KinGanon

Venator MOC

indexed.gif

Recently I took apart my 7675 AT-TE for some parts for the SW Land Vehicle Contest. Well after a few failed attempts I finally gave up and started to do some random building. After a while I came across something that looked like a Venator. After some tweaking, greebling and building a stand(again entirely out of 7675, no extra pieces) I finished my model. So without further ado, I present my 7675 alternate model Venator!

First an overal shot of the ship:(notice the professional background :tongue: )

venator_overall.jpg

Next up is a top view

top_view.jpg

Now we flip the whole thing over to reveal a hangar area(I think thats what its called). This not only serves as a hangar, but a spot for the stand to insert into for display.

hangar.jpg

Here is a pic of the thrusters that move this thing across the galaxy!

thrusters.jpg

A profile view of the ship(note the stand actually rotates!)

side_view.jpg

And lastly another overall pic:

venator_overall_2.jpg

Well any questions/comments/donations? :tongue:

Very nice! Especially since you only used one set. The overall profile is very sleek, and the thrusters on the back are very well designed. Just curious, why didn't you enter this in the Star Wars vehicle contest? You'd have a great chance of winning!

Very nice! Especially since you only used one set. The overall profile is very sleek, and the thrusters on the back are very well designed. Just curious, why didn't you enter this in the Star Wars vehicle contest? You'd have a great chance of winning!

Its only for land based vehicles :cry_sad:

Edited by KinGanon

Its only for land based vehicles :cry_sad:

Awww.... thats awful. :cry_sad: Ask KimT if he'll make an exception for this awesome MOC. (although he is a stingy old coot) Just kidding! :tongue:

Yes but if he makes one exception he has to make one for everyone, then the contest would be out of hand. Anyway, nice MOC. Well done on making it out of 1 set, I like the mini side turret. Great work :thumbup: .

This is very interesing, It's cool that you were able to build this all out of the AT-TE! Though the thrusters are a bit numerous, this looks very nice! Great work!

This is well done KinGanon,

you're growing into being quite a well-skilled builder. :thumbup:

That Venator is truly impressive :wub:

Great work!

I also like to make MOCs just from one set only (it helps me keep track of parts :wink:) and this is a fine example. You've really captured the lines of the ship and the rotating stand is just brilliant. The side greebles are especially sweet.

thats awesometastic!! :thumbup: i also make "alternate models" for sets

Edited by prateek

Lovely! I never knew the AT-TE could be built this way, could you give us instructions so we could also make this ship of beauty?

Is the landing gear also made from the AT-TE's parts?

Yes I got 400 posts!

Edited by CommanderCody77

Lovely! I never knew the AT-TE could be built this way, could you give us instructions so we could also make this ship of beauty?

Is the landing gear also made from the AT-TE's parts?

Yes I got 400 posts!

I don't know if instructions could be possible(I built this randomly so I never thought of making it again, but I could try it.)

As for the stand(or landing gear as you call it) its also made from the AT-TE parts.

While this is a very creative MOC, and I hate to be really nit-picky, but this is about 90% accurate. The engines are hard to copy, so I'll give you that, but two guns are missing, no biggy. :tongue:

Great job! :thumbup:

I don't know if instructions could be possible(I built this randomly so I never thought of making it again, but I could try it.)

As for the stand(or landing gear as you call it) its also made from the AT-TE parts.

So are you going to make instructions?

Wow, so you are telling me this is built out of only pieces from the AT-TE?

You have done a great job.

May I suggest, taking some pics as you dismantle it, this will give you some rough instructions for keen members to have a crack at! (like me :grin: , I imagine KimT would be keen on some pics for indexing purposes too)

Anyway, great work on a very realistic Venator.

While this is a very creative MOC, and I hate to be really nit-picky, but this is about 90% accurate. The engines are hard to copy, so I'll give you that, but two guns are missing, no biggy. :tongue:

Great job! :thumbup:

adding to that the side wings are too long but still, no biggy :thumbup:

man thats real awesome. i like how its made from just 1 set. I think the best part about it is the engines or either the read parts and the stand. great work!

You are only 10??

This is a really great moc.

Not based on your age or so.

Just a great moc!

And you are 10??

-Ras-

Sorry I made a mistake on my profile(gotta fix that later :hmpf_bad: )

Anyway thanks for the positive feedback!

You are only 10??

What?! Only now I realize what KimT meant by "you're growing into being quite a well-skilled builder".

That makes it even more incredible. I know I didnt built models like that when I was young (a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away). But than again the lego wasnt as advanced as it is today and there wasnt internet. Actually my internet connection at home dates back to 2001. But now I'm babbling and going way off topic, sorry about that. I guess too astonished.

Anyways great work and will be expected more in the future!

What?! Only now I realize what KimT meant by "you're growing into being quite a well-skilled builder".

That makes it even more incredible. I know I didnt built models like that when I was young (a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away). But than again the lego wasnt as advanced as it is today and there wasnt internet. Actually my internet connection at home dates back to 2001. But now I'm babbling and going way off topic, sorry about that. I guess too astonished.

Anyways great work and will be expected more in the future!

Okay thanks for the comment but I am not 10, repeat I am not 10.(I'm 15)

Okay thanks for the comment but I am not 10, repeat I am not 10.(I'm 15)

Than your birthday in your profile is wrong... :tongue: