Sign in to follow this  
Aliencat

Power Functions Fork Lift

Hey guys,

This is my new Model Team MOC, a compact indoor forklift, that completely works with Power Functions.

Click the images for the full pictures.

thumb1-3.jpg

And a view from the back:

thumb2-3.jpg

It reaches quite high:

thumb3-3.jpg

And it fully works with Power Functions, remote controlled. It can drive back and forth, steer left and right, lift and lower the fork, and tip the lifting column forward and backward.

thumb4-1.jpg

Be sure to check out

of the model in action :)

And finally, here's the Brickshelf folder (don't worry, it's public).

I agree with Buttons - few builders are as diverse as you, due to the sheer cost of having "something of everything".

That is an excellent forklift, and like how you incorporated access to the linear actuator like it was an ordinary engine cover. Very clever! But last, but not least, packing in all that stuff into that compact package is an impressive feat in itself. Fantastic piece of work! :thumbup:

Excellent MOC, aliencat. It's much larger than it looks at first from those pictures. I thought you had a tiny remote at first!

Laurie

Great model. Both the appearance and functions are very nicely designed.

As the last poster said, for some reason it looks much smaller than it really is in that thumbnail. I only realized how big it was when I saw and recognized the wheels.

Edited by CP5670

Very cool. I love the detail inside and out. I especaily like the seat and controls. Very detailed. Nice to see functions with athstetics. Great job!

Great work!

I have been working on a forklift myself lately and spend an entire day on the extending-boom system without using the new studless beams. In the end it worked but was not able to lift even the smallest classic town car....

So I guess know how hard it is to make a functioning forklift that also looks good. Yours has all that.

A very clever idea: using the actuator deeply hidden within the model!

Nice video, I like the reactions of the cat to all the different functions....

:thumbup:

Edited by simonwillems

Great Job. Completely functional, yet you mangaged to make it look like a "regular" LEGO MOC, rather than the more typical skeletal appearance of most Tecnic MOCs. Have you tried sitting a tecnic figure or an action figure in the driver's seat?