Sign in to follow this  
Eilif

Vintage pickup and small car

indexed.gif V-LV-23D & V-LV-23E

I so enjoyed building the logging truck that I made these two more vehicles this evening. I have a list of about 20 items I'd like to upgrade on Brickington before Brickworld 09, of which these are two.

First a vintage pickup.

pickup_angle.jpg

Rather than trying for 7 wide to enable side by side seating, I just took an arm off each minifig!

pickup_front.jpg

Passenger side: The passengers sit a touch lower than normal, but I wanted it to be tall enough for a cowboy hat.

pickup_side.jpg

Room for 5 barrels of moonshine!

pickup_cargo.jpg

I thought it was worth showing the bare bed.

pickup_bed.jpg

Secondly, a small black car. Nothing special, but I am determined to make that grey grill work on a 4 wide car!

black_car_side_front.jpg

black_car_back.jpg

As I mentioned in the logging truck thread, I'm pretty new to building cars so any suggestions for improvement are welcome, especially the black car which still seems a bit awkward to me.

Edited by Phred

nice pickup and car.

i like the pickup very much, nice effort for fitting 2 minifigs inside.

maybe using car doors would be nicer and add hinge at back of the pickup can make that pickup more functional.

for the black car also could be better by using doors.

great creation indeed. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments. I tried to incorporate some of the changes you all mentioned, but between my lack of certain pieces in certin colors, or my attempts at functionality impeding the look of the model, I came back to the orignial design. Still, thanks for the suggetions, I do appreciate the helpfull feedback that you all offer.

You've got 2 nicely built cars there. The pickup is perfect in my opinion. The black car is nice too, but maybe if you have this piece you could place it above the wheels.

You've got 2 nicely built cars there. The pickup is perfect in my opinion. The black car is nice too, but maybe if you have this piece you could place it above the wheels.

I have to say I feel a bit dopey. I have dozens of those in various colors (most likely including black) and after building the pickup wheel wells with the sideways "cheeses" I didn't even think of using those pieces you mentioned. That would really make the wheel wells less boxy. Thanks!

The pick-up truck is very nice. Reminds me of an old Ford or Dodge truck. And nice way of fitting two figs side-by-side by amputating their arms! :tongue:

Kudos on attempting to make that grille work on a mini-fig car. While I don't think it doesn't look any good, I've tried it myself and know how hard it can be, I have two ideas that might work:

- Move the headlights backwards, the headlights should in general be behind the grille, to create a wedge shape

- Or just build a T-ford or some other vintage car, where the grille guaranteed will fit in, together with the narrow hood and outrigger headlamps.

Edited by Freddie