Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Morse

Canadian North Shore Regiment & The Fort Garry Horse

Very nice collection there. :thumbup:

How did you make the helmets? Is it just me or are they missing something important...weapons? :laugh:

ooooo :oh: i love the helms but the fact that they're fleshies bothers me for some strange reason... the tanks are cool too with the mixed greys :thumbup:

Helmets are made with sculpey, after cooked and hardened I took a couple leaves off of a plastic tree cut them down and glued them on with crazyglue. When thier weapons show up I'll post more pics. (eta 2-3 weeks) I've got another 35 soldiers or so planned along with a Churchill AVRE (Royal Engineers) a Centaur tank (Royal Marines) 3 LCA's, and maybe a LCI. With all of this I hope to make a fairly massive D-Day Juno Beach Nan Sector Diorama.

I don't often see Canadian WWII MOCs so this is a nice treat and a little different :sweet: . I think you've done an awsome job on the minifigs; their helmets are great. The vehicles are also pretty cool, and look great together. Only way I think you could improve these would be to add a Candian flag or symbol to them, although I forget what exactly it looked like as it was way different then the modern Canadain flag. I really hope you go through with it and complete a Juno beach diorama. Can't wait to see what you make next :classic: .

Well done! Your helmet design is wonderful. I gotta say, though, the lighting in that shot makes the comparison between dark gray and blay quite jarring. I wonder if I'm the only one who's still bitter about that, or have we all moved on now? :tongue:

Well done! Your helmet design is wonderful. I gotta say, though, the lighting in that shot makes the comparison between dark gray and blay quite jarring. I wonder if I'm the only one who's still bitter about that, or have we all moved on now? :tongue:

I wish they'd make both! Dark Grey is great for Allied vehicles and Dark Bley or Light Grey for Axis

3261127670_84d2e16026_m.jpg

wow the decals on the torso and the helmets are pretty accurate! great job there! The tanks are nicely built too!

wow the decals on the torso and the helmets are pretty accurate! great job there! The tanks are nicely built too!

Thanks! Also working on the Juno Beach Nan Sector defenses too.

3338827536_236cc8b41f.jpg

3337995315_7baa09964a.jpg

Very nicely done! You bring honor and recognition to our country's often overlooked feats. I can't wait for your Juno Beach diorama.

:thumbup:

Your Juno beach appears to be coming along quite nicely; the pillbox/tower looks very big and very strong. I can't wait to see it with Canadian troops storming the beach!

Nice to see a Canadian army, since most people don't think of Canada with WW2. I am actually reading a WW2 timeline book, very good IMO, and actually just finished D-Day, so I am appreciating this a lot.

Edit: The book's right in front of me, 3rd Canadian division correct?

jifel

Edited by jifel

A job well done, though I find it kind of funny to see an army of Canadian Henry Jones's. Cool tanks too. :thumbup: I like your idea if the binocular strap.

Edited by Darth Legolas

A job well done, though I find it kind of funny to see an army of Canadian Henry Jones's. Cool tanks too. :thumbup: I like your idea if the binocular strap.

I agree with Darth Rascalas about the Dr. H Jones SR. thing. You should also work on getting some new fleshie heads. But good work, I love dark tan.

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Henry Jones will soon be exiting the stage soon, working on brasso-ing the Henry Jones face right off and replacing it with a generic face. To order 100 fleshy heads (figure minimum 50 bucks) when I've got heads, albeit with Henrys faces on it, seems abit extreme, but I may have to if the new faces look wrong. The North Shore Regiment (New Brunswick) was part of the 8th Brigade of the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division. I hope to have the landing craft finished by end of March, the beach and water finished by April, the Beach defenses finshed by May, and part of the village and strong hold finished by June.

:pir-oh: I know that this is an old topic bu I have to say....THIS IS AWESOME :wub::pir-wub: . I see that you are in Fredeiction. I am in a little place just outside of St.John called Browns Flat.

Wow those are some great customs figs and the fort is amazing . So keep it up. Aslo im part candian A. :laugh: