post-4709-1236907513.jpg

post-4709-1236907520.jpg

Back

post-4709-1236907535.jpg

Left

post-4709-1236907543.jpg

Right

Pieces: 462

Minifigs: 9(4 Rebel Troopers, 2 Hoth Troopers, Han Solo, Chewbacca, & Self-Destructing Scout Droid)

Armament: 2 Heavy fire linked laser cannons, 2 Medium fire linked laser cannons, 2 Concussion missile launchers, 2 Sub-machine laser guns.

Length: 12 Meters

Manufacturer: Yutrane Trackata

The T5-Beta Heavy Tank was largely based on the T4-B heavy tank (Wookieepedia), and was used by the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War. The plans were captured during a raid on an Aridus manufactoring plant, and was first unveiled on the ice planet in the Battle of Hoth. The Tanks were slow and heavy, but this fault was vastly offset by the fire-power.

This tank, when in a group, could bring the most powerful of the imperial forces crashing down, such as the TIE Mauler, 2-M Saber-class repulsor tank, and sometimes even AT-ATs. :vader::thumbdown:

Even with its massive punch, the Rebel Alliance was forced to limit its use, because of the expense to manufacture.

Better quality pictures are here.

Close-ups are here.

Feel free to comment, but creative criticism please.

Edited by KimT

But in the contest rules aren't you supposed to post 5 pictures?

I think he said he couldnt but yes, you will need to post 5 pictures to be qualified. This is a nice moc and idea but it could use some work. For instance, the base is very large but it has little detail. The turrets have great detail so it looks a bit inconsistent. Also, the cockpit seems a bit to small for the large frame, perhaps a larger one would improve it. Great start!

I've always wanted one of these in my army. A giant mobile base with canons! Perfect representation, and very creative! :thumbup:

Note: Edit undone.

Edited by Darth Legolas

EDIT: You can only have 5 minifigs in your entry... you might need to revise. :tongue:

I've always wanted one of these in my army. A giant mobile base with canons! Perfect representation, and very creative! :thumbup:

Not true my fellow rascal. In a large entry, you can have I think 15 plus minifigs.

Not true my fellow rascal. In a large entry, you can have I think 15 plus minifigs.

Actually, it's 25! :oh3: I'll go edit my edit. :laugh:

C: Large size vehicles

Design a vehicle with at least 401 pieces.

You must include a background story relating it to the Star Wars universe.

Max minifig count is 25.

I think he said he couldnt but yes, you will need to post 5 pictures to be qualified. This is a nice moc and idea but it could use some work. For instance, the base is very large but it has little detail. The turrets have great detail so it looks a bit inconsistent. Also, the cockpit seems a bit to small for the large frame, perhaps a larger one would improve it. Great start!

The cockpit was supposed to be small and sunken.

Note: Edit undone.

Thanks!!!

The cockpit was supposed to be small and sunken.

Actually, I looked at the picture and saw that proportionally, the cockpit is bigger compared to the large frame.

Actually, I looked at the picture and saw that proportionally, the cockpit is bigger compared to the large frame.

Yes, but that was the T4-B heavy tank. This is the T5-Beta heavy tank. See the difference?

Very nice MOC. The only improvement I would make would be to spice up the main body of the ship. Its just crying out for some detail/greebling.

Very nice MOC. The only improvement I would make would be to spice up the main body of the ship. Its just crying out for some detail/greebling.

Then...... Where whould you put it- if you were me? Please tell me, everyone!

Then...... Where whould you put it- if you were me? Please tell me, everyone!

Here is an idea. Just put snot and detail pieces everywhere you can.

Snot?

Studs Not On Top. You could use tiles to cover up the top surface for design or effects such as blast damage. Good work :thumbup: .

Not boogers, just flat pieces to give a smooth detail.

That wouldn't be SNOT, but just 'tile'-ing or 'tiling' (covering studs with tiles to smoothen the surface).

SNOT actually requires not having the studs 'on top' = pointing upwards :tongue:

Adding greebles and tiling might improve the chances for this MOC.

That wouldn't be SNOT, but just 'tile'-ing or 'tiling' (covering studs with tiles to smoothen the surface).

SNOT actually requires not having the studs 'on top' = pointing upwards :tongue:

Adding greebles and tiling might improve the chances for this MOC.

Really? I always called tiling snot... I guess I have much too learn.

Really? I always called tiling snot... I guess I have much too learn.

No problemo.

I've left a link for the Advanced Building Techniques in the Star Wars Forum Index (one of the pinned topics in the Star Wars Forum), there's a link to a pdf manual on Adv.Build.Tech. that I've learned a lot from.

No problemo.

I've left a link for the Advanced Building Techniques in the Star Wars Forum Index (one of the pinned topics in the Star Wars Forum), there's a link to a pdf manual on Adv.Build.Tech. that I've learned a lot from.

I know the other technices for snot, but I never knew that tiling didnt count. But essentially the studs are not on the top, they werent there to begin with :tongue:

Not boogers, just flat pieces to give a smooth detail.

PHEW!!! I was scared for a second there........

Actually, i'm working on a big project right now, and i have almost no pieces left..... I'll try to scrunge some up though...

No further actions are needed for this entry.

All is as it should be :classic: