Sign in to follow this  
Righteous Squid

The Scarecrow's Fear Harvester vs The BatGlider

It was Halloween and the Professor was on his way to a party using an extra special wig as a costume.

sc2.jpg

Suddenly two girls ran towards him screaming. For just a moment he thought they were excited to see him, but he then realized that they were totally terrified – they were running from something. The Professor’s heart sank to the pit of his stomach – Something terrible must be coming and he was wearing his favorite wig.

sc3.jpg

Then a man, hopefully in a Halloween costume ran past. ‘Phew’ thought the professor, it’s a false alarm.

sc4.jpg

When he turned the corner, however, he realized that the man had been running in terror too.

sc5.jpg

sc7.jpg

sc9.jpg

sc8.jpg

sc10.jpg

sc13.jpg

sc12.jpg

sc15.jpg

sc16.jpg

Fortunately Batman was above testing his new glider and spotted the Harvester…

sc18.jpg

He immediately dove into action…

sc20.jpg

sc21.jpg

The scarecrow’s crow attacked, knocking Batman from the harvester…

sc22.jpg

“His eyes, my pretties, peck out his eyes!” screamed the Scaraecrow…

sc23.jpg

As Batman shrugged of the crows Scarecrow swung his scythe. Batman rolled just in time…

sc24.jpg

“I fear I cannot let you do this Scarecrow” said Batman forcing the Scarecrow towards the spinning blades of his Fear Harvester…

sc25.jpg

“No Batman, I fear that you must,” said the Scarecrow taking a canister of fear gas from his bag …

sc26.jpg

“My fear harvester will harvest the fear of Gotham, extracting the ‘fearamones’ of the terrified people from the air and turning it into a potent toxin that will bring this city to its knees…” laughed the Scarecrow, “Let me introduce you to my eight legged friends, with the toxin coursing through your body they will stimulate the deepest fears of your subconscious…”

sc27.jpg

“Arrrrghh… Nooo…get off me…” screamed Batman flapping his arms at the imaginary spiders that swarmed over him.

sc28.jpg

“Noooo… Mother…Father….”

sc29.jpg

“And now, your time has come to meet the reaper!” Scarecrow raised his scythe over the helpless Batman… Was this the end for Batman?

sc30.jpg

sc31.jpg

…thankfully not, here comes one bird not afraid of the Scarecrow.

sc32.jpg

In the meantime the professor was trapped in a nightmare of his own…

sc33.jpg

Many thanks to the penguin for his inspiring MOC and his permission to use the wonderful idea…

Enjoy and do feel free to comment…

sc1.jpg

Wow! That looks amazing! I like all the chains and the brown colors, as thats the color of the scarecrow. I also like that little mini scarecrow that you included. Well done!

Also, I like the beaten look of that hat, if that's what you were going for. Or, you just could have left that hat in the wrong place

You are welcome. ) :sweet:

It's always nice to see, that your MOCs inspire others to doing something great! )keep the nice work up! ) :classic::thumbup:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

I have been inspired just to make a minifig like that! The only question from me is how did you get the Johnny Thunder hat to be so mangled!

alexrider7

The best one yet Righteous Squid! Or atleast tied with the Mr Freeze Snow machine! I'll attack in order.:

Scarecrow's Fear Harvester:

Definitely one of the best things I've ever seen on the forum. You've certainly done a good job of taking Penguin's idea and really making it you're own beast. Literally, this thing is the definition of beast! It's so imposing, very nice use of those wheels for the front, what set did they come in? And man, oh man do I LOVE these details! The chains, scythes, crows (nice design by the way, do you mind if I copy?), skulls, fear gas containers etc, it looks so brilliant and most importantly: scary. The main design is genius too, like the little ladder and forward leaning cockpit. The fact that you used brown and tan only makes me love this more and more! I don't think I can fault it at all. It's really perfect!

Batman's Glider:

Another neat Batman creation! I really have to look into making Batman a glider. The design looks very clever but I can't see how it opens and closes the wings. Can ou please post a pic of the back?

And lastly I love the story here. Not only is Scarecrow suitably frightening and Batman suitably STILL whining about his parents, but those fear illusions are really nicely done, and I like that Robin saves the day. The best part was the Professor bits though, I love his favourite wig, and his worst nightmare was hilarious!

EDIT: And Scarecrow's hat is really cool too!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

sc1.jpg

When I saw this is your avatar picture, I could have sworn is was the movie Jeepers Creepers II.

(Intended as a compliment)

Did you chew on that fedora? It looks incredible! A great moc and story, there are so many things to like here. I really like the comic w/ batman and the fear. I think you deserve a moc expert tag but that isnt my alleyway.

Did you chew on that fedora? It looks incredible!

My thoughts exactly, but that's not a fedora. It's an old Adventures (Johnny Thunder) hat.

love your reviews, poor professor always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

nice harvester, it looks like the city one :thumbup: i like the chewed up hat for a straw effect :thumbup:

BTW, isnt Batman afraid of bats?

<spoiler (well sorta) dont highlight it if you didnt see batman begins

Edited by prateek

It's always nice to see, that your MOCs inspire others to doing something great! )keep the nice work up! ) :classic::thumbup:

Once again thanks. :thumbup:

Until I saw your MOC I hadn’t worked out what I was going to do for the Scarecrow that would do him justice (he is my favorite Batman villain after all, no offence intended to your good self of course). I really liked the biplane but it just didn’t seem to fit in my vision of Gotham, and it wasn't scary enough.

Also, I like the beaten look of that hat, if that's what you were going for. Or, you just could have left that hat in the wrong place
I have been inspired just to make a minifig like that! The only question from me is how did you get the Johnny Thunder hat to be so mangled!
Did you chew on that fedora? It looks incredible! A great moc and story, there are so many things to like here. I really like the comic w/ batman and the fear. I think you deserve a moc expert tag but that isnt my alleyway.
My thoughts exactly, but that's not a fedora. It's an old Adventures (Johnny Thunder) hat.

Sorry for the wait but I can now reveal the special secret technique for creating a scarecrow hat – nothing so barbaric as chewing – it took me a good year or so to teach my son not to chew Lego and was not about to undo all that effort.

Ingredients:

One Johnny thunder hat (I never did like them and have too many). Under no circumstances attempt this with a fedora or I will petition to have you banned from Eurobricks for gross indecency. :hmpf_bad:

Step one:

Mangle your Johnny Thunder hat with some wire cutters or similar. Do not worry if you make a mistake just mangle another one… :grin:

sl737122.jpg

Step two:

Put the mangled hat on scarecrows head. Simple as that.

That harvester is amazing, and nice story too :classic: .
Wow. That's really nice. As were the puns, and the harvester. :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

:thumbup:

Scarecrow's Fear Harvester:

Definitely one of the best things I've ever seen on the forum. You've certainly done a good job of taking Penguin's idea and really making it you're own beast. Literally, this thing is the definition of beast! It's so imposing, very nice use of those wheels for the front, what set did they come in? And man, oh man do I LOVE these details! The chains, scythes, crows (nice design by the way, do you mind if I copy?), skulls, fear gas containers etc, it looks so brilliant and most importantly: scary. The main design is genius too, like the little ladder and forward leaning cockpit. The fact that you used brown and tan only makes me love this more and more! I don't think I can fault it at all. It's really perfect!

Thanks Batbrick. The harvester is my favorite creation yet. I was once again amazed at what I was able to build with a limited supply of brown and tan that I thought were only odds and ends. As I started to add all the chains and blades I was worried I was getting carried away but I am pleased with the final result.

The wheels on the front used for the harvester blades are from the Skeleton Prison Carriage. I had bought four as parts packs and Army builders and didn’t know what I was going to do with so many wheels.

As always feel free to copy my ideas and designs (you don’t even need to ask). :thumbup:

Batman's Glider:

Another neat Batman creation! I really have to look into making Batman a glider. The design looks very clever but I can't see how it opens and closes the wings. Can ou please post a pic of the back?

You caught me out there. :blush:

I cheated for the sake of the story – I needed a low tech vehicle for Batman in this one and just built it quickly.

I actually used these pieces for the different wing positions:

g1.jpg

However, thoroughly chastened by your request I went back to the drawing board and came up with a working design which is also much more satisfying and actually very effective once you get Batman’s hands in the right position. It works with either the old binocular piece or the Star Wars one. My son loves it.

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

g6.jpg

g7.jpg

With the hinge you can of course use two black pieces. I just used grey and black for clarity in the photos.

And lastly I love the story here. Not only is Scarecrow suitably frightening and Batman suitably STILL whining about his parents, but those fear illusions are really nicely done, and I like that Robin saves the day. The best part was the Professor bits though, I love his favourite wig, and his worst nightmare was hilarious!

Thanks. I rather enjoyed parodying these Batman conventions. And I particularly enjoyed torturing the professor in this one. :tongue:

When I saw this is your avatar picture, I could have sworn is was the movie Jeepers Creepers II.

Thanks. I’m not sure why it looks a bit blurred. It looks very clear and crisp on the picture before I upload it.

love your reviews, poor professor always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thanks. :thumbup:

nice harvester, it looks like the city one :thumbup: i like the chewed up hat for a straw effect :thumbup:

BTW, isnt Batman afraid of bats?

In Batman Begins he is afraid of Bats but if I recall he overcomes that fear.

I don’t remember him being afraid of bats in any of the other iterations of Batman I have encountered.

Thanks Batbrick. The harvester is my favorite creation yet. I was once again amazed at what I was able to build with a limited supply of brown and tan that I thought were only odds and ends. As I started to add all the chains and blades I was worried I was getting carried away but I am pleased with the final result.

The wheels on the front used for the harvester blades are from the Skeleton Prison Carriage. I had bought four as parts packs and Army builders and didn’t know what I was going to do with so many wheels.

As always feel free to copy my ideas and designs (you don’t even need to ask). :thumbup:

That's perfectly okay Righteous Squid, even if it does take you a year and a half to reply :grin:

Thanks for the permission too, I don't want to copy too much, but a lot of your ideas I simply can't turn down.

Very nice job on the new Batglider, I'll be sure to make one. It looks so great in flight too! :thumbup:

One question though, do you take these creations apart or are they all together?

That's perfectly okay Righteous Squid, even if it does take you a year and a half to reply :grin:

Sorry I felt terrible it had taken so long. I don't like to make excuses but I have a full time job lecturing, a full time family (two kids aged 6 and nine months), a part time PhD, and a slow internet to contend with. I actually had the pictures taken along with Joker van and uploaded to Brickshelf within a matter of days but haven't been able to find the time to post. Still semester is finished in about two weeks - then theres just the marking to get out of the way. :cry_sad:

One question though, do you take these creations apart or are they all together?

They are still together and some over a year old now - apart from the occassional piece 'borrowed' from some models to complete another (I think my yellow car is the only model shown so far that has been substantially deconstructed, in that case for Penguin's duck so I'm not too sad)- I'm working on building up a Gotham over time and now plan to graduate to buildings. I imagine the process of collecting enough bricks will be slow.

Sorry I felt terrible it had taken so long. I don't like to make excuses but I have a full time job lecturing, a full time family (two kids aged 6 and nine months), a part time PhD, and a slow internet to contend with. I actually had the pictures taken along with Joker van and uploaded to Brickshelf within a matter of days but haven't been able to find the time to post. Still semester is finished in about two weeks - then theres just the marking to get out of the way. :cry_sad:

That's no excuse! :tongue:

Seriously though, that's perfectly fine, just post when you want otherwise you'll end up as crabby as I used to be when I posted!

They are still together and some over a year old now - apart from the occassional piece 'borrowed' from some models to complete another (I think my yellow car is the only model shown so far that has been substantially deconstructed, in that case for Penguin's duck so I'm not too sad)- I'm working on building up a Gotham over time and now plan to graduate to buildings. I imagine the process of collecting enough bricks will be slow.

Very nice! I hope to see some buildings from you eventually, but first you are totally taking a group photo of all your creations!

wow, not only was that fear harvester simply magnificent, but the storyline made me laugh, cry, and experience emotions that I have never felt before, simply awesome, give yourself a pat on the back.