Sign in to follow this  
Teddy

MOC: Train Station

indexed.gif

Dear all,

this saturday I build a MOC for the community build. I tried to comply with the design rules as can be seen in Thrash his map.

Although, I'm not sure there was space reserved for this. :classic:

Any feedback and comments are welcome.

Kind regards,

Teddy

<Edit: I've made a minor update to the facade, an extra door and some additional windows at the top row just above the door. >

<Edit: Took some photos of the station with better lighting>

<Edit: used some software to edit the first photo>

00000dscf0920.jpgcorrelnr2.jpg

dscf0926nr2.jpg

dscf0922nr2.jpg

dscf0903nr2.jpg

dscf0907nr2.jpg

<minor update: tiled platform stripe. Night photos>

dscf0938nr22.jpg

dscf0939nr2.jpg

dscf0933nr2.jpg

<old studded stripe:>

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...dscf0904nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...dscf0905nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...dscf0906nr2.jpg

dscf0908nr2.jpg

dscf0909nr2.jpg

dscf0912nr2.jpg

dscf0914nr2.jpg

dscf0915nr2.jpg

old photos:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...n/0000main2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2332nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2333nt2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2334nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2327nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2330nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2336nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2347nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2348nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2341nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2342nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2343nr2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Johanvan...-09_2352nr2.jpg

Edited by Teddy

That's absolutely fantastic, Teddy. Very detailed inside and out! I love the alternating square and round plates for the columns, that's a great technique i've never seen before.

Laurie

Very nice, indeed. Has some very nice architectural touches, and I really like the lights on the street-side of the station. The interior could have needed an office-balcony or two, just to fill it up a little, but the way you've used the floor is exemplary.

May I suggest that you off-set the teeth-plates seen in fifth and sixth pictures with a half-a-stud to either side. That way you'll avoid the thick centrepiece you have now, which IMHO ruins the looks a little.

But very, very nice work you've done there.

Great work! :thumbup: (I wish I could build like that. :hmpf_bad:) You include so many interesting techniques.

Edited by Spyder

This train station is awesome looking, with that majestic tan facade. I am not sure if we are able to find a suitable spot inside Thrash's map as the curret numbers have not been determined by the building type, but I am very sure we are able to find a suitable spot for it. :grin:

Wow Teddy, That is one fantastic MOC!

I like all the little shops and kiosk's that you included, and I do hope that this gets included in the Community build!

I hope that this can still find it's way into the map, despite it might not being able to fit.

This is the most realistic train station I've ever seen :oh:

I like the 1x1 round plates near the roof :thumbup: it would look better if it were deeper but thats minor, so overall a pretty much flawless MOC!

Edited by prateek

Wow. This is so well done, perfectly capturing the feel of just such a train station. Think how great the Emerald Night would look rolling up behind this station. Simply awesome. :classic:

Teddy, your 'MOC Expert' special tag is somewhat an understatment. I think perhaps 'MOC Genius' would be more appropriate. This station is almost perfect in my eyes, only things I can recommend are:

• The white line at the side of the platform, see if you can't replace it with 1x'?' yellow tiles.
  • The red doors on the track side of the building look a little out of place. Would white look any better?

Other than that Teddy, I think this is a great MOC, and I think your efforts could be well spent on some more train MOCs in the future. (When you complete the Victory though.)

That's absolutely fantastic, Teddy. Very detailed inside and out! I love the alternating square and round plates for the columns, that's a great technique i've never seen before.

Laurie

Thanks SeaKing61,

you're too kind. :classic:

Very nice, indeed. Has some very nice architectural touches, and I really like the lights on the street-side of the station. The interior could have needed an office-balcony or two, just to fill it up a little, but the way you've used the floor is exemplary.

May I suggest that you off-set the teeth-plates seen in fifth and sixth pictures with a half-a-stud to either side. That way you'll avoid the thick centrepiece you have now, which IMHO ruins the looks a little.

But very, very nice work you've done there.

Thanks Freddie,

An office balcony... Have to think about it.

The centerpiece, I guess is a matter of taste. I like it as it is, I actually did it on purpose, but I can imagine you differ a bit.

Great work! (I wish I could build like that. ) You include so many interesting techniques.

Thanks Spyder,

Its a matter of stacking bricks and keep redoing everything untill you are satisfied with a part.

This train station is awesome looking, with that majestic tan facade. I am not sure if we are able to find a suitable spot inside Thrash's map as the curret numbers have not been determined by the building type, but I am very sure we are able to find a suitable spot for it.

Thanks WhiteFang,

I got a spot on the map. :cry_happy:

Wow Teddy, That is one fantastic MOC!

I like all the little shops and kiosk's that you included, and I do hope that this gets included in the Community build!

I hope that this can still find it's way into the map, despite it might not being able to fit.

Thanks for the compliment Bob the Construction Man,

yeah the map now needs some space for the rail track as well. Maybe it can run along the edge of the map. :classic:

But i dont want to go to the 9V, 12V, battery, metal/ plastic / middle-power rail discussion in regards to the map. :tongue:

This is the most realistic train station I've ever seen

I like the 1x1 round plates near the roof it would look better if it were deeper but thats minor, so overall a pretty much flawless MOC!

Thanks for the compliment prateek.

Wow. This is so well done, perfectly capturing the feel of just such a train station. Think how great the Emerald Night would look rolling up behind this station. Simply awesome.

Thanks mania3,

Can't wait for that set to hit the shelfs. :wub:

Great trainstation. Al those details .

Thanks for the compliment Panda9001100. :classic:

Teddy, your 'MOC Expert' special tag is somewhat an understatment. I think perhaps 'MOC Genius' would be more appropriate. This station is almost perfect in my eyes, only things I can recommend are:

The white line at the side of the platform, see if you can't replace it with 1x'?' yellow tiles.

The red doors on the track side of the building look a little out of place. Would white look any better?

Other than that Teddy, I think this is a great MOC, and I think your efforts could be well spent on some more train MOCs in the future. (When you complete the Victory though.)

Thanks Captain Zuloo,

MOC genius.. you're too kind. Although, to be honoust I feel there are better skilled MOCcers on the forum. :classic:

The white line... Hmm, thanks for the tip! :thumbup: I'm contemplating replacing them with tiles.

Here in the Netherlands the edge of the platform is often marked by a lighter/white line or an alternating white line slightly away form the edge, or both.

The red doors... I have a large stack of them in red, brown, rown, white and some other color, but they are hidden somewhere in a large pile. :tongue:

I chose red, because it made for an interesting color variation. Have to think about the other colors though. :classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

Teddy, this is an extraordinary moc! Everything about it gives it a realistic feel to it. I really like how you used the 1x1 teeth, good work as usual.

Great Job Teddy. This definatley deserves an Index. You're detailing is exremely well balanced. Lots of greebling, but you've preserved just enough "plain" space to bring balance to the structure. The turning of the lions inward works well, and your extensive use of round plates is tastefull and effective.

Wow! What a fanatsic MOC! :cry_happy:

The exterior (specially the front :wub: ) is really accurated and so realistic that it makes me remember some real Train Stations in Spain or France. :sweet: The interior is also perfectly done and makes you want to be a MF and take a train in this wonderful station :tongue::wink:

10/10 :thumbup:

I've already said it but I'll say it again: This station is fantastic!

I love all the details on it, and the interior completes it. Excellent stuff as usual Teddy!

That's a really great train station Teddy. :thumbup: As others have said, all of the details are fantastic.

It should be easy to fit it into the map.

For reference:

cityplan.jpg

As far as I can tell, your train station is 64x32, and each city block on my map is 64x64. As a result, there are a few different ways of incorporating it into the map:

1. Combined with the railroad tracks that will go behind it, it could easy take up a 64x64 spot, such a #53.

or

2. We could just add on a spot on the side, such as next to 53, where it can go. That way it would still be in the town but would have plenty of room for the rail system to go behind it.

If you guys want to see examples, I could probably edit the map to show what I mean...

The way the 64x64 blocks are divided was just my way of showing that they can be cut up any way the community wants. The amount of each size is by no means set in stone. In fact, I expect that the final arrangedment of modules within each 64x64 block will be quite different in the final map than it is in this one.

~Thrash

• The white line at the side of the platform, see if you can't replace it with 1x'?' yellow tiles.
  • The red doors on the track side of the building look a little out of place. Would white look any better?

I have to agree with all that Zuloo said and have to say that this is a great piece of work. Not sure what time zone you're in but I'm pretty sure that the clock's wrong... :tongue:

Brilliant MOC!

Cheers

Rog

Excellent MOC you've built here Teddy! This train station is very well built, one of the better ones I've seen with tons of detail both in the interior and on the exterior. Only thing to complete the MOC, maybe a pic with a train at the station would be neet for comparison. Great job on a great MOC! :thumbup:

Edited by OptimusPrime12380

Very Very nicely built ! Thank you so much fro sharing this wonderful station!

Loving the nice little drawers you can store your personal stuff in... But i'm not sure whether we should have the drawers in a train station?

but none-the-less, very beautifully built ! Loving the high ceiling that captures the essence of train stations! The wonderful ATM machine and benches for the minifigs to wait for the train on are beautiful! It even includes a nice store to buy some stuff! :thumbup:

Very nice train station ! Thanks again for sharing! :thumbup:

Dear all,

thanks for all the cool replies! :classic:

Teddy, this is an extraordinary moc! Everything about it gives it a realistic feel to it. I really like how you used the 1x1 teeth, good work as usual.

Thanks Natman8000. :classic:

Great Job Teddy. This definatley deserves an Index. You're detailing is exremely well balanced. Lots of greebling, but you've preserved just enough "plain" space to bring balance to the structure. The turning of the lions inward works well, and your extensive use of round plates is tastefull and effective.

Thanks Eilif,

it was quete tempting to put greebles on the empty space. But it would have been too cluttered. :tongue:

Wow! What a fanatsic MOC!

The exterior (specially the front ) is really accurated and so realistic that it makes me remember some real Train Stations in Spain or France. The interior is also perfectly done and makes you want to be a MF and take a train in this wonderful station

10/10

Thanks Blue Bard,

but you are a MF, it shows in your sigfig.

I've already said it but I'll say it again: This station is fantastic!

I love all the details on it, and the interior completes it. Excellent stuff as usual Teddy!

Thanks Aliencat.

That's a really great train station Teddy. As others have said, all of the details are fantastic.

It should be easy to fit it into the map.

For reference:

As far as I can tell, your train station is 64x32, and each city block on my map is 64x64. As a result, there are a few different ways of incorporating it into the map:

1. Combined with the railroad tracks that will go behind it, it could easy take up a 64x64 spot, such a #53.

or

2. We could just add on a spot on the side, such as next to 53, where it can go. That way it would still be in the town but would have plenty of room for the rail system to go behind it.

If you guys want to see examples, I could probably edit the map to show what I mean...

The way the 64x64 blocks are divided was just my way of showing that they can be cut up any way the community wants. The amount of each size is by no means set in stone. In fact, I expect that the final arrangedment of modules within each 64x64 block will be quite different in the final map than it is in this one.

~Thrash

Thanks Thrash,

I guess option 2 is the best. It would allow for some room for a rail system.

I have to agree with all that Zuloo said and have to say that this is a great piece of work. Not sure what time zone you're in but I'm pretty sure that the clock's wrong...

Brilliant MOC!

Cheers

Rog

thanks rriggs,

yeah the hands of the clock don't move... :sceptic:

So the time is only correct two times a day.

You build this on 1 saturday? Awesome work buddy!

I think a second perron with a glass roof over the tracks would look awesome with it.

Thanks CGH,

yeah in 1 saturday, I was inspired. :classic:

Oehhh add ons.. :wub:

That might be a good idea

Terriffic building with great architectural designs.

Thanks Wout.

Excellent MOC you've built here Teddy! This train station is very well built, one of the better ones I've seen with tons of detail both in the interior and on the exterior. Only thing to complete the MOC, maybe a pic with a train at the station would be neet for comparison. Great job on a great MOC!

Thanks OptimusPrime12380,

yeah I need a train now. I have to confince my girlfriend we need a track in the living room. :laugh:

Impressive!..

Most impressive!

Thanks 5150 Lego.

Very Very nicely built ! Thank you so much fro sharing this wonderful station!

Loving the nice little drawers you can store your personal stuff in... But i'm not sure whether we should have the drawers in a train station?

but none-the-less, very beautifully built ! Loving the high ceiling that captures the essence of train stations! The wonderful ATM machine and benches for the minifigs to wait for the train on are beautiful! It even includes a nice store to buy some stuff!

Very nice train station ! Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks Legofan,

the drawers are ment to be (hand) luggage lockers. with an electronic controller in the middle. Those are quete common here in the Netherlands to have in train stations.

You can put your luggage there when waiting for a transfer or for safe keeping and go shopping in the town.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Dear all,

I've made a minor update to the facade, an extra door and some additional windows at the top row above the door.

Kind regards,

Teddy

dscf0926nr2.jpg

Edited by Teddy

:pir-oh: WOW, that is big, I think you should make a comic of gangsters attacking the station :pir-tongue: .