Sign in to follow this  
def

MOC: Clone Wars snow speeder

indexed.gif

Hey. A few weeks back, watching episode 15 of season 1 of Clone Wars, I saw this ship appear.

speeder.jpg

It made me think of an X-wing quite a lot, so I thought I'd MOC it. All my sets are stored separately, I don't want to mix them up, so I thought this would be a good chance to mess around. I used an A-wing cockpit though.

img_0406.jpg

img_0404.jpg

img_0401.jpg

img_0402.jpg

img_0403.jpg

img_0405.jpg

I'm mostly happy with it, but I like it in my hands more than in these pics. Things I'd like to tweak: Make the nose two blocks longer, add a second steering handle, and put something slope-ier on the engines. What do you think? XP

speeder2.jpg

<edit>

here's the current/final version

img_0431.jpg

Edited by KimT

Very good MOC :thumbup: Could you give us instructions so we could build this ice beauty?

Well, since you asked nice :wink: If you have an X-wing, the pieces are just about all there.

img_0408.jpg

img_0411.jpg

img_0412.jpg

img_0414.jpg

img_0415.jpg

img_0416.jpg

img_0418.jpg

Edited by def

Nice work! :thumbup: A tip, you need to work on the back legs. Thats all! :classic:

Agreed. I couldn't get the legs like the pic with just X-wing parts, but I modded my moc :tongue: Two robot arms and an arm holder. Also, I extended the cockpit a brick, threw in the extra handle, and put that grey piece on top that looks a little more techy.

img_0419.jpg

img_0420.jpg

A nice Sunday evening for me :laugh:

Edited by def

From the original in the first post, I've lengthened the nose 2 bricks, and shortened the tail just a bit.

img_0402.jpg

img_0429.jpg

Another great moc in the SW froum. :thumbup: I'll be making this tonight, except a shadow version. :devil:

JD

Btw, add some Rep. insignias from the new clone BP. :classic: Then it would be very precise.

Edited by Jammiedodger714

That is a nicely done MOC, def (Leppard?).

The only thing I would change is to replace white bricks with light grey and L. Grey with Dark Grey.

Just because I'm saying this doesn't mean that you have to go and buy an old X-Wing now. :tongue:

Hehe, that's pretty good. :thumbup: The front is a little wide, though, and it's too bad you can't close the cockpit around the drivers feet. :sceptic: But I'm sure that if TLC decides to release a set of this, it would be similarly designed. :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions! I think the grey would look nice, but I don't have the pieces, specifically the engines, though maybe I could do the rest. Still, after a nights sleep, I gave the nose a big tweak. I used a couple pieces from the little rebel gunship, 7668 (forgot the proper title). The narrow nose was a good idea. I'd like to extend it a little bit more so that it could be smoothed out on the top, but it's getting fragile at this size.

So, here is the before

img_0406.jpg

and after

img_0433.jpg

Before

img_0402.jpg

And after

img_0432.jpg

img_0431.jpg

Cheers all! If you can make it better, please show me :wink:

One last try in light of the pics above. Unfortunately, it's gotten so minimal it's become flimsy :cry_sad:

img_0434.jpg

img_0435.jpg

I think this is it for this one, I had to scrounge pieces from a few different sets to get this shape.