Sign in to follow this  
Nimirdil

MOC: Trolley-Bus

indexed.gif V-LB-04D

I'm building town hall wiht communications, so I decided to make some means of transport and this is the result. It is trolley-bus. It is not based on some particular type, but inspired by some trolley-busses in my town. It will be part of my town hall diorama, which will be post here in time.

p1120445.jpg

p1120450.jpg

p1120458.jpg

In the middle section you can see an advertisement.

p1120469.jpg

More pics in my gallery.

Edited by Phred

Geat MOC, I really like the design and the window of the bus driver.

The bus driver is very nicely done and so are the colors you have chosen for this bus.

A big :thumbup: from me for this piece of art.

That's pretty awesome. Can we have a look at the inside? Pwetty pwease?

Great design! I specially like the driver part :thumbup:

Anyway, if I can make one citicism I think some train doors would improve the model :wink:

Hmm, I don't think train doors would work, but these probably would. When/If retrofitting those doors, may I suggest that you also use the old-style hinges to turn the hitch for the upper-half of the driver's window up side down. It'll require some extra height, but I suspect the doors will require it as well.

But a very nice and very classic-looking bus, Nimirdil! :thumbup:

I know that doors isn't very good, but classic house doors are too high and big. I can't build bus bigger, because it is going to be part of my town hall diorama and must fit the trolleys.

Usage of up side down hinges is good idea but it will be necessary to build bus higher, which I can't, or use red hinges (to fit red line), which I haven't.

The top doesn't lift off.

BTW thanx for for your comments.

What a wonderful idea! Looking at this one, I've decided to build a trolleybus for our town and am scouting the net for suitable reference models ;] Thanks ever so much for building such an inspiring MOC!!!

The first thing I thought when I saw the bus was also about the doors. I think having the guy standing right there is a little disconcerting to the viewer. I know I would be afraid to stand there. I bet you will think of something.

The design is really nice. I like the use of a hinge for the back window. Good color scheme too. Thanks for sharing.

I built a bus a few months ago, with opening doors. Perhaps its doors are suitable for your trolley bus as well.

Cheers,

Ralph