Sign in to follow this  
M_longer

MOC: Snowgroomer

indexed.gif V-LI-05F

04.jpg

Snowgroomers are possibly the most recognizable winter vehicles. I thought that it could be fun to make a minifig scale snowgroomer with some functions and take it on the snow :)

dsc04185.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04184.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04188.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04191.jpg_thumb.jpg

dsc04205.jpg_thumb.jpg

There are two pneumatic circuits inside, each has got small cylinder and pneumatic switch. One for raising the blade and one for raising the smoothing plate:

dsc04218.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04212.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04222.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04215.jpg_thumb.jpg

dsc04195.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04198.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc04224.jpg_thumb.jpg

This movie shows how it works:

flickr

Brickshelf (not moderated yet)

Great construction M_longer!

The blades are very realistic, especially the one in the front!

I also like that you 've tested the snowgroomer in real conditions. (although white 1x1 tiles would have been more realistic :laugh: )

Since you've mentioned that it's minifig scale, is it easy to take the roof off in order to place a minifig inside? Because it looks a bit difficult with the roofs structure.

Great construction M_longer!

The blades are very realistic, especially the one in the front!

I also like that you 've tested the snowgroomer in real conditions. (although white 1x1 tiles would have been more realistic :laugh: )

Since you've mentioned that it's minifig scale, is it easy to take the roof off in order to place a minifig inside? Because it looks a bit difficult with the roofs structure.

Tiles? No, snow is better ;)

Placing minifig inside is possible, but with some problems: the cabin is a little too low (there is pneumatic tube for front blade under it, so minifig cannot sit lower) and when I put minifig inside and the roof on, little gaps appear on sides (and I don't like that)

So, it is possible, but minifig must take off his hat ;)

Very nicely done M_longer! I looks very beautiful, and just like the real thing. It is also very impressive that you got the pneumatics to work on it. I can't wait to see more of your work.

For your first MOC, this is fantastic! I really like the functionality and the colour scheme. I would like to see it with a minifig inside though, perhaps a challenge for next time?

Well done! :thumbup:

For your first MOC, this is fantastic!

Well, to be more precised: This is my first MOC shown here on Eurobricks, but it's not first MOC in my life ;)

You can find all my creations in my Brickshelf gallery :)

A very smooth and even elegant looking snow groomer with some very neatly incorporated functionality.

Great job. A MOC that looks exactly as it should, and the functionality is brilliant. Maybe a redesign is in order to accommodate a minifig, but either way it looks great!

Wow. This is a really well done creation. Looks quite authentic too. I love the doubled up rows of treads, very creative.

awesome MOC.

i like the way you combine the technic function with system brick beauty.

TLG should make this into set.

i love it very much.

That's an absolutely amazing MOC, M_longer! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

Although I'd prefer it to be not that huge it looks absolutely realistic! :oh3:

I really hope TLG will release somthing similar to that in a whole City Winter subtheme!

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter