Sign in to follow this  
woody64

Army in a letter case

th_indexed.gif

Here's the preview of my army in a lego letter case

(Edited: Zorro voted for the bigger picture ...:-)

army_in_a_board.jpg

Andreas

Edited by SlyOwl

I like it, and it might be a mighty fine idea to make a stratego game with LEGO figures! :pir-cry_happy:

That's an idea! And I like the minifigs too, and since I am so lazy to click around Brickshelf, could you please add a bigger picture next time?

That's cool, looks like something from a boardgame like Stratego. :pir-cry_happy:

Funny idea, since I also had it.

As I remember stratego was on a 10x10 board with two lakes in the middle and an army of 4x10 for one player.

That would result in an army of 80 minifigs which is rather huge. But having one french unit and one of the allies (british, austrian, prussian, russian) as counterpart would be a challenging task.

Andreas

80 figures and a board is doable IMO, only the problem with stratego is that you need to build little tents around them not to show their positions to the enemy...

I was thinking about making ''sea battle'' with micro scale ships.

It's still on my projects list, but if somebody likes to execute the idea, go ahead!

80 figures and a board is doable IMO, only the problem with stratego is that you need to build little tents around them not to show their positions to the enemy...

I was thinking about making ''sea battle'' with micro scale ships.

It's still on my projects list, but if somebody likes to execute the idea, go ahead!

I have considered doing that, but it would be too bulky, would fall over, and I would kill all your guys, and I hate killing legos. Still, I like your army, Andreas!

jifel

This is really cool. I like the custom pieces a lot and I like how you set up the figures. :classic: Thanks for sharing!

There was the question raised for a clearer picture ....

img_3826.jpg

The rows are:

1. French troops

2. Austrian Generals: Erzherzog Karl, General, Schwarzenberg, Dragoons ...

3. Artillery, Mineurs, ...

4. Hungarian/German Infantry

5. Cuirassiers, Ulans, Hussars

6. Tyroleans, 4 slots unfinished

Thank you very much Woody64, and now as I said many times again, you will and can expect and order from me after I finished the other items on my list.

But do you have a BL store already? Btw...we need to get in contact about something soon, do you have msn? Mine is zorro3999@hotmail.com

Thank you very much Woody64, and now as I said many times again, you will and can expect and order from me after I finished the other items on my list.

But do you have a BL store already? Btw...we need to get in contact about something soon, do you have msn? Mine is zorro3999@hotmail.com

I have a BL store but only for advertisment. Ordering from shapeways is much easier and cheaper ...

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=woodyxfc

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/MinifigCustomsIn3d (see also signature)

Andreas

Edited by woody64

This is a great custom army, and i'm a big fan of large armies such as this. All those soldiers all neatly lined up, nice uniforms tis a thing of beauty! :pir-cry_happy:

excellent^^ I would like to have it fixed to my wall , this would be great!