Sign in to follow this  
---Vertea---

Certavus the mystic

p1020030.jpg

Here is my entry for the BS01 contest! I still have to figure out how the hell to enter, but I thought I'd show you guys just for kicks.

The wing looking things on his back actually fold down when not in combat and his shoulder armour can fold out to make him look more ferocious. I left out the thornax because he'd win a battle by blade alone.

Links to the rest of the shots of him:

His distant stance

The sun glancing off of his frozen armor

boring pose

challenge him if you dare

he looks at you and smells your fears and your last meal. Srsly-brush yo teeth!

I was happy to finally have a use for the Vahki eyes. :-)

Woah, that's some lighting! It really makes all those trans-blue parts work their worth! :thumbup:

I especially like the chestplate and wings, however the overall MOC looks like a Strakk with as many trans-blue parts as possible. Then again, that is the best way to make it look like an Iconix Glatorian, I suppose... :look:

Good luck in the contest though! :classic:

Off-MOC-topic: In the first few pictures, I think it's extremely bizarre that trans-orange looks trans-yellow under lots of lighting. I find that very interesting. :sweet:

I think the use of the Strakk helmet is going to hurt you. A unique helmet is key to making the MoC stand out, no matter how awesome the body.

You mean a plain helmet, Rayg? Strakk's helmet is unique: it only works for Strakk. That's why most people are (and smartly, I think) using Metus' helmet. It doesn't have too much personality.

~Bunda

As awesome and mystical as he looks with all the glowy translucent-ness, I really don't like the use of Strakk's helmet. It looks far too brutal and insufficiently wise.

You mean a plain helmet, Rayg? Strakk's helmet is unique: it only works for Strakk. That's why most people are (and smartly, I think) using Metus' helmet. It doesn't have too much personality.

~Bunda

IMO, the Metus mask is too Metus, and although it does have a less unique personality than the Strakk helmet, it still says Metus too much for me. Plus there's the storyline question as to why one of the most legendary and powerful Glatorian has the same mask as a simple Agori villager, or vice versa.

IMO, the Metus mask is too Metus, and although it does have a less unique personality than the Strakk helmet, it still says Metus too much for me. Plus there's the storyline question as to why one of the most legendary and powerful Glatorian has the same mask as a simple Agori villager, or vice versa.

Well, there's that question for any helmet you use, unless it's custom, and those don't usually look too good.

So it's a matter of choosing a mask that is generic enough to raise limited questions.

~Bunda

hm... Well it's far too late now-I've already entered... And I was working on a custom helm, but my whit and blue parts cache is very limited for that kind of thing.

I WAS going to try Metus' helm, but that's what everyone else did, so I chose Strakk's because it looks cool an dno one else has used it yet I think. Either way, there's no way I'm winning this one. I really should have put a tad more time into it.

Ah,well. At least there's next contest! :classic:

And thank you guys for all your comments- The best way to learn is from a mistake and this is one mistake I'll be damn sure to avoid! XD

Vertea, over and out! :classic:

Nice! You might want to flip the strakk helmet around, that would be interesting.(backwards)

How did you do the torso? I kisht want to steal that idea. :P

Nice! You might want to flip the strakk helmet around, that would be interesting.(backwards)

How did you do the torso? I kisht want to steal that idea. :P

I made Strakk's torso as usual, only the Phantoka angle connector shows at the back because both the torso and hips are placed further down and the hips held with a long blue pin. The Nocturn head is placed on using two of those pins that have a plus-socket at the top. It just fits that way and looks pretty cool. I plan to use this with carapar's head to make a brown figure.

Ah, thanks. I have Nocturns and Carapars heads. I plant to paint Carapar's red, and find the black and white mixed one from the toa terrain crawler.

I need a Strakk. >>

I plan to use this with carapar's head to make a brown figure.

Right about now we should be getting Bunda to remake your Certavus in brown. With great pieces comes great MOCing responsibility y'know.

Right about now we should be getting Bunda to remake your Certavus in brown. With great pieces comes great MOCing responsibility y'know.

Nuh-Uh! If anyone's gonna remake it, it's gonna be me!!!!! But it would still be pretty awesome to see Bunda use a design of mine. :)

We'll see! Good nocht, Eschovehren!

Nuh-Uh! If anyone's gonna remake it, it's gonna be me!!!!! But it would still be pretty awesome to see Bunda use a design of mine. :)

We'll see! Good nocht, Eschovehren!

He said that 'cause I have that gold/transblack Strakk helmet.

But I'm too lazy to do it. =P

~Bunda

He said that 'cause I have that gold/transblack Strakk helmet.

But I'm too lazy to do it. =P

~Bunda

Pwease? :blush:

Good lord no.

That thing is scary.

~Bunda

What if I kill that thing dead so that it doesn't ever hurt anyone again?

I would be most grateful :)

...Or you could send me a pic of the strakk helmet sos that I could photoshop it on my MOC. That way you don't have to build anything!

...Or you could let me borrow that mask for a little bit? :3 :D :0