Sign in to follow this  
eti

Little Red Riding Hood

3295728625_c75e314108.jpg

I had planned to do fairy tales for some time, now here is the first: Little Red Riding Hood! A story in 13 picturs, based on three

separate MOCs (the kitchen, the forest and granny's house)

click pictures to enlarge:

3295742917_2c34067a6c.jpg

3295743087_0032901cef.jpg

3296568566_3fda46956b.jpg

3295743761_432524663c.jpg

3295743611_3fd18e7c84.jpg

3296568762_025a96e811.jpg

3296569224_0aa9a2266f.jpg

3295744173_c827a3e4b4.jpg

3296569616_dee77e68c0.jpg

3295744547_f43800479c.jpg

3296570008_d2a473da54.jpg

3295744903_6c1460cb28.jpg

3296570362_05d4e496c8.jpg

-----------------------------------------

making of:

at granny's house the roof and a wall part come off to look inside and take pictures

3296570484_a38e84b13e.jpg

A very charming and colorful work with some interesting details like the 'rocky' arms of your wolf, that

basket and the pretty roof. Your MF characters look very good and the little forrest scene´s sweet. My

favorite part´s the very nice kitchen with the fine interior like that (pretty modern) looking table and

the neat stove... although it might look a bit strange that it looks like that oven´s placed inside a

fireplace... a chimney inside a chimney... to give that naughty little soot monster no chance, huh..? :laugh:

That looks great Eti! I love the house! :wub: All the details are just amazing! Thanks for sharing! :sweet:

Very beautiful work eti! Crystal clear pictures also!!

I enjoyed "watching"the story as it was being unfolded.

The kitchen's interior is fantastic!! :wub: Very detailed and filled with almost everything!

Well done! :thumbup:

Asuka, It is a normal place in an old fashioned kitchen... I think old houses had an open fire to hang a pan over, and later on combined cookers/heaters were put in the same place. I can't find a good picture of and old kitchen right now but something like this:

440351301_5fb8ab932b_m.jpg 383520838_a0f1e38eb7_m.jpg

I actually made my kitchen off an internet photo too but I can't seem to find it back....

And that sausage is just lying on the shelf, the headlight is only there to keep it in place....

Edited by eti

And that sausage is just lying on the shelf, the headlight is only there to keep it in place....

It looks like a meat grinder, actually. So... This is beautiful and creative. Definitely an appropriate setting for a fairy tale. I have to admit I like the interior of the house better than the exterior, but I think the only reason is the roof. I can see the effect you're going for and I'm not sure you've pulled it off, but it's still very nice. If you ever want to re-visit it, I suggest revisiting the roof and use some non-traditional methods to make it look a little more "thatchy." That's not a word, but I hope you know what I mean. (and maybe bring the chimney out away from the wall :blush: )

On top of the excellent building skills, I think your photography is excellent as well. Great job telling the story. I hope you'll be doing more because it's very enjoyable. On a side note, I love the way the brown flower stems look, I wish LEGO would produce more of those. They are very hard to come by. :sceptic:

Very nice, it's really creative and beatiful. I like what you've done with this fairy tale. I'm looking forward to your other replica's of tales. Oh, and I did a post on my website this morning about this beatiful creation. :thumbup:

Hinckley, I see what you mean, I certainly agree on the chimney that should stand out. Actually I quite like traditional sloped roofs but I will try some less traditional the next time I need a little house.

BTW, the interior in the first pictures is not the same house... the first house only has a kitchen, two walls and a roof, so I could put in a lot of details. For granny's house I wanted an exterior and interior and I needed a lot of 'action shots' there, so that's why I didn't put much detail in the interior... in a house that size there's not much room for stuff and a too busy background would distract from the action.

Matn, well thanks!

And I'm happy to say it does work well to tell the story... I have told the fairy tale to my children (age 2½) with this series of pictures and they loved it!

This is really fantastic my friend! I have to say, not only is the idea very good, the pictures and builds are also wonderful, and it tells the story lacking the words perfectly! I can not tell you how happy this makes me. I really have about zero complaints, so basically, please just make another one!