Brickaholic

Eurobricks Community Build-Lego County

Post ideas here about the City Community Build. I\'m going to let everyone decide how to make the map.

Completed/Under Construction:

Jail--Zone 9--Brickaholic

Courthouse--Zone 8--Bob The Construction Man

Florist (Under Construction)--Zone 2--Asya & Bobby Otters

Train Station (Under Construction)--Zone 1--AgentRick57

Zone List:

Zone 1--32x32 with a maximum height of 3 storys. Railways Only. Maximum Brick Height 30 bricks.

Zone 2--16x16 with a maximum height of 2 storys. Commercial.* Maximum Brick Height 20 bricks.

Zone 3--16x32 with a maximum height of 3 storys. Commercial.* Maximum Brick Height 25 bricks.

Zone 4--32x32 with a maximum height of 5 storys. Commercial.* Maximum Brick Height 40 bricks.

Zone 5--64x64 with a maximum height of 20 storys. Commercial.* Maximum Brick Height 175 bricks.

Zone 6--32x32 with a maximum height of 3 storys. Residential. Maximum Brick Height 30 bricks.

Zone 7--16x32 with a maximum height of 2 storys. Residential. Maximum Brick Height 20 bricks.

Zone 8--16x32 with a maximum height of 2 storys. Government. Maximum Brick Height 20 bricks.

Zone 9--32x32 with a maximum height of 4 storys. Government. Maximum Brick Height 35 bricks.

Zone 10--64x64 with a maximum height of 20 storys. Government. Maximum Brick Height 200 bricks.

Rules:

Pick a zone.

Build a sidewalk.

We are using tiles to build the sidewalk.

The sidewalk will be 1 plate high.

When you build a sidewalk, it must be 5 wide.

The sidewalk must be dark gray or bley.

Building colors do not matter.

*Commercial Buildings may have apartments on 2nd to 20th storys where applicable.

Please post with what you will make because we don't want two people making the same thing! :classic:

Edited by Brickaholic

Hmmmm... I think you should let the community build the map, or setup a much more loose structure for people to build in. Perhaps just a standard to build off of road plates? 16x16 shops vs 32x32 houses, apartments, stations, etc. Just a simple standard that people could build in case a bunch of EBers ever meet at a conference they can bring their Town builds and just hook them right together. But, if you try to mirror the Castle Community Build exactly, it won't work. The Castle Community Build grew out of discussion and brainstorming. A new community build in Town would require going back to the very basics...

:oh: Ok. Then let's brainstorm because I want it to be like it... I'll let the community build our map. :wink:

EDIT: I think we should rename this topic to "Community Build Ideas". Just a thought...

Edited by Brickaholic

great idea but the people would have to all live kind of close to all get together?

if i could i soooo would

cb

They don't have to live close together. Not at all. We could build our community virtually and show off the things that would go together if they could. People could get great ideas for building their own cities or displays and there's always a possibility creations might come together at conventions...

I'll build the Courthouse.

I already have one anyway that needs to be reconstructed, so just tell me what Baseblate size to build on.

They don't have to live close together. Not at all. We could build our community virtually and show off the things that would go together if they could. People could get great ideas for building their own cities or displays and there's always a possibility creations might come together at conventions...

that is a great idea i am sooooo in i would love to build a vurtual train shed. just a question what digital program would we have to use. ( i really have to stop doing the soooooo thing it is really annoying at least i dont talk like that or sooooo i think)

that is a great idea i am sooooo in i would love to build a vurtual train shed. just a question what digital program would we have to use. ( i really have to stop doing the soooooo thing it is really annoying at least i dont talk like that or sooooo i think)

http://factory.lego.com/MyFactory/default.aspx

as sson as it up you can have a look (it took me 15 mins)

I'll build the Courthouse.

I already have one anyway that needs to be reconstructed, so just tell me what Baseblate size to build on.

32x32 would be best. But you can build it larger. :wink:

I guess the two of us could use this as an extra incentive to build the florist's then - we'd love to add that to our community's county. Is 16x16 OK for a shop?

Oh, and regarding the layout of the "county" - wouldn't it be better to wait and see who's willing to participate in this and what they're building for it, before actually working on a layout plan? I believe it will be much easier to accommodate the needs of buildings which have already been built and then use them as a reference for future expansions, instead of coming up with a plan and then filling the voids.

As to those conventions - as long as they're all taking place in the USA, guess you won't be seeing much of our buildings :(. We COULD fly over to a convention on the other side of the pond and meet up with you guys, but carrying MOCs along would be too much of a bother.

I guess the two of us could use this as an extra incentive to build the florist's then - we'd love to add that to our community's county. Is 16x16 OK for a shop?

Oh, and regarding the layout of the "county" - wouldn't it be better to wait and see who's willing to participate in this and what they're building for it, before actually working on a layout plan? I believe it will be much easier to accommodate the needs of buildings which have already been built and then use them as a reference for future expansions, instead of coming up with a plan and then filling the voids.

As to those conventions - as long as they're all taking place in the USA, guess you won't be seeing much of our buildings :(. We COULD fly over to a convention on the other side of the pond and meet up with you guys, but carrying MOCs along would be too much of a bother.

16X16 would be great! :pirate: The layout will come later, after we can get 20 people. :wink:

We could have restrictions by street like cities do. One block can't be higher than four stories on no greater than a 32x32 baseplate and the next block can be 10 stories up to 64 x 64, etc... bigger and smaller either way. Just the way they district downtowns in the US and other countries.

We could have restrictions by street like cities do. One block can't be higher than four stories on no greater than a 32x32 baseplate and the next block can be 10 stories up to 64 x 64, etc... bigger and smaller either way. Just the way they district downtowns in the US and other countries.

Yah, and then there'd be zoning change requests all over the place. :tongue:

I really like the idea of this, as I have commented on BH (my ID there is "Cuahchic"). I think doing it with people suggesting what they could build makes sense.

I am currently working on a large-scale "Space!" MOC, but I am hoping to finish this before the end of March. After this, I have a Town building planned so I could give you more indications of this closer to the time. But regardless of this, I'd like to take part!

The Courthouse will be in Zone 8, which means it can be 16x32 with a maximum height of 2 storys. the Flower Shop can be in Zone 2, which means it will be 16x16 with a maximum of 2 storys. See y'all later! :pirate:

Edited by Brickaholic

just wondering can it have trains as i have already posted but if lots of people post train mocs them we will have american trains, uk trains , french trains and so on ?

cb

Courthouse will be one floor, and It will only be 16 x 32 across.

Sorry.

Oeh,

this sounds exciting!

For the roads there are two options:

-1. Standard road plates

-2. Costum made roads.

I'm not sure which one to favor.

But if the build will be on the 32 x 32 standard I would suggest standard roadplates with a tiled pavement?

Allowing the facades to be build all the way on the front of the 32 x 32 base plates. If this is desirable ofcourse.

If the choice would be to use the Cafe Corner standard then custum made roads might be preferable to prevent the pavements from becomming huge.

Just my two cents for now.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

After much consideration, I think we should make them Cafe Corner style. :sweet:

Maybe that is the best option, but I haven't given it much thought yet.

We could ask a nice admin to put up a poll to see what is the most popular option? :classic:

Also because I'm not aware if most people adher to the Cafe Corner style or use roadplates.

And it would be nice if we could hook up as many people as possible. :classic:

<edit: Buildings at a community gathering that is> :tongue:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

I wanted to get everyone here involved. Are there any nice admins around? I didn't think there are any. :tongue: I'll find an admin to do it.

Edited by Brickaholic

What if we build in accordance with Hinckley's TIP MOCs; The Hinckley Brewery and The Auto Mechanic? I already have two models in the works in that standard, so what do you guys think? Of course we should ask Hinckley first.

Personally, I think the more people who can connect the better.

Maybe we can come up with a layout that has both?