Mister Phes

Do you find the Pirate Indexes useful?

Tell us. Your life depends on it  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the Pirate Indexes useful?

• Yes, absolutely
    • I check them once in a while
    • No, not ever!
    • Ummm, what indexes are you talking about?

I find it useful for finding MOC's, reviews, and such. Its very well organized and it must have taken a while to make. Great job on it! :classic:

I fail to see how my answer to this will determine if I'll live or die but...

I voted "Yes". The Pirate Indexes are a great way to find an old MOC that you sorta remember and want to see a technique, or a way to just enjoy different MOCs. And the libraries etc, WOW!

All in all, the Piratical Indexes are something that makes Classic-Pirates.com unique from other fansites and forums. Well done to all who compiled them.

I think they are very useful, it is very easy to search a turtorial, review or a particular MOC. I browse the indexes quite much for inspiration and handy building techniques.

In short: I'm glad there are indexes! :pir-blush:

I use them occasionally, mainly looking for MOCs or recently I've been looking at reviews for some of the new sets and have found the indexes very useful. I don't venture into the pirate forum every day, but I do find them useful when I am here

Laurie

Im very glad that we have have this new option, it helps keep the place neat rather than cluttered :pir-wink:

I think the Pirate Indexes are useful indeed because if you ever wanted to find one of your old MOC's you can't find, or just wanted to browse to see what other people have made. I honestly think the Pirates Forum has the best index compared to the Star Wars Forum.

To clarify the question, please take into account that these indexes take time to maintain. Do you think the staff should spend time on other issues, or are the indexes an important part of the Pirate forum?

I voted "Yes." I use them on a daily basis.

To clarify the question, please take into account that these indexes take time to maintain. Do you think the staff should spend time on other issues, or are the indexes an important part of the Pirate forum?

If this is the issue, perhaps Shipyard workers can focus on maintaing this kind of thing while the staff works on issues that may be considered more important?

I think they are a vital part of the forum. I've used the MOC index many times to study ship techniques and such, and the review index and others are great as well.

I voted yes, absolutely.

I only like 3 kinds of indices... tutorials, decals, reviews. I think most people will vote yes, but only because they think it's better to have something than not to, even if they don't use it. The real test is views. If it isn't getting big views, it isn't worth the effort.

I think most people will vote yes, but only because they think it's better to have something than not to, even if they don't use it.

That's why I added my clarification point.

The real test is views. If it isn't getting big views, it isn't worth the effort.

Yes. Aside from time, that was one of the big reasons why I've been slack on the space index.

Simple question: Do you find the Pirate Forum Indexes useful?

So far I never used it... maybe in the future.

But like Lego12 said: Its very well organized and it must have taken a while to make... :thumbup:

My answer: yes!

Not only the Pirates indexes, but all INDEX topics here on EB are VERY useful! I think that they are a great way to ogranize the information :)

What about setting up a wiki page where MOCers can add themselves?

I usually use the index to find mocs and things, so yes it's useful, the "index " system of EB is very great for each section, it allows to find mocs/ review and different techniques very easily , great job on it , that must be a boring job !

well, Great job on doing this and thanks a lot! :thumbup:

i have found them invaluable, i have been a lurker on here for a while and some of the ideas i have taken got from looking through the indexes and reviews have been great

I rarely rarely use indexes since I know the forum by hard now :pir_laugh2: , but they can come in handy for people that don't visit the site daily.

I have found them extremly useful. I was able to learn so much information from those indexes including some history about Lego pirates and I was able to get pictures of sets that I couldn't get anywhere else. So I do hope that you will continue to keep them. :pir-classic:

I have used it a few times, but I'll be honest, I only looked at the review index.

For cannons and ships I think they are very useful. Every time I have a problem with my ship, I check the ship index to see how other people have solved it.

That's really useful. And also for a lot of other details I check the index.

Good thing to have :pir-classic:

Hell yeah , i am always using them.

I really appreciate the hard work the admin must put into this site and am grateful for the indexes.

Keep it up guys, ur doing a great job.

Glad to hear that they're appreciated. :pir-classic:

Sly and I will continue to update them, to help all of you scallywags. :pir_laugh2:

The indices on EB are all really useful, but the Pirates ones especially, because virtually everything is indexed here... good job guys. The times I've needed them I've always been able to really quickly find what I needed, whether it's a review, an overview of sails designs, how to make your own sails, or a particular ship MOC that I remembered seeing on EB.