Sign in to follow this  
Sting

Favourite Imperial Faction!

What is your favorite Imperial Faction from Lego Pirates?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Imperial Faction from Lego Pirates?

• Soldiers (Bluecoats: 1989-1993)
    • Imperial Guards (Redcoats: 1992-1996)
    • Imperial Armada (Spanish: 1996-1997 :( )

I assure you that it is very easy to vote for the redcoats, because appear in more time than any other faction, plus have the support of the new ones

but the old one are hardly original :pirate_sad2:, because copied the bluecoats :pir_laugh2:, and most of the new ones could be made it in cheap plastic :pir-sceptic:, that is not a trouble at all :pirate_sad2:, but the hands with the yellow/lime green isn't great :pir-hmpf_bad:

the bluecoats could be nostalgic, but if you look closely, you could see the first clone army of TLG, many years before Star Wars :pir-vader:

We should recognize to the bluecoats the introduction of the Flintlock Musket :thumbup:, the eppaulettes :thumbup:, the shakos :thumbup: and the backpacks :thumbup:, but they stay short with the expressions of their faces :hmpf_bad:.

the old redcoats, don't introduced nothing new at all :pir_mad:, and the new ones, despite having new faces (with pupils on his eyes) and a new design on their backs and in their shakos, doesn't have backpacks :thumbdown:, and still been practicaly the same design

But the Armada... the smallest and bravest faction :pir-devil::thumbup:.

Like the islanders:kahuka:, The Armada :pir-devil: seems that doesn't had the full support of TLG, a few colections in a few years, but with the Armada, TLG introduce the morrion helmet, symbol of conquest and expansion:pir-sad2:, but also of exploration and adventure :pir_laugh2:; bearded faces :pir-devil::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:, with all the taste 16th century fashion, the shiny plate, that reminds me the movie The Mission (1986) (If you don't see it yet, I recomend it) and the colorfull ship, that before being built seems meaningless :pir_wacko:, but in the end is one of the most beatifull ship made from TLG :pir-wub:

I can bet now that you know for wich faction I'll vote?

Larga vida a la Armada!

Redcoats as always. If we didn't have them we couldn't have pirates. :pir-oh: Also the are the British navy and can take anything France or Spain can throw at them! :pir-classic:

Hey, I voted for the bluecoats :tongue:

Their coats are indefinitely cooler. :pir-tongue:

:pir-grin:I think its safe to say you all know where I stand.

<-----as of this post I have not changed out of my HALLOWEEN avatar. (a cheap Chinese plastic redcoat, with a magnifying glass to use on Lego...what could be scarier I ask?)

...and now that Im getting new camera equipment, and had some practice from this year, I am eagerly awaiting ToR III*.

(no seriously, as soon as a date is set Ill be starting a countdown and everything....)

*assuming the redcoats aren't too scared to come out and play

The Bluecoats are my favorite imperial faction. Probably because my first pirates sets were the Caribbean Clipper and Saber Island. Go Bluecoats!

I didn't buy any of the pirate's sets back in the "good old days" :hmpf_bad: so only have the one bluecoat I got from a friend, so am a red coat since it is the only faction I can fill a boat with although, personally I like the bluecoats better.

I voted for the Bluecoats, because their sets are the best. Eldorado Fortress :pir-wub:

Redcoats are just the best!

think about it...

redcoats are british right? ya they are

so when napoleon threatened to invade britain, the brits fought back -against the french AND the spanish- and won the napoleonic wars! :bonaparte::thumbdown:

:pir-wink:

yeah :cannon: