Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

Armada Flagship by Nyanta

santa001.jpg

The folder's here.

I found this one on brickshelf lately and I must say it's one of the best custom ships I've ever seen. And here's why:

1) I've seen many giant ship MOCs using wide hull, but this one uses Armada Flagship's narrow hull, which isn't usually used as base for ships this huge and complex. I'd say it's harder to use the narrow hull and still make a big ship withs lots of details

2) Clever use of parts - there were only two Imperial Armada sets released by Lego and parts of that sets are used here (note the Armada Sentry's green door, plus the MOC is obviously made of two Armada Flagships).

3) Great colour scheme. Just white, blue and green, not like in the Armada Flagship which was a mixture of colours. Here it looks much more monolithic.

4) It represents the Imperial Armada, the smallest of all subthemes (again, only 2 sets), yet it shows a big vessel can be made in this subject.

Congratulations to its constructor - Nyanta. Lego should print this picture and hang it on the wall to look at what they might have done hadn't the Pirate line and Imperial Armada subtheme been discontinued.

AYE CARUMBA!!!

What a find! This is no mere flagship! This is a galleon, well almost but not quite! Still it's magnificent!

This is only the second MOC I've seen using the Armada Flagship hull. The first being a mail runner (well that's what I thought it resembled) made by our very own Master Yoda a few months back.

But I do ask: Where are the mini-figures?

That's a good question indeed. Owner of (at least) two Armada Flagships and (at least) one Armada Sentry and who knows what else should have at least 7 Armada minifigs...

Can this Nyanta be contacted in any form? It would be good if we could get the creators of such MOC to read here so we could ask questions.

I have no idea, I just typed "Armada" into the brickshelf browser and found this, no data on email adress or anything though.

A nice MOC though it looks a little tippable... Still wish I had those green doors. I have 1 |:|

God Bless,

Nathan

How did you only get one?

On Topic: Very cool ship :) This Nyanta did a good job on how much white pieces, blue pieces and green pieces he/she used :-D

Armada Flagship 7/10

Nyanta's Ship 15/10 :P

A nice MOC though it looks a little tippable... Still wish I had those green doors. I have 1 |:|

God Bless,

Nathan

I have two Armarda Sentries, therefore I have 4 of those green doors!

How did you only get one?

On Topic: Very cool ship :) This Nyanta did a good job on how much white pieces, blue pieces and green pieces he/she used :-D

Armada Flagship 7/10

Nyanta's Ship 15/10 :P

Big Box of lego from my cousin for my birthday...I was very dissapointed to only get one green door after sorting everything. On the other hand I did end up with 2 of this great fig:

http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/pirates/

EDIT what did I do wrong to make it attach like this?

God Bless,

Nathan

Linking to LUGnet is a turd due to the CGI script it uses to serve its images. I seek other places for my images,

Pirate_Brown_Vest.jpg

Note that the ship has custom made cannons - there's not enough room for original cannons to be put on both sides of those narrow hulls (I assume the gun ports are on both sides of the ship).

And yes the ship does look tippable because of that tall stern section.

I didn't notice the figurehead. That is a little odd for the front of a ship...

God Bless,

Nathan

Custom cannons you say? It looks like 1x1 grey cylindrical pieces have been used to represent the cannons...

I think it's something like the guns we saw on SES's bridge...

I didn't notice the figurehead. That is a little odd for the front of a ship...

Yes, that looks a bit strange to me as well. But on the other hand the ship looks more mysterious with this ghost at the bow.

dsc01362.jpg

Here it is, in the lower left corner. Thanks for someone called "obscurance" from brickshelf for using his picture. :)

Were they suppose to be guns on the SES bridge?

I always took them to be those small railing mounted cannons for deck clearing... (though odly mounted on the floor...

God Bless,

Nathan

i think they're just intended to suggest a heavily armored ship. After all, how do you build a 74 cannon battle ship with lego? So these round bricks suggest there are a lot of cannons on board from the outside.

i guess the round brick is the easiest way to suggest "a cannon", minifig size or not... it doesn't refer to a realistic type of cannon...

he should clean his lego tho. look how dirty it is... :P

It wouldn't hurt if they used actual LEGO cannons, would it?

sure, but there's hardly any room for it... if you want to build a 74 cannon ship or so, minifig sized, you're gonna have to build a lot larger ship... guess i'll try that next year... Where am i going to get 74 cannons, tho? :()

i would also use brown plates if they are meant to be wood...

I didn't mean all 74 cannons! I just mean 2 extra cannons instead of what Mr Norro calls "small railing mounted cannons for deck clearing"

I didn't mean all 74 cannons! I just mean 2 extra cannons instead of what Mr Norro calls "small railing mounted cannons for deck clearing"

i don't think there's any room for two cannons, is there?

There's not enough room for one cannon! I was curious so I put one back there to see if it would fit and it didn't really. Modifications would be needed to make it work.

There's not enough room for one cannon! I was curious so I put one back there to see if it would fit and it didn't really. Modifications would be needed to make it work.

come to think of it, i would use black or dark gray minifig heads instead of the classic round bricks. they look more "agressive"... i'm not sure if there ever was a middle sized canon, and if any normal battle ship would operate both types of canons at the same time...

The thing with the mini-figure heads is they don't have holes in their tops so the cannons would looked sealed over. Are there cylinders with a wider diametre that could be used?