7133: Bounty Hunter Pursuit

Name: Bounty Hunter Pursuit

Theme: Star Wars Episode II

Set Number: 7133

Pieces: 253

Year released: 2002

Minifigures: 3

Price: Can't remember, but $30.00 according to Peeron

This is one of my favourite sets from episode II. I really love the colours and design of the two speeders. There are also a couple of rare and exclusive pieces included.

Let's start off with the instruction manual.

IMG_6508.jpg

Back.

IMG_6483.jpg

The minifig pages.

IMG_6588.jpgIMG_6485.jpg

A random page.

IMG_6486.jpg

And a nice picture of this set that was also in the manual.

IMG_6590.jpg

The minifigs in this set are Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Zam Wesell.

IMG_6539.jpg

Obi-Wan is a good fig. His head is only available in this set.

IMG_6510.jpgIMG_6511.jpg

Anakin is also a nice figure. I really like his torso with the little ponytail on it :classic:

IMG_6512.jpgIMG_6513.jpg

Here are the lightsabers of the two Jedi.

IMG_6515.jpg

Zam Wesell, the bounty hunter. Here she is her human form without her helmet. Torso and legs are exclusive for this set.

IMG_6529.jpg

On the back of her head there is an alternative printing. This is what Zam really looks like because she is 'a shapeshifting Clawdite bounty hunter from the planet Zolan. In her true form, Wesell was a green-skinned reptilian, although she often appeared as a Human woman with short reddish-blonde hair, and wore a tight-fitting purple Mabari armorweave bodysuit with a veil over her face.' (from Wookieepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zam_Wessell).

IMG_6530.jpg

Here she is with her head turned to the front.

IMG_6531.jpg

Her Clawdit face with her helmet on.

IMG_6532.jpgIMG_6533.jpg

And her human face with her helmet on.

IMG_6534.jpgIMG_6535.jpg

A shot from the back of the rare helmet (at least in this colour).

IMG_6536.jpg

Sideview.

IMG_6537.jpg

A close-up of her rifle.

IMG_6528.jpg

Watch out, here comes Zam!

IMG_6538.jpg

The first vehicle that you build in this set is the speeder that Anakin 'borrows' in episode II, a XJ-6 airspeeder (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XJ-6_airspeeder) I really love it. The colours are awesome and it looks exactly like the one from the film

IMG_6594.jpgIMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6596.jpgIMG_6518.jpg

Printed controls piece.

IMG_6520.jpg

Back.

IMG_6495.jpg

Bottom.

IMG_6522.jpg

A close-up of the engines. They can move a little bit up and down.

IMG_6487.jpgIMG_6488.jpg

Two nice printed pieces behind the engines.

IMG_6491.jpg

I took the engines out so that you can take a better look at them.

IMG_6492.jpgIMG_6493.jpg

These are the most special pieces from this vehicle.

IMG_6498.jpg

These slope bricks are exclusive.

IMG_6499.jpg

Also two exclusive pieces.

IMG_6501.jpg

Two rare tile pieces.

IMG_6500.jpg

Shiny headlights.

IMG_6502.jpg

Anakin and Obi in the speeder.

IMG_6489.jpgIMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

Ready for action.

IMG_6524.jpg

IMG_6525.jpgIMG_6526.jpg

Anakin holding the 'steering wheel'.

IMG_6576.jpg

A look from the back.

IMG_6494.jpg

There's a storage compartment in the back.

IMG_6496.jpg

You can put the lightsabers in it.

IMG_6497.jpg

Or not.

IMG_6521.jpg

I couldn't get all the photos in one post, so part 2 of the review is a couple of posts down.

Edited by Mischa07

They definitely are astromech body pieces, and they would look cool in a droid repair scene.

Thanks for another great review, Mischa07!

That looks even better than I thought. I seriously considered buying this last year, but the price is too steep for such a small set.... But it looks great :wub:

That looks even better than I thought. I seriously considered buying this last year, but the price is too steep for such a small set.... But it looks great :wub:

This really is, in my opinion, worth the price. I paid an even $60.00 USD for it last year, MISB. I would much rather spend the money on something like this than a big set like the Venator with too few figs.

The second vehicle in this set is Zam Wesell's speeder, the Koro-2 Exodrive airspeeder (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Koro-2_Exodrive_airspeeder). Also nicely designed and with a lot of colour and exlusive pieces.

IMG_6540.jpgIMG_6578.jpg

From above.

IMG_6580.jpg

Bottom.

IMG_6579.jpg

The windscreen can of course open up.

IMG_6541.jpgIMG_6542.jpg

IMG_6543.jpg

A printed piece inside the cockpit.

IMG_6546.jpg

Lovely printings on the 'wings'.

Right wing.

IMG_6547.jpgIMG_6548.jpg

Left wing.

IMG_6550.jpgIMG_6549.jpg

The cockpit (open).

IMG_6551.jpg

The cockpit closed.

IMG_6552.jpg

By pulling these two transparant pieces back you can drop the wings.

IMG_6553.jpg

I pulled one and you can see it releasing in the top of the photo.

IMG_6555.jpgIMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6558.jpgIMG_6559.jpg

The wing still in place.

IMG_6560.jpg

And not in place anymore.

IMG_6563.jpg

This picture from the instruction manual shows how it works.

IMG_6507.jpg

You can see the elastic bands in this photo.

IMG_6570.jpg

The speeder without its wings.

IMG_6564.jpgIMG_6565.jpg

From above.

IMG_6569.jpg

Right wing.

IMG_6566.jpg

Left wing.

IMG_6567.jpg

Both.

IMG_6568.jpg

Here are the most special pieces from this vehicle. The windscreen is exclusive to this set.

IMG_6581.jpg

Two exclusive pieces from this set.

IMG_6584.jpg

Two nice smoke slope bricks.

IMG_6585.jpg

As seen earlier. Exclusive to this set.

IMG_6586.jpg

Zam Wesell inside the cockpit. I placed the rifle behind her because I didn't know where else to put it.

IMG_6572.jpgIMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6575.jpgIMG_6573.jpg

A look at the complete set.

IMG_6577.jpg

Price: 9/10 - It thought this was pretty cheap for two speeders with three great figs.

Parts: 9/10 - A lot of variety and lots of rare and exclusive parts.

Playability: 8/10 - A played a lot with it when I was younger.

Minifigs: 8/10 - Anakin and Obi-Wan look good and Zam Wesell (who is awesome) is only available in this set.

Final: 9/10 - As I said before, one of my favourite episode II sets and of LEGO Star Wars in general.

Edited by Mischa07

Great review :thumbup: . This is one of the few SW sets that actually broke the mold and become special (At least in my opinion) in the whole line. That because this is one of the very few civilian sets available in the SW line. The only other sets I can remember by now that are civilian themed are the Sandcrawler, Cloud City and Twin Pod Cloud Car.

Thanks for the great review.

Despite the fact that I do not like the original vehicles (too colourful for my own tastes), the LEGO versions are indeed a perfect rendition of them.

And the minifigs are 10/10. I like these old-style SW minis (with yellow heads) way more than the current ones.

Yet another Star Wars from which I'd love to have just the minifigs. Spaceships just don't do it for me, but the minifigs are very luscious!

But thanks for the very good, detailed review. :wink:

i love Zam;s two faces and anakins rats tail on his shirt. The two speeders are really well done and there quite movie accurate

I just love this little set! Nice build. Good selection of figs and a lot of exclusive, chrome and printed parts. Excellent review by the way.

DutchRebel

Even though I hated the movie, this set was just too good to pass up when I saw it on sale a couple of years ago. The vehicles are designed very well, even if I have since taken them apart. And the minifigs are excellent, especially Zam Wessel, who's human head is an excellent piece for harem scenes and such.

Edited by Alldarker

You know I've always wanted this set but never could find it decently priced on Ebay, really a great set! :thumbup:

Great review by the way!

I remeber when this set came out. I got it on my birthday. It wasnt my favorite but I still liked it a lot. Anyways. Good review.

Brilliant review, you have done justice to this greatly underrated set. I got it for around $70 US last year or the year before and it was definitely worth it, the quality is fantastic, printed pieces everywhere, chromed pieces and the brilliant Zam minifig.

This was my first set ever, I got it when it first came out for christmas in I beleive 2002. It got me into starwars lego. This set is amazing. Outstanding review

Edited by KimT
pic quote removed

Oh! sorry for adding all these pictures I didn't mean to press the buton :blush:

No problemo

You can always click the edit button to fix your post.

I've done it for you.

I never liked this set and still don't. The minifigs are good, but the rest isn't that interesting.

It's not a great scene in the film and Lego whise you can't link this set to any other sets.

I never liked this set and still don't. The minifigs are good, but the rest isn't that interesting.

It's not a great scene in the film and Lego whise you can't link this set to any other sets.

Wow, I can't disagree with you more, it's was a very entertaining scene in the movie and ties in very well. It works by itself, and I understand it's not a tie fighter but it's still a fun set. I think just because you can't play with it with every other LEGO set doesn't mean it's a bad set.

As for the review, the pictures look great, lots of views and very clear, I know this is like a half a year old but if the OP is still around, nice review!

I think it is a good review. The only downside in my opinon is all the pictures. I think it is to many.

You cover the same thing from so many angles in different pictures.

This comes out as very bad, but it is not. I think you should cut down the numbers of pictures and chose the once you really like the best.

You could easily cover the whole set with something around 20-30 pictures, not 90. Maybe I am the only one thinking so.

Other than that, it is really great.

To the set it self, if you don´t got it don´t do one of those famous "I wait until the price drops down on that Wattos Junkyard".

It never does!! :tongue:

I really love this set because of all the printed parts. They really got both of those ships very accurate.

Zam´s speeder is really a great set, and the figure as well.

What I have done with one of the versions of Zam is to put a Leia head on here.

On another version I put this merman head. It looks really good as well.

Ahem! This review is quite old, it just got bumped for a few set comments. :wink: