Bossk

Mustafar Panning Droid

indexed.gif

Here is my vehicle contest entry . (Small category)

A Mustafar Panning Droid .

The Mustafar panning droid, also known as the droid lava , was a fifth-degree droid modified by the Techno Union from the Kalibac Industries information cataloging droid. These so-called panning droids operated on Mustafar, mining minerals from the planet's lava rivers.

Following the culmination of the Clone Wars, several panning droids bore witness to the duel between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. One droid, currently devoid of any particular task, set its photoreceptors on the duel as it progressed across precarious terrain, while another became more personally involved. Escaping from a fallen lava collection arm tumbling over a lavafall, Anakin leapt onto the carbonite head of a panning droid in order to pursue Kenobi. Anakin used the Force to override the droid's steering controls, distressing the unit enough to cause it to drop its collection bucket into the lava below.

During the reign of the Galactic Empire, panning droids saw continued service on Mustafar, particularly as part of a reclamation project helmed by the Tagge Company. (source: starwars.wikia)

Panning Droid :

Minifig : 1

Pieces : 17 (18 with the lava-resistant cauldron) /!\ : these parts are not parts of the MOC,they are the equivalent of transparent pieces (Clic)

26497a67025e5a52477db9dffdcfe01a20090315135846.jpg

86eee6a1d11695939d6351b0b57c8e6920090315140916.jpg

fc0d3b92344c98532b457a396dfb01ac20090315140916.jpg

8f557301233e51e820e1cdfa99654e8d20090315140916.jpg

d1d12b24149dc64c9805d16117eddf2c20090315140916.jpg

d7fc9ad5a1c3ff235bd3bb661da0cfaf20090315140916.jpg

9eb5076df81d01491cc2655570a9de4e20090315140917.jpg

More pics, when public : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=373698

Edited by KimT

:classic: Very nice. I love how you made it very accurate and custom. The diorama is unbelievablely good. Nice work!

Very nice entry Bossk. As soon as you told KimT you were going to submit something like this I figured it would be good. I wasn't mistaken. :grin: The only real gripe I have is the wooden "lava resistant cauldron". :tongue:

Very nice. It has a very nice and inventive built. A good replacement for the barrel would be a grey version of it.

The only real gripe I have is the wooden "lava resistant cauldron". :tongue:

I find that on starwars.wikia :hmpf_bad: . I think call it "lava barrel", barrel... is better than lava resistant cauldron :wacko:

Excellent. If only Lego made the parts in brown this MOC could possibly be better colour wise. The build looks great and is very accurate to the original design. Great work!

Is this even a vehicle? If it is, good work. I love the use of those small pieces :thumbup:

Also does the lava-resistant cauldron can really be held in the droids hands?

Yes he can held in his hand . It's a bit difficult to put it in, but yes he can held like that :

250px-Panning-droid_negtd.jpg

Is this even a vehicle?

I asked KimT if it's considering as a vehicle . He said me yes .

The droid is controlled by the Force .

I find that on starwars.wikia :hmpf_bad: . I think call it "lava barrel", barrel... is better than lava resistant cauldron :wacko:

I didn't mean the name. :tongue: I just meant that it was ironic that the lava resistant cauldron was represented by a wooden barrel lego element. Although, looking at the source material, it is the right colour.

I didn't mean the name. :tongue: I just meant that it was ironic that the lava resistant cauldron was represented by a wooden barrel lego element. Although, looking at the source material, it is the right colour.

No, actually, I think it is just the lighting. I still think it is a grey color.

Very nice! Quite accurate. I wouldn't know how to make it any better. But does this really qualify as a vehicle?

No, actually, I think it is just the lighting. I still think it is a grey color.

No, I meant the actual droid (he provided a picture) is brown. However, his is gray. But they don't make many of those parts in brown. Except for the bucket, its the right colour. :wink:

Very nice! Quite accurate. I wouldn't know how to make it any better. But does this really qualify as a vehicle?

Anakin used the force to control this droid and make it transport him. Thus qualifying this as a vehicle.

Well, that, and the fella in the santa hat said so. :grin:

I'm not quite sure if this is a vechicle, but it is an excellent work either way.

we should check with KimT on this.

As he mentioned earlier, he did ask me if this was considered a vehicle and I said yes.

End of checking :tongue:

nicely done Bossk ^^ I like how you did it, plus the scene you made is really cool ! :thumbup:

Edited by Guss

No further actions are needed for this entry.

All is as it should be :classic: