Dreamweb

Custom Cannons

i do have one, but i'll have to look for it first... where did i leave that thing again...

btw, it's Count Sneffy now :P

I just remembered I have a few gray barrels myself, however it's this kind of barrels, or should I rather say containers or rubbish bins:

2439.png

I don't think they would look good as parts of a cannon.

Ahhhhhh the good old trash cans. I'd imagine their handles would look a bit strange on the cannon, unless they can be removed. I don't own such pieces so I don't know.

A nice custom! I like it all except the fire piece...

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Count Sneffy, have you placed these cannons on any ships yet? If so, how well did they fit?

i'm sorry, pirate... i can't find my one and only lego cannon! :() *sing*

i looked everywhere... i also can't find the soldier of the same set... my guess is they both took off to conquer the world... :P

i've been looking around on the internet to find a pic i can compare it with, but i haven't been succesfull... this means i'll have yet another good look around the house and if i can't find one, i'll just buy one on bricklink.

i don't have a hull, but i do have something else in mind, an idea i had for my eurobase 2005 module, but as you know, that never saw the light... i think you guys might like it ... so.... stay tuned!

Your glorious custom cannon went AWOL? How could this be?

Pirates are know to frequent this forum...

God Bless,

Nathan

Well the Inquistion is too busy hunting Aztecs these days to pay attention to what the pirates are doing...

And their intimidating prescence is missed sorely...

God Bless,

Nathan

Whose intimidating prescence, the Aztecs' or the Inquisitions'? We figured the Aztecs intimidated everyone but us, so that's why we're hunting them down. They're a quite violent race you know, so don't be ashamed to feel intimidated by them.

Whose intimidating prescence, the Aztecs' or the Inquisitions'? We figured the Aztecs intimidated everyone but us, so that's why we're hunting them down. They're a quite violent race you know, so don't be ashamed to feel intimidated by them.

No, No, yours..

God Bless,

Nathan

But what's this got to do with with Count Sneffy's cannon going AWOL? Its not like his cannon exists on this forum!

hm... my custom cannon didn't go anywhere, my real lego cannon did. anyway, not so very patient pirate, i've made a small moc with the custom cannon. the pic isn't brilliant, but here it is:

i especially like the trees :oD i've always thought that the lego palm trees were nice but not really in scale with the minifigs. I mean, many of these tropical trees are huuuuuuge. so i thought, let's see if we can come up with an alternative...

post-10-1131044839.jpg

Pirates aren't patient!

That looks like an interesting MOC. You could take a few more pictures of it, some close ups would be good, a couple of different angles, etc and start a new thread. If you wanted to... It you really really wanted to...

1) hm... you're such a difficult man to please, pirate, but I'll show some sign of good will and take some more pics tomorrow.

2) remember you asking me to take a pic of the custom cannon and a real lego canon? I can't do that as long as i don't find my real lego cannon... i missplaced it somehow...

1) You needn't take anymore pics if yer don't wish too. I just thought your creation deserved a thread of its own rather than being buried 40 posts down in another thread.

And unless you've got a primitive digital camera, or an even more primative film camera (and unless I'm not mistaken) its quite simple to take many pictures and upload the best ones within minutes...

2) I forgot all about that :-D I thought you meant you lost your custom cannon.

Nice MOC! I like your custom trees better than your custom cannon (which is also good)! Barrels are far too valuable a commodity for me to try this solution in a MOC though... I also like the various shades of the sea, very nice! Do you have other pirate MOCs?

God Bless,

Nathan

Why are you creatures so shy about creating new threads to display your MOCs? As soon as I get my mitts on a digital camera yer all gonna be in trouble!

Why are you creatures so shy about creating new threads to display your MOCs? As soon as I get my mitts on a digital camera yer all gonna be in trouble!

A threat I look forward to!*

God Bless,

Nathan

*That must make you a diplomat :-D . Perhaps one of the armarda's...

thanks for the comments!

i posted the moc here because it wasn't really meant to be a real moc, just a diorama to see if the custom cannon would "work" in a pirate scene, that's all...

nope, i don't have other pirate mocs, in only have three pirates and 1 officer, so the options are kind of limited :P

Diaoramas, vignettes, mock-ups, experiements, etc are still MOCs or ideas in development and its interesting to see how they evolve over the course of time.

Despite being "just a diorama to see if the custom cannon would 'work' in a pirate scene" I'd be interested in seeing more pictures involving close ups and different angles - and no doubt someone else might as well.

If you don't want to take more photos or create a new thread thats fine. But, it would be a shame that we couldn't get a more detailed look at this interesting creation.

Thought I would add this link to this thread as it has a lot of cannons (most all ready discussed).

God Bless,

Nathan