Sign in to follow this  
ToddWebb

BrickFair Pirates theme - It's a super-trippy experience!

Hello all from BrickFair.

We've received a few emails asking about Pirates at BrickFair this year. So we're expecting and hoping for a good Pirate turnout this August. We need a Pirates Theme Leader.

If anyone is interested, please go to www.BrickFair.com and click Contact Us.

Thank you, and I hope to see you all at BrickFair '09.

Todd

Todd,

Although it doesn's concern me as I'm in Australia, what exactly do you mean by Pirates Theme Leader? Someone representing theonline Pirate AFOL community?

Todd,

Although it doesn's concern me as I'm in Australia, what exactly do you mean by Pirates Theme Leader? Someone representing theonline Pirate AFOL community?

I think he means someone to represent the LEGO Pirates theme in the DC event. Am I correct?

Oh yeah, sorry for not being clear. I forget we're not all in the "festival state of mind."

The Theme Leader is the person who's in charge of making all the Pirate MOCs fit nicely together in the alotted space. If we get mucho turnout the Theme Leader will work with other Theme Leaders to steal some of their tables as needed, etc. The Theme Leader may also create a Pirate-themed game or challenge for AFOLs to compete, give out trophies, or settle tie votes, etc. Theme Leaders are generally around the opening night to help guide AFOLs as they arrive, find their tables, etc.

I got one contact via the BrickFair website, thank you very much. However that person didn't include their name and didn't fill in the Email Address box, so I have no idea who they are :( But I'll answer their question here: You must be 18 or over to attend, or you must have a parent register with you who also attends.

I dunno about other countries, but there's a couple festivals spread across the USA throughout the year. It's a super-trippy experience. If you ever have the chance, I suggest trying to catch one! I'm going to aim for the 3 big ones myself this year, BrickFair (of course, I run the thing), Brickworld and BrickCon.

@ ToddWebb:

Do you have somebody ???

If not...

@ Classic-Pirate members:

Are there members who meet the requirements and feel something for this "job" ?

Or are there objections why you don't want to do it... maybe these you can discuss with ToddWebb ?!

Edited by Capt. Kirk

This thread doesn't seem to be getting the attention that it deserves, so I have scheduled it for tomorrow's news on Classic-Pirates.com. :pir-wink:

For how long does this Toy Fair run? I thought it only went from the 15th to the 18th, but if not, I'll be in the Connecticut area soon.

I think Adam would make a very good Pirate Theme Leader for the LEGO Pirate Line at BrickFair 2009. He has dedicated many hours as a volunteer on Classic-Pirates.com, so has a brilliant understanding of all the details on the new Pirate line, knows who all the good Pirate MOCers around are and from what I can gather, he absolutely loves LEGO Pirates.

He also has very good manners, and a great way of communicating with people. All in all, I think Adam would be a brilliant selection for the 2009 BrickFair Pirate Theme Leader!

(I know this post probably doesn't make any impact on the final decision, but it's good to congratulate people on all their hard work sometimes (; )

I might be able to be the Pirate Theme Leader..........just give me a couple of days to think about it. It's possible. :sweet:

Captain Zuloo, many thanks for the praise! It's really magnificent to know that there's someone who's paying attention to what you're doing and willing to compliment your work, even if you've been gone for a week and a half. :grin: By the way, congratulations on your promotion - and you too, Strawberry! :pir-classic:

Back on topic, I'd love to try out for Pirate theme leader - I've just read the page providing information, and if I'm not busy on he 22nd or 23rd, I'm seriously considering visiting DC. I even have some American friends down there, a family that's in love with LEGO and has informed me that they're going too.

This thread doesn't seem to be getting the attention that it deserves, so I have scheduled it for tomorrow's news on Classic-Pirates.com. :pir-wink:

Thank you Captain Zuloo! :thumbup:

I'll tweak the title and description to see if that stimulates some interest.

I hope to attend this year's Brickfair, maybe get a Pirate MOC in there :pir-wink: . Though I'm not looking to be the Pirate Theme Leader, I wish you well in finding one!

I was looking at the Brickfair pages, and noticed there wasn't a section for the pirates theme leader. Does this position serve under the Castle theme leader?

Ah, why are you crying Admiral Marcel?

Possibly he can't get there? :pir_wacko:

But surely he could, Canada isn't so far away, just a few hours drive. For myself and Mister Phes for instance, it's a lot of hours in a plane and an empty wallet.

Possibly he can't get there? :pir_wacko:

But surely he could, Canada isn't so far away, just a few hours drive. For myself and Mister Phes for instance, it's a lot of hours in a plane and an empty wallet.

It's a two hour drive (or so) from Philadelphia, so I imagine it is about four hours from the border of Canada, and that is just from the border.

It's a two hour drive (or so) from Philadelphia, so I imagine it is about four hours from the border of Canada, and that is just from the border.

A woman drove down ("Brick Chick" in a very appropriately painted VW bug...) last year - I think I remember her saying it took 6-8 hrs. Couple of guys also made it from the Buffalo area in the same amount of time. Its a really fun show with lots of appreciative "civilians" visiting and admiring MOCs on Sat and Sun.

Here's the Brick Chick car...Bricktastic V-Dub

Edited by Dadster

Ah, why are you crying Admiral Marcel?

Or maybe he chose the wrong emoticon?