Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Sports Car

its all good except those 2x2 inverted slopes beside the wheels. they should be replaced by regular 2x2 bricks IMO. :classic:

Cool design :wink: but if I could make one criticism I thinks those wheels are a bit too small for that car, don't you think?

its all good except those 2x2 inverted slopes beside the wheels. they should be replaced by regular 2x2 bricks IMO. :classic:

Or even 1x2 technic bricks with trans orange 1x1 round plates on 'm as turnsignals?

Or even 1x2 technic bricks with trans orange 1x1 round plates on 'm as turnsignals?

thats good too, just any thing instead of the slope would do :classic:

Looking good so far :thumbup: . One thing I would suggest would be to base this off of a real car, then add personal details once you've finished the general design. You might think that a generic car like you have will do the trick, but trust me, it really helps to use pictures of a real one first. I also think that one thing you are missing is a front grille. If you do the grille well, it really adds something to the car. I can't wait to see what more you do, KUTGW!

I made some changes last night.

I took the advice of many and have added lights, a grill and alarm lights. I got rid of the inverted slopes and I'm wondering what to try to it next.

I did try to base my changes on cars from some (very old) Autotrader books but once again nothing specific.

EDIT: I have added wing mirrors and altered the hight of the windscreen (to fit the wing mirrors in) plus the added hight allowed me to put a dial plate without looking too naff. I'm looking for some parts to try to make it look even better.

Edited by Peppermint_M

You should have kept the inverted slopes in front, but turned them around so that the front was more streamlined. :wink:

Also, if the walls of this car are 1-thick bricks, that needs to be fixed. 8 studs wide is too wide for anything but a semi hauler.

If you need to seat two people side-by-side, use the piece #30149 (bricklink).

I use those in vintage and steampunk/dieselpunk MOCs so a modern day car ended up like that. I based the design off those of the Speed Racer cars and the scaling minifig to person so it sort of works. I'll post the new pictures tommorow.

1238357185m_SPLASH.jpg

Picture is link to MOCpages

There we go, new and improved sports car :classic:

that's much better :thumbup: is it just me, or is the front higher than the back?

The windscreen might raise it higher than the back, or it may be the dodgy angle i take photos in sometimes. I will have to check later.

The windscreen might raise it higher than the back, or it may be the dodgy angle i take photos in sometimes. I will have to check later.

it might be the camera angle. in the pic in the first post, it looked fine