Sign in to follow this  
def

MOC: Republic Interceptor

indexed.gif

I got all excited to build a full on MOC, and got the idea all planned out, and then realized what the contest was :blush: Anyway, this is much better than the first MOC I made, so I thought I'd post it.

The concept is a Republic Interceptor, a high-speed, highly maneuverable starfighter for clone troopers, specifically for complex dogfights, like in an area with heavy debris or an asteroid field. The ship is meant to have it's own high speed navigating computer since clones don't have the reaction time of a Jedi. Perhaps it is a clone starfighter? :hmpf:

Made entirely from an 8019 set except the round parts from a Droid Gunship

Plain view

img_0553.jpg

Swoosh view

img_0569.jpg

Others

img_0554.jpg

img_0555.jpg

img_0556.jpg

img_0557.jpg

Mildly greebled cockpit

img_0559.jpg

img_0560.jpg

Landing gear down

img_0561.jpg

and up

img_0564.jpg

img_0566.jpg

img_0567.jpg

img_0568.jpg

Comments or criticisms welcome, though I'll probably rip it apart soon to make a proper land vehicle.

I love the use of the round pieces. I would, perhaps, have prefered grey over the white pieces, but it's still very well done. The cockpit controls particularly.

It really looks like an agile little figter. :thumbup:

you cought the lines well I think.

Nice use of a hammer btw. Even the republic is starting to improvise I see :laugh:

Thats a brilliant little fighter and I love the colour scheme and overall shape, although I don't know why you didn't save it for later, I mean you never know what the next contest will be... :classic:

lol to your predicament :tongue: but this couldve easily won if it was legible for the contest :thumbup: i wish i had that republic gunship

Nice creation!

It looks like it would go great with the Republic Attack Shuttle (because of the color scheme of course). It would be cool if someone made a mod to the Attack Shuttle so that it can like hold that and drop it off like one of those dropships. :classic:

I don't know why, but to me it sorta looks like the alien strikecraft from 7693 ETX Alien Strike. :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

haha thats cool. I like the colour scheme and the curve at the back. The engine looks really good aswell. I good job def!!

Nice design. The best thing I think you can do with a SW ship is actually make working landing gear. So often the landing gear seems to be stuck on as an after thought. You did a great job building your ship with a nice tight design. It is interesting that you would think of using the round pieces to make the wings. I do not know of any Republic ships that are made in a circular design. That is more of a CIS design. Nice job though.

COOOOOL :thumbup: I like it especially the engines and the curved parts

it looks abit like Ani's ep 3 coruscant speeder which I would really like to see made... HINT.. HINT to people out there :wink::laugh:

Great job though :thumbup:

CommanderFox

COOOOOL :thumbup: I like it especially the engines and the curved parts

it looks abit like Ani's ep 3 coruscant speeder which I would really like to see made... HINT.. HINT to people out there :wink::laugh:

Great job though :thumbup:

CommanderFox

Your right it does....I would also like to see that