Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Manor - Chapter Seven

chapter_seven.jpg

Lord Dragonator opens the draw and pulls out a cellphone and a single sheet of paper. Written on the sheet is the following:

Note: Remember to put away spare keys.

The detectives look at each other, wondering what they should do next...

Remember that to win the game you must answer the following four questions:

WHO committed the crime?

WHERE was the crime committed (which room)?

WHAT was the murder weapon?

WHY was he killed (motive)?

There is also the optional challenge of piecing together the events of the previous night. Try to find out as much detail as possible.

For the full list of rules, please click on the picture at the top of the page or follow this link.

Participants:

1. ImperialShadows - Peter Crawford; Lawyer

2. Sandy - Susan Greenwood; Receptionist

3. WhiteFang - Dr. Phillip Marshall; General Practitioner

4. Hinckley - Max Sinclair; Actor

5. Sir Dillon - Michael Dunne; CEO of Brick Plates

6. jipay - Bernard Knightly; President of the DHPT

7. ImperialScouts - Lieutenant John Spencer; Soldier

8. Sir Nadroj - Dermot Stephens; University Student

9. Mr. Mandalorian - Dr. Gregory Grimsworth; University Professor

10. TheBrickster - Anthony Blackwater; Private Detective - Deceased; Death by Chandelier

11. Erdbeereis1 - Chef Frederick Valentine; Chef

YES! :oh3:

*grabs the phone, checks recently dialed calls, then recently received calls, then orders pizza* PIZZA! :sweet:

Isn't it a little odd to keep a cellphone locked away, instead of on your person? Chester was one weird dude.

Peter grabs the phone and flips it open. The recently received calls box contains two numbers, one labelled "Anthony", and the other anonymous. The recently dialled calls box contains two numbers as well labelled "Architect" and "Anthony". Peter then calls for pizza.

Chester was one weird dude.

I concur.

Peter grabs the phone and flips it open. The recently received calls box contains two numbers, one labelled "Anthony", and the other anonymous. The recently dialled calls box contains two numbers as well labelled "Architect" and "Anthony". Peter then calls for pizza.

*dials the anonymous number to see who ... or what ... answers, then waits for pizza*

Peter dials the anonymous number, and a phone starts ringing amongst the detectives. This turns out to belong to Lieutenant Spencer...

Peter dials the anonymous number, and a phone starts ringing amongst the detectives. This turns out to belong to Lieutenant Spencer...

*thunder rumbles loudly in the background and the lights flicker for a moment as the music builds to a creepy climax*

He's doing it again.

Yeah, but it's always a little amusing.

I wasn't complaining.

You think they've figured it out yet?

Nah, I don't think they've got so much as a clue between the lot of 'em.

Silly humans. :laugh:

Excuse me. :sceptic: I mean, I wouldn't want to interrupt your show or anything, but some of us are trying to solve a murder here. :hmpf:

And wait for pizza. Where is that pizza? :angry:

No, that's not it. OH YES!

*points at Lt. Spencer*

How about you tell us just why it is that Creepy Chester was calling you shortly before his murder!

Which the hell one of us is Lt. Spencer?

I'd like to check the voice mail box.

The one you cracked the head over with the nightstand.

Care to take a look at the first post lazy bones? :tongue: I'd like to see what sort of ringtones Lord Chester had.

The voice mail box is empty; there are no messages. The ring tone is your standard phone ringing sound.

Okay, that was that.

Now let's head onwards, guys! Were we able to open the door downstairs with the keys we have yet?

Now let's head onwards, guys! Were we able to open the door downstairs with the keys we have yet?

A good question. We currently have two keys yet to find sources for. In terms of things still to be unlocked there are a couple of places. They are:

-the attic door

-the bedroom door

-the kitchen door

-the large cabinet in the dining room

Where would you like to go now? :classic:

Shall we go to the attic? I think we should covered everything from the top. What do the rest think? :grin:

Shall we go to the attic? I think we should covered everything from the top. What do the rest think? :grin:

I think we're standing in the bedroom, so let's try the bedroom door and if that doesn't work, the attic door.

I think we're standing in the bedroom, so let's try the bedroom door and if that doesn't work, the attic door.

Opps, I must be getting senile. :blush:

But we already tried to open the attic door with the keys we had, and neither of them fit.

I didn't remember any large cabinet left unopened, so now I'm really interested to see what we have missed there. So I suggest we head to the dining room.

Lord Dragonator opens the draw and pulls out a cellphone and a single sheet of paper. Written on the sheet is the following:

Note: Remember to put away spare keys.

Now, I wonder where Lord Chester would keep those spare keys...

I suggest we start from the beginning and get into that KITCHEN!

*points at Lt. Spencer*

How about you tell us just why it is that Creepy Chester was calling you shortly before his murder!

Lord Chester called me last night because he feared that this Red Dragon society he kept talking about in that call was going to get him that night. I agreed, but I was caught up with work in the military offices and before I could go there, I heard that he was dead. I only regret that I stayed in the offices instead of going to his aid.

But the dining room is on the way to the kitchen. Why can't we make a stop there?

Oh what the heck, I'll just go and check if any of the keys fit the cabinet by myself...

Now, I wonder where Lord Chester would keep those spare keys...

I suggest we start from the beginning and get into that KITCHEN!

Lord Chester called me last night because he feared that this Red Dragon society he kept talking about in that call was going to get him that night. I agreed, but I was caught up with work in the military offices and before I could go there, I heard that he was dead. I only regret that I stayed in the offices instead of going to his aid.

To correct myself, I meant that I heard he was missing.

Peter decides to try the two keys in the bedroom door. The long thin key fits this lock and the door swings open, leading out into the ballroom.

Miss Sandy grabs the remaining key, the small fat one, and heads for the dining room, with the other detectives in tow. There she walks over to the large oak cabinet in the middle of the south wall and tries the key in the locks on the draws. It too fits, and she unlocks them. The three cupboards underneath hold a collection of vases, serving dishes, tea sets, and plates. In the front of the right cupboard is a broken china plate.

The top three draws also have the same key hole. The left draw contains a pile of place mats and coasters, while the middle one contains a lot of silver cutlery. The right draw you find rather interesting. In it is a box labelled "spare keys". This box is lined with velvet and has indentations for the various keys. There are six indentations, however only four keys are actually in the box. They are labelled kitchen, bedroom, library drawer and bedroom drawer. The two empty indentations are labelled front door and ballroom cabinet.

Well, it seems we have finally found our kitchen key. The kitchen is currently the only place you have not yet visited, would you like to go down there now or look around here or somewhere else first?

In the front of the right cupboard is a broken china plate. [/i]

Let's hear about that, anything on it, how it appears to be broken, if all the pieces are still here, etc.

The two empty indentations are labelled front door and ballroom cabinet.[/i]

Now I know he's crazy. He has a spot for the ballroom cabinet key in the ballroom cabinet. Don't even try to sell me on the logic to that, the old geezer was a nutter.

Sounds like something Aluvar would do.

No it doesn't, he'd just lose it like he did that one during ... :look: ... who is Aluvar? :wacko:

Oooh, he was close there for a minute.

Well, it seems we have finally found our kitchen key. The kitchen is currently the only place you have not yet visited, would you like to go down there now or look around here or somewhere else first?

I'd like to know how I'm going to get that pizza at the front door. Fine, forget it, let's go to the kitchen, I'm starving. Chef, please prepare us something to eat!

*grabs all the keys* Never know when we might need another one of these to poke someone in the eye.

Oh Max, come here, I'd like to show you something! *looks around* Where is Max? It's like, he's missing or something! *oh2*

Peter takes a look at the broken plate. It is broken into three large pieces, which fit together nicely to make the whole plate, although there are a couple of small gaps where a small shard is missing. The plate matches those currently set on the table.

Now I know he's crazy. He has a spot for the ballroom cabinet key in the ballroom cabinet. Don't even try to sell me on the logic to that, the old geezer was a nutter.

Um, this is the dining room...

Oh Max, come here, I'd like to show you something! *looks around* Where is Max? It's like, he's missing or something! *oh2*

For that matter, where is Bernard? :look:

Um, this is the dining room...

Don't confuse me, I don't need the help. :wacko:

For that matter, where is Bernard? :look:

Oh no... someone is killing us off while we aren't looking! I know!

Vote: Willie Fangioli

Who?

Willie Fangioli!

Was that the one that was screwing around with the dragon freak's wife?

No no, that was Dickie.

Haha... Dickie.

Don't. :hmpf:

Fine, but I don't remember him.

You know, Agent Sky with a bleach job and Mutt jacket.

Oh, right! Why are we voting for him?

Things must be getting ... Grim. :laugh:

*the audience groans*

What audience? :oh:

(OOC: Just expect it to get worse, we've been locked up in this place for 17 weeks now, yet it's only been a night)

Oh no... someone is killing us off while we aren't looking! I know!

Oh great.. Someone grab me a bat, so I can hit him from before. He is going looney as we speaks. I am hungry...