken the pictures. Because uploading the pictures takes a long time, I decided to post the start of the review here, then I could put my pics in afterwards. That was clearly a mistake and I didn't think anyone would be so quick to start criticising me when I did it. You could have just waited half an hour for some pics rather than post a horrible comment like that. Also, I wasn't trying to post the 'first' review because starstreak had started his hours before! :angry:

Edited by ADHO15

The phrase written on the one noseart sticker says 'Laugh This Off" which is the same phrase as on the newest RGS. One of the stickers in this set is missing the second 'F' character of the phrase. Looks like the designers just recycled the sticker with a new picture. I like how LEGO is using the in-universe alphabet now, but I wouldn't mind a bit more variation among sets - UNLESS the prototypes from the movies/tv series really both have the same phrase. I've not seen the CW series, but I doubt it.

I really like this set, makes me wish I cared more about the CW series. The comments about being light on figures is dead-on though; you can get 4 in a $10 battle pack, so why only 6 here?