Oky

Chrome Vader or Chrome Threepio?

Chrome Vader or Chrome Threepio?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose, which one would you prefer?

• Chrome Vader
    • Chrome C-3P0

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hello there! :classic: I'm sorry to create yet another topic about Chrome Vaders, but this question just popped into my head. There is an awesome contest over at (the new & improved) FBTB where the Second Prize winner has the choice of either a Chrome Vader or a Chrome Threepio, so I was thinking which one I would choose. Then, I wondered what everyone else would choose. So, please vote and tell us why you would prefer your choice.

I would prefer the Threepio. It would make more sense to have since C-3P0 is pretty shiny in the movies, but Vader isn't all that shiny. In fact, his suit looks like it's made out of plastic in the movies, so it makes sense to have a plastic Vader. Besides, the Threepio fig is older and more valuable than the Vader, and there is still a chance that Vader could come out of one of the sets I will purchase this year. :wink:

So what's your choice?

Ah...it's hard to choose, but I have to go with the chrome C-3PO. It is more valuable (and more rare), and he is actually supposed to be gold. Though, the thing is that chrome vaders come with a lightsaber, cape, and helmet (which means that there's 4 extra pieces in all).

EDIT: Also, the chrome 3PO's seem shinier than the chrome black...though there's never been a chrome black LEGO item before... :sceptic:

Edited by ILikePi

C3PO, because i have the chrome Vader.

Edited by DarthSion

Both are beautiful figures, each with it's own special new level of minifig accuracy never before seen, so that part is a tie.

However...

C-3P0 is long out of production and doesn't currently reside in my Home for Happy Minifigs. :cry_sad:

Chrome Vader is all kinds of awesome, but still out there. :sweet:

Doesn't seem like a hard choice.

I voted C3-PO without hesitation : Chrome Vador can still be found and doesn't look as great as the goldie chrome C3-PO

A chrome 3PO makes sence, I just mix him with my regular minifigs, a chrome Vader doesn't, even though he's cool aswell.

I say 3cpo. Only because the poor guy is metal. And that ugly yellow they use does no justice. :) The chome on Vader is nice from what I can see. Its black but the sheen is almost like looking at oil on water. has a slight rainbow effect. Looks neat.

C3-PO is awesome, but I think Vader is much more cool. He shines purple for goodness sake! :wub:

JD

At some point I'll merge this into the topic on the Chrome Vader minifig, so don't be alarmed when it "disappears" :laugh:

I guess I would go with the chrome Vader :vader: , I like Vader a whole lot more than C3-PO.

I had to vote for Threepio. I was lucky the other day and found a Vader in one of the sets I bought. Besides I think the Threepio makes more sense as he really is chrome in the movies. But I guess it is okay for Vader to get out the bling :grin: .

You know even though Vader is a more Iconic figure, I just had to go threepio. It makes more sense for it to be gold. Frankly when I look at a pic of a chrome vader online I can't tell the difference from the regular one except maybe a little glint, but when I see a shiny 3P0 wow its great!

C-3P0 because it looks more realistic and vader doesnt look quite as shiny in the pics.

Seeing they never made it into the UK, both.

in the spirit of the thread it'll be 3P0, i don't actually have any protocol droid minifigures

Well I would choose the chrome C3PO.

Because I have already 3 of the Vaders and just one C3PO. :grin:

~But both figures are really great~

'Bricks'

C-3PO all the way :thumbup: !!!! He looks better in chrome and also is makes more sense than Vader. I don´t think C-3PO is the best character they could have done in chrome :sadnew: , in my opinion that one is Jar Jar :tongue: (Just kidding :laugh: ).

Chrome Vader is very neat looking, and the figure is a good promotional, but doesn't it make more sense to have a gold threepio (who is actually gold in the movies) than a shiny Vader (who isn't shiny at all)? Plus, the new regular Vader looks much better than the old one, and more accurate than either the old or the chrome, while Threepio looks much better in chrome gold than in pearl gold or... yellow... :sick: