How did you like this set?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Your rating choices

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding!!

I'm up at one in the morning listening to Eddie Izzard on Netflix, with sweaty palms holding the box trying to tell myself I should hold out till Xmas...I'll never make it...hehe

I'm in the same boat (!), I'm moving house so I have to be hold out until well after New Year (nooooooooooooooooo) :cry_sad:

I kept staring at the box so much, I'm burning holes into it!

Very nice review for a great set.

Really enjoyed building it.

Totally agree with the review.

Thanks for the review. After looking more closely at this set, I think it is actually one that I would like to get (would be the first in about 8 years for me!).

you can keep your BURPs and Castle walls.

Yeah! I wholeheartedly agree.

:sing: I want this set soooooo much, and this review has made it worse... NEED NEED NEED!

Seriously though, it is a great set, rare turkey awesome figs. The buildings when folded up look so cool!

Someone should buy 5 and make a whole town.. :devil:

EDIT:Oh, didn't read date, sorry for bumping mods :blush:

Edited by Scorpiox

I also just got this set, I was also VERY lucky that it was still available, and at the price of 100 euro's, it's a steal. If I ever have the money, I'll buy a second one, it's just too good to pass up.

Based my purchase partly on OP's review, so thanks !

From what I've seen, I might only 'mod' the two cows into not having studs on top, I really don't like those studs, they serve no purpose.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but it's just a very cool set. :)

EDIT: sorry for the late edit, but I think I need to clear the cow thing:

Cow's don't have studs [or anything like it] on top, and since there's no bull to 'mount' them [if there was, it would have articulated legs to justify the studs on top of the cow's back] the studs are there for nothing.

Edited by Phrea

Bought this set last week and built it yesterday. I really enjoyed the build and the finished set looks great. It's my first medieval set since coming back to LEGO and between this and the 2009 Pirates line I might just be a little tired of plain old City LEGO, which was always my theme of choice. There's just so much charm to these fantasy figures. I might pick up the new Kingdoms Mill Village Raid set as well. Not too hot on the current castle though. Bring back the raised baseplate!

my dad ordered me this set from LEGO Saturday night, it should be here tommorow with any luck xD

I am so excited for this one!

I have it MISB standing right next to me right now, just waiting for a special occation to finally open it and build this magical gem for the first time ever... even in the box, it's my favourite Castle set ever (and thus also my favourite LEGO set ever). :thumbup:

I have it MISB standing right next to me right now, just waiting for a special occation to finally open it and build this magical gem for the first time ever... even in the box, it's my favourite Castle set ever (and thus also my favourite LEGO set ever). :thumbup:

Same here, can't wait to finally build it some day. :laugh:

Same here, can't wait to finally build it some day. :laugh:

What better day than Friday the 13th?! Would've made today a very lucky day, for you two, at least.

What better day than Friday the 13th?! Would've made today a very lucky day, for you two, at least.

He true, but thankfully we'll have another 2-3 friday the 13th this year. :laugh:

I did choose to open a saved lego box yesterday though: The King's Castle. Not quite as sweet as MVV, but still pretty sweet. :classic:

I just finished building the King's Castle last night, and even though it was repetitive, I actually liked the outcome and the build. Especially the portcullis gate area. Very clever use of pieces, but unsightly way to lift the drawbridge.

As far as MMV goes. B-E-A-utiful set. I built that a few weeks ago. I really like the outcome there. Of course, as simple as the tree is, I love that the most. But the two buildings are beautiful. Not sure how realistic the medium blue building is in color, but the design is great.

I ordered this set a few days ago, thanks in large part to this awesome review and how highly everyone in this thread is rating it! It's out of stock at the moment but should ship (from TLC) near the end of the month. I'm just glad I managed to get my order in before this gorgeous set gets discontinued (whenever that happens!). :cry_happy:

I love the way these buildings open and close and the range of fun parts is really something else. Not to mention, I got it for $135 CAD which I think is a total steal! Also getting that sweet mini Sopwith Camel with my order :classic: .

When I was a kid the Castles theme was my #1 love. I'm so glad I could grab this set.

Yeah im thinking about ordering this set.. I have that Lego code for 10% off... this might be it!

I highly recommend this set. It's a great set. You only need to read this thread to see how great it is. Wouldn't hesitate too much longer on this, it may not be around much longer. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't buy this.

I'm starting to think of picking this set up, too. My LEGO store still has 'em, and now is a good time, since I could get the Mini-Sopwith Camel set, use the 10%, and get some VIP points. :sweet:

I always wanted this, and now might be the last time I can get it.

When I ordered mine the sales associate said this was one of their most popular sets and that it's been in production longer than is usual. So I'm kind of expecting it to be discontinued at any moment :cry_sad: .

The MMV is an extremely well-designed set with extravagant details. Excellent review of this amazing set, I Scream Clone. :sweet:

As this topic shows up again, I can tell you, I could not resist buying one, before it gets discontinued. The price/piece ratio is quite good, I think.

On other news, the DSS Dreaded Sticker Sheet had a kink and one sticker can't be used now properly. Did any of you try to get the DSS via Customer Service?

Edited by PsyKater