Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

Toyworld Westgate (Auckland) had them out today. $5 as per all other Collectible Minifig series' (there was speculation in the Disney Minifig thread they would be $6 or $7 in NZ). Picked up 7 of them, and 2 Aladdins, hopefully can get the rest (except the Toy Story alien) in the next few weeks. All pre-felt by staff and packets marked with the figure number, which is a massive time saver.

Toyworld The Base Hamilton is doing a 20% off on Lego (and other stuff in the store is also discount 20 - 50%) as per a toyworld email I got (I haven't been in to the store).

I phone and the two big sets I'm after are conspicuously not on the shelves (GBHQ and Brick Bank) - although that genuinely could be due to stocking as I haven't seen them on shelves anywhere as yet just online.

Anyway there probably will be some notable big sets available (call first be my recommendation, and also confirm there is a sale going).

Has anyone seen the Fun in the Park City set in any stores in New Zealand?

Feel like most stores I go into are waiting for a shipment of new stuff but they don't know when that's coming

Its available on S@H but not yet in stores, expected in a couple of weeks. Pre-order from toyco for 15% off.

I don't like bootleg or other rival companies myself but I thought you guys might like this:

www.facebook.com/GetFlexo

It looks different enough Bruce, but yeah not my cup of tea. Good to see an NZ kickstarter

Edited by Alternator

Has anyone spotted the latest Minifig series yet?

Series 16 that everyone in the USA seems to have already? I searched my local Farmers & The Warehouse today with no success. I'm keeping an eye on all the usual places and their websites as I want the full set. They look fantastic!

Update: this morning Toyco have them on pre order, ETA the 23rd of September! I really, really hope that NZ won't have to wait two months later than the USA. A full box will set you back $239.52 (freight free). I would love a full box again but I'd get too many leftovers. Disney was perfect, only 6 leftovers after making 3 full sets and the rests sold easily on TradeMe. Unless someone wants to go thirds and have 4 leftovers each? $80 for 20 figs, with a guaranteed set of 16, as soon as they have stock, and I am well practised at bag feeling so they would still be sealed.

Unless someone wants to go thirds and have 4 leftovers each? $80 for 20 figs, with a guaranteed set of 16, as soon as they have stock, and I am well practised at bag feeling so they would still be sealed.

You could count me in on a third of a box, I'll PM you.

Craig.

Expect to start seeing stock of Series 16 Minifigures in stores. Toyco and Mightyape have today received their stock, so everyone else should start having stock out soon.

Update: Many Toy Worlds have stock out. I rang my local and they do.

Edited by Coopa182

FYI, Toyco are having a sale of all LEGO currently in stock. The amount off varies, starting at 15% but there are quite a few at 20% and 25% off too. The sale ends on September 20th i.e. tomorrow.

Regards,

David

Edited by djm

The Lego Batman Movie series of Collectable Minifigures are being released in January, bringing a 20% price rise with them.

Retail on these will be $5.99, and there are 20 to collect this time around. Fair to assume all future series will be the same price too?

Edited by Coopa182

On 03/12/2016 at 6:45 AM, Coopa182 said:

The Lego Batman Movie series of Collectable Minifigures are being released in January, bringing a 20% price rise with them.

Retail on these will be $5.99, and there are 20 to collect this time around. Fair to assume all future series will be the same price too?

On the bright side, 3 people can now share a box and each one will get a complete set.

9 hours ago, Jern92 said:

On the bright side, 3 people can now share a box and each one will get a complete set.

Yes I am honestly surprised they did an even distribution for this set. I wished they would, but wasn't expecting it. Makes it easier for sure as you don't have to worry about having extras to get rid of. Already have a box on preorder ?

Does anyone know if/when/where the new Star Wars sets will be available in NZ? They seem to be available overseas but I can't find things like Luke's Landspeeder anywhere.

Edited by David Thomsen

1 hour ago, David Thomsen said:

Does anyone know if/when/where the new Star Wars sets will be available in NZ? They seem to be available overseas but I can't find things like Luke's Landspeeder anywhere.

I've seen the new city/creator/nexo knight sets out, but as yet the Star Wars ones haven't arrived anywhere that I can see.

I sent an email to the Lego customer service people asking if Luke's Landspeeder would be ever be available in stores, because I would prefer to buy it there rather than pay for shipping. And they replied, 'good news, the set is available from Shop At Home!'. So not much help there.

On 1/13/2017 at 10:56 PM, David Thomsen said:

I sent an email to the Lego customer service people asking if Luke's Landspeeder would be ever be available in stores, because I would prefer to buy it there rather than pay for shipping. And they replied, 'good news, the set is available from Shop At Home!'. So not much help there.

Good news, the set is available from S@H with exorbitant shipping costs! Yay? :sarcasm_hmpf: 

On 1/13/2017 at 7:25 AM, David Thomsen said:

There are rumors that the Landspeeder, the Phantom II, the Skiff, and the A-wing may not come to New Zealand...

toyco is currently running one of their one day LEGO sales that seems to be across the board e.g. LEGO Mindstorms EV3 31313 for $480, down from the usual retail of $600. This link should list all the LEGO from highest to lowest price.

The sale ends tomorrow.

David

Been a while since I visited - what would be the best way to sell sealed bags from Lego sets (not to be confused with a sealed set)

For example - I have purchased some Speed Champions sets just for the car and do not need the rest of the parts that build the pits etc, so I keep the bag(s) sealed that contain the parts for the pits. 
Another example - the recent City Airport set with the hanger, have kept the hanger parts sealed as I don't want to build it

The number of these bags I have in storage is getting a tad unmanageable .. so looking at offloading

Obviously Trademe is an answer, but not my prefered