Sign in to follow this  
Basiliscus

'Life' Vignettes

indexed.gif B-V-6A & B-V-6B

Here are a couple of small vignettes I thought you may find interesting. The first was built for my fiancée for Valentine's Day and the second was a small scene built for a friend.

3278370955_32183d5371.jpg

3182528983_01f1420ca2.jpg

(Both pics are links to MOCpages)

Thanks for viewing.

Very nice vigs, I made my girlfriend a little piano Vignette for valentines, but I forgot to take any pictures! I especially like that bar and the half empty bottles on the shelf

Laurie

Very nice vignettes Basiliscus!

I really like the second one! The way you have built the wall behind the barwoman is great!

The foam in one of the beer mugs (it's beer, isn't it?) is a fantastic idea. :thumbup: I guess they're not driving after that. :wink:

Thats very sweet of you. I bet she must have loved them. Nothing better than sharing your love for lego with your loved ones.

Great job. I like these everyday scenes and they definatley reward a closer look. They look simple at first, but each of them has a couple of bulding techniques or object MOC's that are quite invoative.

A very interesting and very detailed work indeed! :thumbup:

I especially like the neat table and the chair design,

and that bottle design´s brilliant too!

Thank you everyone for the comments so far. I was just trying to show a few simple scenes. In my own view, vignettes are a great way of experimenting as you can create a polished product very quickly.

I am not very happy with the way the photos came out. They have a yellow washed look to them and this is because I didn't set the white balance to the correct setting for the light source I was using. I have since learned how to do this so future MOCs should photograph better!

Well done :thumbup: How much time did it cost you to make these?

Thanks mate! They probably took about 2 hours each to make, although the pub scene took the longest out of the pair. I was experimenting with different floor designs for them both and this is what took up most time. The TV in the pub scene is nice but in a larger MOC I am not sure if it would work because it overhangs ever-so-slightly on the right - I don't think you could build a wall on that side.

Very nice vignettes Basiliscus!

I really like the second one! The way you have built the wall behind the barwoman is great!

The foam in one of the beer mugs (it's beer, isn't it?) is a fantastic idea. :thumbup: I guess they're not driving after that. :wink:

I appreciate the comments Zorbas! :classic: Yeah, it is supposed to be foam in the beer mug and they won't be driving after that! Not if they don't want to end up in jail :oh:

Sweet. Is that you in the blue?

Correct my friend! That's roughly what I look like in real life (although I don't have jaundice) :laugh:

A very interesting and very detailed work indeed! :thumbup:

I especially like the neat table and the chair design,

and that bottle design´s brilliant too!

I am flattered by your comments Asuka! The chair was actually re-used from this MOC.