Sign in to follow this  
Honeybee

Captain's Cabin entry

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 67a

Hey all, this is my first ever try at a moc of any kind. Ive been wanting to build something for a while now and i thought this contest would be a good place to start, plus there doesn'tg seem to be many women builders about. Any tips and advice will be welcome :pir-cry_happy:http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/105817

1237712988m_SPLASH.jpg

Very nice, but could I suggest that you insert images into your first post? It would draw more attention to the thread and show the MOC as it deserves to be - in a nice presented format. Also I suggest that you visit the Girls, stand up! thread so you can become part of the Eurobricks Ladies group.

But a very nice MOC, thanks for sharing and good luck in the contest!

Very nice entry !

I like the use of cristal ball as jar and how you did the ground.

I just suggest to you (if you can) to tile all the black studs around and above your MOC.

Otherwise, I like it!

This looks pretty good! Nice idea with the skeletons. There are lots of details everywhere.

What I like:

The ammount of details, there are so many!

The skeletons, nice idea.

The cabin itself looks great.

What could be improved:

The parrot on the wheel on the large barrel. It would be better to make a seperate parrot stand.

Overall, a very nice entry!

A very nice moc! I love how you made the floor, maybe you could use some old or dark brown for some more variety. Good luck!

You have a very good start on this Honeybee! (By the way, welcome to EB!)

One thing you have a plentiful amount of is fun interior design elements, like the angled table, keg, and the crystal balls. You did a great job with the SNOT floor as well.

Some improvement ideas:

1) I would definitely recommend deeplinking 2 more images to the post, so viewers don't have to click on a link to see them.

2) Writing a little back story for your entry would give more insight about your entry, like why are the minifigs skeletons for example.

3) The black brick wall might look better in brown if you have enough.

4) Your lantern on the left looks great, but I'm not a big fan of the red hand sticking out. I know it's meant to be a flame but I think leaving it bare might look better.

5) A minor point, putting some tiles on the front where there are studs showing would match the sleekness of the rest of your entry.

=====================================================

I think you did a superb job for a first MOC. You've incorporated lots of detail which is sometimes hard even for experienced builders.

Good work, and all the best for the contest! :monkey:

Looks very nice, something tellsme you were inspired by POTC... :pir-sweet:

Your images could be a bit sharper though, this could get you more votes as well.

Good luck! :thumbup:

that's a nice start for a first try ^^ I love how you used cristal balls as jar!

what I would suggest is to post a picture where we can see the entire moc, uncut, with some white background all around ( or digital or anything, but the moc mustn't be bigger than the picture I think ) , I think it adds a lot to the pictures! but that's just IMO ^^

I also thinks that for a small moc like this, 3 walls is too much, only 2 walls and take the pictures from a different angle of view should make it looks less "crushed" on itself, if you see what I mean ( sorry my English vocabulary is limited^^ )

anyway that's a great start and I really enjoyed it! :thumbup:

Good moc, nice, simple, maybe a bit dark with the walls, but hey, it's manned by skeleton pirates for a reason :pir-tongue: .

Possible improvement points:

1. The table could be a plate, or maybe 2, lower.

Good points:

1. Good "cluttered" look, lots of details.

2. The floor looks good, a much better use for those bricks than how they where use in the new BB ship.