Sign in to follow this  
hopeso009

Jinrick-Shaw

indexed.gif

This jinrick-shaw seems to be first appeared in Star Wars Movie (ep2) while Anakin and Padme arrived Tatootine, then they took a "land-transport" of something like jinrick-shaw ...pull by a droid.

Here this is my try on building this "land transport" - jinrick-shaw

But actually I don't know what is its correct name... :tongue:

Front

_front.jpg

Right

_right.jpg

Left

_left.jpg

Rear

_rear.jpg

_top.jpg

Hyperlink to more pictures http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=371502

I guess a few minute show of this vehicle was enough for two mocs to be made.

Although I prefer the droid in your version, the "cart" is supposed to 2-person, and looks gap filled, if your MOC is what I think it is.

jifel

Very nice MOC indeed, state-of-the-art again :thumbup:

Wether or not the car is supposed to carry 2 persons is in my opinion irrelevant, thats up to the designer. I like the model very much, it's accurate. And I dont really understand what is ment by "looks gap filled", could you explain jiffel?

Damn.

I had a feeling someone else would do one. :sceptic:

This is pretty good, but i'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing :tongue:

BTW it's proper nameis a RIC-920 W/ Rickshaw :wink:

Wether or not the car is supposed to carry 2 persons is in my opinion irrelevant, thats up to the designer.

Agreed.

That's the freedom each artist (aka MOC'er) has and must have in a contest such as this one.

The pictures are perfect :thumbup: (razorsharp and as requested in the Contest Topic)

In my opinion, the model looks like a framework, with gaps in it. Still, it is very beatuful, just not necessarily accurate, but if you simply describe it as a "lighter, smaller, less expensive version" I wouldn't have a problem. It is a very good MoC, just not quite accurate.

jifel

Very nice, I think legoman also made one of these. The droid is very clever, and to scale as far as I can tell. However, despite what others say, I think that adding another seat for Padme would benefit your entry. Other than that, the rickshaw looks great. If you have any cloth that would fit on the canopy of the seat (such as the cloth from a Lego tent), that might look neat.

Very nice, I think legoman also made one of these. The droid is very clever, and to scale as far as I can tell. However, despite what others say, I think that adding another seat for Padme would benefit your entry. Other than that, the rickshaw looks great. If you have any cloth that would fit on the canopy of the seat (such as the cloth from a Lego tent), that might look neat.

Yes, both ideas would improve it for sure, IMO.

Again, a good MoC!

jifel

BTW it's proper nameis a RIC-920 W/ Rickshaw :wink:

Now I know the name, thanks

Sorry I didn't notice you did one...

This vehicle came to my mind at once after I read KimT contest rule...and I tried quite a bit of time testing to find the possible constructions. Finally I chose this one...because the size/scale seems to be closer

Sorry again.

The pictures are perfect :thumbup: (razorsharp and as requested in the Contest Topic)

Thanks KimT~~

My pictures always be sharp because I photo 5 times for one angle shot...and then choose from them...

Takes time but also save time, because I don't need to set up and pull my camera out again... :tongue:

For the rest of you, thanks

But I wonder "Can we critize on contest candidate's work?" <--this sounds weird to me if "yes".

Anyway Thanks~~

Now I know the name, thanks

Sorry I didn't notice you did one...

This vehicle came to my mind at once after I read KimT contest rule...and I tried quite a bit of time testing to find the possible constructions. Finally I chose this one...because the size/scale seems to be closer

Sorry again.

No problem... :classic: (It's funny, as soon as i saw what the contest was i also instantly thought of this... :grin: )

But just so you know, i am modifiying my droid, So please don't kill me if you think it looks like your's :tongue: (i was moding it before i saw your's :wink: )

I like! but one minor detail, can't you remove the 1x1 flat brich at the bottom of the droid? I know it's there for stability, but when he's attached to the thingies, doesn't the droid stand by itself? It just ruins the flow of the picture.

Edited by Bobskink

No further actions are needed for this entry.

All is as it should be :classic: