Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

Hi all,

Has anyone seen the monster fighters haunted house (10228) around recently?

Went to the Lego show out at West auckland with my girls on Saturday - Fantastic show, and really got me back in the mood to be doing stuff with LEGO again....:). Congratulations to any and all of you on here who were part of it....:)

Has anyone seen the monster fighters haunted house (10228) around recently?

I don't recall seeing it anywhere recently, I couldn't speak to how long it will be in production for (was release sept last year from memory) - It's still available for it's rrp of $300 from http://shop.lego.com...ted-House-10228 (the online shop would ship that free at that price currently) - I got mine slightly cheaper from mighty ape but they don't seem to have it anymore.

P.S. If you do buy from the online store, make sure to sign up to the vip program before placing the order so you get points on it.

Edited by Alternator

Yes, went to the lego show in West Auckland with my son too - fantastic displays, well done to everyone who was involved.

Here is a time lapse movie from the Auckland show:

Edited by bartneck

Okay, here is the video in HD. Youtube is really killing the video with its compression in SD:

Edited by bartneck

Okay, here is the video in HD. Youtube is really killing the video with its compression in SD:

Unrelated, but I saw an article in the paper today regarding minifigs and your research :classic: (something I noticed too when getting back into Lego, even the smiling minifigs seem to be smug or smirking rather an actual non aggressive smile).

Thanks for the comments about the lego show. I did not have a huge amount there this year but thanks for all the good comments from who spoke to me. My setup was the Trains on the right as you walked in.

Thanks for the time lapse video bartneck! Looks like there was a fantastic turnout!

Unrelated, but I saw an article in the paper today regarding minifigs and your research :classic: (something I noticed too when getting back into Lego, even the smiling minifigs seem to be smug or smirking rather an actual non aggressive smile).

Sounds interesting, is there a link to this article?

CF

Oh yes :classic: (there were actually two related articles it seems)

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10888378

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10888297

Interesting reads for both articles. I agree with some of the points, especially about there being a lot of conflict in sets where good minifigures vs evil minifigures.

Thanks for the links Alternator!

CF

I'm sure you'll have all seen this auction already, but I'm going to push it anyway

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=602724118

Apart from the fact that there is a S***load of lego in there (there is some megablock stuff too, but it seems to be mainly LEGO from my brief inspection - and they're not kidding when they say it fills a banana box!!), the Hospice is a really wonderful service, and supporting this auction will help support them.

Cheers all

I'm sure you'll have all seen this auction already, but I'm going to push it anyway

http://www.trademe.c...px?id=602724118

Apart from the fact that there is a S***load of lego in there (there is some megablock stuff too, but it seems to be mainly LEGO from my brief inspection - and they're not kidding when they say it fills a banana box!!), the Hospice is a really wonderful service, and supporting this auction will help support them.

Cheers all

That is ALOT of Lego! Will have to keep my eyes on it, thanks for the find!

CF

Farmers Takapuna has the new Lord of the Rings sets on the shelves.

79008 Pirate Ship Ambush $190

79007 Battle at the Black Gate $130

79006 Council of Elrond $70

79005 The Wizard Battle $30

but despite the 20% off those prices I gave them a miss.

is this anyone from here?

http://www.trademe.c...px?id=603627927

Whoever it is, they have a nice collection they're selling off. :wub:

Farmers Takapuna has the new Lord of the Rings sets on the shelves.

79008 Pirate Ship Ambush $190

79007 Battle at the Black Gate $130

79006 Council of Elrond $70

79005 The Wizard Battle $30

but despite the 20% off those prices I gave them a miss.

Those prices seem alittle too high, I think I might get afew of the sets through BL instead.

CF

Sorry for the double post. Just wondered however if people have noticed this on trademe!

Seems like a decent price for a UCS set, pretty much new condition. :classic:

CF

Not bad if you're wanting the set. Personally don't find the model hugely exciting, Mine's sitting back in it's box waiting for a few years to be sold :tongue:

However, who else has seen the Opera house?! What a beautiful set. Seriously can't wait to get my hands on that one! Though, My guess is it'll be $550-$650, depending on how kind Lego is feeling (Which seems to vary a lot these days).. Still better ppp than SW sets though :laugh:

Kingdoms Joust 10223 is at Warehouse online for $139.

Has anyone been able to get one of these into their cart and out the checkout?

Updated 2-26pm : now completely gone from the warehouse website.....:(

Edited by Nikkiwi

The Warehouse has 20% off City Lego which stacks with existing discounts for sets already on clearance. I saw some Marinas 4644 and Fire Planes 4209 for $56, down from $100.

The Opera House is on Lego.com, for release Sept 1st. The NZ RRP is apparently $499 - Not too bad considering a US RRP of $320.

True - With our exchange rate diving, it may actually work out as a good conversion. Currently US$320 is worth about NZD$412, plus if Lego hold out on the free shipping, it could be very worthwhile. I aslo could be my first purchase from Lego.com for quite a while.