KimT

Watto's Junkyard Discussion

The podracer contest is a great idea, we'll keep that in mind for future contests.

The one to come has more or less been decided when it comes to type of contest and categories :tongue:

Keep sharing your thoughts and ideas, afterall you guys are the ones to participate and not us. :thumbup:

The podracer contest is a great idea, we'll keep that in mind for future contests.

The one to come has more or less been decided when it comes to type of contest and categories :tongue:

Keep sharing your thoughts and ideas, afterall you guys are the ones to participate and not us. :thumbup:

Is that to say you have you picked out already?

Yes, Judging by that yes.

Also what about some sort of star wars work contest? Like Vader works in an office cubicle or Luke is a plumber or something?

Also what about some sort of star wars work contest? Like Vader works in an office cubicle or Luke is a plumber or something?

Oh yeah... FORCE PLUMB! :tongue:

Oh yeah... FORCE PLUMB! :tongue:

Hehe, that would be another idea for a contest; to make a vig showing the most creative use of the force! :tongue:

I just had another great idea! You know how we are totally overdue for a Star Wars chess set? Well, how about we have contest to build one? That way we could show TLC how much potential there is in such a set! It could be based on any of the Episodes or the Clone Wars, or even maybe the EU! I know, there isn't much building involved, but if you make it as detailed as the large Castle Chess Set, we could see some really cool creations! :sweet:

Edit: Here's another one: A Padme Contest! :laugh: She's one of the most important characters in SW, and we've only gotten one yellow minifig of her in handmaiden disguise! So let's show TLC how much we need her by building a scene that includes Padme! Entrants can use any brown-haird female to take her place.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yes, Judging by that yes.

I love that ideaa, Jedi and sith using the force in everyday situations.

Hehe, that would be another idea for a contest; to make a vig showing the most creative use of the force! :tongue:

I just had another great idea! You know how we are totally overdue for a Star Wars chess set? Well, how about we have contest to build one? That way we could show TLC how much potential there is in such a set! It could be based on any of the Episodes or the Clone Wars, or even maybe the EU! I know, there isn't much building involved, but if you make it as detailed as the large Castle Chess Set, we could see some really cool creations! :sweet:

Edit: Here's another one: A Padme Contest! :laugh: She's one of the most important characters in SW, and we've only gotten one yellow minifig of her in handmaiden disguise! So let's show TLC how much we need her by building a scene that includes Padme! Entrants can use any brown-haird female to take her place.

Drat- I just took apart my home-made Starwars Chess set. I knew I should have taken pics...

A Padme contest would be intresting.I've been trying hard to make a perfect fig out of pre-made torso parts, but I can't get the right look. This should be nice.

I've been trying hard to make a perfect fig out of pre-made torso parts, but I can't get the right look.

Maybe it's because she looks different every time we see her, especially in The Clone Wars. :tongue:

Anyone remember the Household Item Contest? Well, I was thinking, why don't we have a similar one, but with a Star Wars twist? The rules would be almost the same:

1. Your entry must be something that is useful in real life.

2. It must be made of 100% Lego.

3. It must be Star Wars themed.

It would be almost like a "Design Your Own Lego Star Wars Fan Merchandise" contest. And yes, that would include Star Wars chess sets and other board games as well. :wink:

I just thought of something: Lego Iego!

Everyone makes an enviroment for one of the thousand of moons surrounding Iego, and then they get voted on. Simple.

Is it just me, or has the "recently updated" Contest Index mysteriously disappeared? :wacko:

"Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is. Only a Jedi could have erased those files. But who, and why, harder to answer. Meditate on this I will." :yoda:

Is it just me, or has the "recently updated" Contest Index mysteriously disappeared? :wacko:

"Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is. Only a Jedi could have erased those files. But who, and why, harder to answer. Meditate on this I will." :yoda:

No, it just got pinned.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42631

No, it just got pinned.

I'm sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I was talking about the Watto's Junkyard Index- it's showing up blank for me.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooo!

:blush:

Now I have to redo the entire thing.

What the heck did I do??!

I know the last contest isn't even over yet, but here are some more ideas to consider for the next one:

A SW impulse contest - Basically like the Battle Pack contest, but for impulse sets. I know there already was an inter-theme impulse contest two years ago, but there were only a couple of SW entries, and the potential for SW impulses wasn't even nearly reached in my opinion.

A "Build the Clone Wars" contest - Build one of the new vehicles from the CW cartoons that haven't been made into a set yet. Entrants could use def's "Rewatching the CW" thread as a reference for what to build. Vehicles from the 2D clone wars cartoon could be included as well for variety's sake. Perhaps this could get some more people interested in the CW, maybe even you, Kim! :laugh:

A "Build the Clone Wars" contest - Build one of the new vehicles from the CW cartoons that haven't been made into a set yet. Entrants could use def's "Rewatching the CW" thread as a reference for what to build. Vehicles from the 2D clone wars cartoon could be included as well for variety's sake. Perhaps this could get some more people interested in the CW, maybe even you, Kim! default_laugh_new.gif

Well there are thousands of options of that contest....

I know the last contest isn't even over yet, but here are some more ideas to consider for the next one:

A SW impulse contest - Basically like the Battle Pack contest, but for impulse sets. I know there already was an inter-theme impulse contest two years ago, but there were only a couple of SW entries, and the potential for SW impulses wasn't even nearly reached in my opinion.

A "Build the Clone Wars" contest - Build one of the new vehicles from the CW cartoons that haven't been made into a set yet. Entrants could use def's "Rewatching the CW" thread as a reference for what to build. Vehicles from the 2D clone wars cartoon could be included as well for variety's sake. Perhaps this could get some more people interested in the CW, maybe even you, Kim! :laugh:

I like the idea of a Star Wars Impulse contest - much like the BP contest we had.

Not sure about the CW Vehicle Contest - it might prove difficult to verify the different entries, unless the members know how to copy a still picture from a DVD to a digital version...

I like the idea of a Star Wars Impulse contest - much like the BP contest we had.

Not sure about the CW Vehicle Contest - it might prove difficult to verify the different entries, unless the members know how to copy a still picture from a DVD to a digital version...

Or maybe small sets like the Final Duel and Jedi Defense duets?

Why would they need to do that? There are the pics from def's thread, and there's Wookieepedia (which has pics of most of the vehicles), and there are certain other *coughillegalcough* ways to get screenshots. :wink: I think that would be the least of the problems.

Or maybe small sets like the Final Duel and Jedi Defense duets?

Well, those sets are from back in the day when TLC used to be so generous to put multiple minifigs into impulse sets, but now impulse sets only have one fig, so it would be inappropriate to have a contest for designing sets like that nowadays in my opinion. Besides, it's more challenging making a set based around a single fig. :wink:

Well, those sets are from back in the day when TLC used to be so generous to put multiple minifigs into impulse sets, but now impulse sets only have one fig, so it would be inappropriate to have a contest for designing sets like that nowadays in my opinion. Besides, it's more challenging making a set based around a single fig. :wink:

I don't know if I'd call them "impulse" because they were $6.

Why would they need to do that? There are the pics from def's thread, and there's Wookieepedia (which has pics of most of the vehicles), and there are certain other *coughillegalcough* ways to get screenshots. :wink: I think that would be the least of the problems.

You do make a fair point there.

I'll keep this in mind when we get around to designing our next Star Wars Contest.

I don't know if I'd call them "impulse" because they were $6.

Yah, those are rip-offs.

While not necessarily Star Wars-y, I've always thought that a contest based around utilizing hard to use pieces would be fun. My idea is to assemble a list of 20-25 parts, and stipulate that the MOC must use at least 5 of the parts on the list. The parts must be photographable on the final model - no fair burying them in the interior where no one can verify that they are there.

When I say hard to use parts, I'm thinking about things like the rubber band holders, not huge pieces like these massive panels (although that could be fun, too :devil: ).

While not necessarily Star Wars-y, I've always thought that a contest based around utilizing hard to use pieces would be fun. My idea is to assemble a list of 20-25 parts, and stipulate that the MOC must use at least 5 of the parts on the list. The parts must be photographable on the final model - no fair burying them in the interior where no one can verify that they are there.

When I say hard to use parts, I'm thinking about things like the rubber band holders, not huge pieces like these massive panels (although that could be fun, too :devil: ).

That would be funny. On Chris Doyle's Reasonably Clever site, he ran a contest demonstrating the best use of handcarts. :laugh:

Hehe, yeah, we could choose a strange starwarsy part that is somewhat common, like an SBD body or a TIE canopy.

Also a funny idea: A "What Not To Do With a Lightsaber" vignette contest. :laugh: