Darth Legolas

Now its all too confusing!

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

So in 2007, it was set in stone that all light clear translucent pieces were "invisible," and not really there, so they could be used to make things hover like the STAP, and dark translucent pieces were windows and windshields. (For Star Wars only, completely different with other things like Indy Jones.)

But now, suddenly this year, we have Count Dooku's speeder with an "invisible" monitor, which would be a tad bit weird to add a random invisible piece. :tongue: And also, in the Anakin's CW Y-wing set, we have a light translucent bubble.

So now, why did we make the sudden change back? Is it cheaper or easier? Or are we supposed to use our imaginations to destinct invisible pieces from dark translucent in the world of Star Wars?

I had no idea such a statement was made.

Personally I am glad they skipped using the trans-dark colour for cockpits and stuff like that.

I prefer the trans-clear anytime and I don't think it'll be a problem to distinguish between invisible and windscreen.

I am talking about sets from 2007 up. And they never made a statement, but since then until now they have only used dark translucent for cockpits. :tongue:

Does it actually matter? They've changed it because they wanted to, or to cut costs.

Edited by simonjedi

Does it actually matter? They've changed it because they wanted to, or to cut costs.

Or both. I personally prefer Trans-Clear though.

Hate to go against the grain, but I like the trans-dark cockpit covers/windscreens better. Particularly in Star Wars, they give the sets a lot more of a "spacey" look somehow.

Too confusing?? How do you even know that they even made that rule? :tongue:

BTW, you make a lot of threads :angry:

Haha! Just kidding! But you kinda do. :oh:

Too confusing?? How do you even know that they even made that rule? :tongue:

BTW, you make a lot of threads :angry:

Haha! Just kidding! But you kinda do. :oh:

Hey! Your sig is a quote from KimT about my topic! :tongue: I know... I guess I like posting or something...

But it still seems a little weird TLG would start and stop.

It doesn't really matter to me what color the cockpit is, but I do have a slight preferance for the darker cockpits.