Sign in to follow this  
Infomaniac

The Old Ivy Tower Garrison

indexed.gif

The Old Ivy Tower Garrison

castle_-_19.jpg

castle_-_04.jpg

The Old Ivy Tower has been used as a base of operations for the Sea Dragons for 500+ years.

The island was chosen for its close proximity to major trading ports and supply of fresh water.

castle_-_13.jpg

castle_-_17.jpg

The tower itself is built on the rocky cliff on the southern edge of the island

castle_-_20.jpg

The soldiers are rarely threatened and this is mainly an outpost for veterans

castle_-_16.jpg

Still, it can't hurt to practice

castle_-_15.jpg

A few details...

details_-_13.jpgdetails_-_03.jpgdetails_-_06.jpgdetails_-_02.jpgdetails_-_12.jpgdetails_-_04.jpg

Links:

Brickshelf

Flickr

Comments Appreciated

Thank Ye

Wow, it looks amazing! love the rock you made(SNOT)! The only flaw is probly the stream or waterfall thing. but great work anyways.

This is very good! Loads of detail and nice SNOT techniques, I like the docks, the rocks and the tower the most. Especially the shield decorations on the walls are very nice. :thumbup:

I'm also a big fan of the fresh water supply on the island.

Kudos on the great design of the tower. Lots of nice side on brick techniques and SNOT are evident. I was a shame the one exposed side of the water was the focal point/best side to photograph, but otherwise this is a great creation and I will definitely study and possible replicate some of the moves you have pulled. :laugh:

Cheers

PS feel free to submit something for the CCB comp at the top of the H & A page too, we would love to see what you can create for that.

A neat creation full of charm. The rock platform is very well done, and the tower looks worn and past its prime. The checkered patterns on the walls are a fine touch, and breaks up the greys nicely.

The spring is the only thing I dislike. As the water runs, it would cut a path through the rock; having it going up and over the terrain appears strange. The dock also looks a little off to me. Perhaps something built sideways on headlights like [this] could look better?

Very nice concept and MOC. Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the crests on display...

God Bless,

Nathan

Great stuff!

Awesome work on those rocks and the rest of the landscape. The tower's shape is also nice :)