Dreamweb

Custom Cannons

Well cow polks here is my thoughts the cannons are soooooooooo expensive to buy and the base of the cannons arent they are pretty cheap like 50 cent a pop so this was my solution to the cannon expensive problem. Now if you really wanted you could take some pliers and snip of the excess of the antenna but at least this way it still looks sharp and moves around.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/toyotawo...hips/cannon.jpg

That's a VERy smart design!!!

Well i was just trying to find something that worked well with the cheapest parts available.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/toyotawo...hips/cannon.jpg

and that was it now in retrospect i thought that if you snipped of the end of the antenna you could round it off and place it on the end of the cannon to give it that final "cannonie" look.

Well i was just trying to find something that worked well with the cheapest parts available.

and that was it now in retrospect i thought that if you snipped of the end of the antenna you could round it off and place it on the end of the cannon to give it that final "cannonie" look.

For the center, why not use a black Harry Potter wand type piece? It's not rounded, but better than mutilating parts. And for the end, use a lever switch with the lever pushed into the barrel of the cannon.

got any part numbers?

somehow use a black control stick4593.png for the end, inside this piece3062b.png

and a black light sabre blade30374.png for the center instead of antennas.

the control stick may be loose fitting but i.m.o. it's still better than cutting up antennas unless they are already damaged.

are you really gonna cry if i kill a few defenseless antenna?

You arent gonna call the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Lego are you?

Nope... but I may have to "confiscate" your lego....hand it over, I got a boat to build. :)

They are your parts! Do what you want to them. I thought I'ld add a few alternatives before you "ruin" pieces.

If you can pull off a well executed rounded end, it would probably look better, but I almost always regret doing such modifications.

Nope... but I may have to "confiscate" your lego....hand it over, I got a boat to build. :)

Arrr yer welcome to try morse.

Ok so anyone know if those light sabers will actually work to substitute in for the cannon pivot point before i go ordering 24 of dem ? can anyone actually mock this up?

Ok so anyone know if those light sabers will actually work to substitute in for the cannon pivot point before i go ordering 24 of dem ? can anyone actually mock this up?

The sabres are almost the same length as an antenna with bottom cut off, and they don't have as rounded ends.

They should work fine though.

I'ld make a quick moc for you but I lack camera for now.

maybe try one of a different color (if you have any) to test how it looks.

Here's a few photos:

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

(The lever's placement may be wrong. I didn't fully understand ghoulrealm.)

The light saber blade is the best substitute. In my case it was difficult centering the blade. It is notorious for being mis-molded, nullifying its "roundness". It can also be hard to retrieve.

Hope that helps!

Thats exactly what meant for the trunnions

It looks good as is now, but I believe Admiral Starwind also wants a neck and knob on the cascable.

That is where the control stick comes in, but I'm not sure exactly how to proceed with that.

The 4593.png should stick out of the round base but pushed half way into the barrel, however 4593.png won't fit into through the top of 3062b.png and half way through 4592.png at the same time

Here is a site defining the parts of a cannon.

Thats exactly what meant for the trunnions

It looks good as is now, but I believe Admiral Starwind also wants a neck and knob on the cascable.

That is where the control stick comes in, but I'm not sure exactly how to proceed with that.

The 4593.png should stick out of the round base but pushed half way into the barrel, however 4593.png won't fit into through the top of 3062b.png and half way through 4592.png at the same time

Here is a site defining the parts of a cannon.

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for providing that link. Hmm, much pondering there is to do, now.

i like the cotton for smoke nice touch but for me the height and wheels make it in practical for a ship but it could be used on a fort or battlefield.

sorry im a seadog not a land lubber.

i've got a few attempts at MOC cannons myself.

my favorite one's are the ones where i utilize my three black barrels (not painted they really came black) and make a 10 stud long cannon that fires black lego heads. These cannons would probably be considered 32 pounders. And i think they're as large as they can get for a broadside long gun

These aren't too big to fit on my frigate back to back and they're going to be placed at the bow on the gun deck.

My MOC cannons:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/23176

32pounder.jpg

After seeing all these cannons in this forum i think that i could make better cannon mocs in the future. Thanx guys.

It doesn't seem you've seen the read in which I refer to. Maybe you should check that out before we merge them, just in case...

theres alot of good ideas in this thread too! mayhap they should be combined into a honkin huge thread and pinned...

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...?showtopic=6025

i've got a few attempts at MOC cannons myself.

my favorite one's are the ones where i utilize my three black barrels (not painted they really came black) and make a 10 stud long cannon that fires black lego heads. These cannons would probably be considered 32 pounders. And i think they're as large as they can get for a broadside long gun

These aren't too big to fit on my frigate back to back and they're going to be placed at the bow on the gun deck.

My MOC cannons:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/23176

After seeing all these cannons in this forum i think that i could make better cannon mocs in the future. Thanx guys.

Made this some months ago, probarly a 10 pounder

Brickshelf gallery

sorry about the huge photos...

I like these very much. Probably the best and simplest design for land cannons.